Resource The 'not worthy of a thread of its own' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's correct. And if you stand high atop the Premiership Stand on a wintry June afternoon, you can still hear the faint echoes of Caro's shrieking about the injustice of it all.

:rolleyes:

That was peak "Kardinia Park shouldn't allowed because oppo fans can't get in".

* the oppo fans, it's Geelongs home not theirs.

I'm actually not sure what is more pitiable about the situation, really. The incessant moaning about us having the temerity to want to play home games on our home ground, or the fact that these people actually seem to believe that some monumental injustice is really being perpetrated every time they have to play a H&A game on a ground that is not of their choosing.

Either way, the inevitable bleating is completely pathetic and entirely predictable.

Totally disagree. I am going this week, I would be pissed to be excluded.

FWIW, the issue was that due to construction, there were only IIRC a thousand or so Richmond membership seats.

Would love for someone to explain how we're ranked 4th in Fox Footy's Power Rankings. Behind Port who lost to Melbourne at Adelaide Oval, and also behind Melbourne who have lost to Sydney at the SCG and Brisbane at the MCG.

I get we "haven't beaten anyone" yet, but we also haven't lost to anyone either.

Would love for someone to explain how we're ranked 4th in Fox Footy's Power Rankings. Behind Port who lost to Melbourne at Adelaide Oval, and also behind Melbourne who have lost to Sydney at the SCG and Brisbane at the MCG.

I get we "haven't beaten anyone" yet, but we also haven't lost to anyone either.

Exactly what you just said - we have not had a really tough game yet and the only side we really put away was Norf.

I understand your view. But I would love for someone to explain why anyone should care about Fox Footy's Power Rankings in the first place. Or any other 'rolling ranking' system that is currently out there in the media.

The most reliable way to know how we're objectively ranked over the course of a season is surely still our ladder position and our percentage. Any other system gets really subjective. And the longer the season goes, the more 'accurate' the power ranking that is the actual AFL ladder becomes.

Because “Power Rankings” are feelpinions, not objective data.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back