Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

Remove this Banner Ad

Conor has an 0-0 record. Boxing aint MMA. Floyd is Danger, LeBron, Ruth, Gretzky and Schumacher in a boxing ring, Conor is nobody in that world.

He has nothing to prove to anyone, his record more than speaks for itself.

If Floyd says he can beat Conor in a boxing match he doesnt have to prove a thing to anyone, anyone with half a brain will go "yeh, hes right" without him getting off the couch to do it.
If Conor say he can beat Rafael Medndes in an MMA fight he doesnt have to prove anything. You're making out that they have a similar status in the sport of boxing and they dont, Conors not even in the same Galaxy as Floyd, let alone, planet or stadium. This happened with Ronda when people fell in love with her "oh she could win world titles in boxing now her hands are so good"

Some kid with a 2-0 record in boxing has more right to call Floyd out than Conor and have Floyd prove himself based on athletic ability in a boxing ring alone.

Also on the bolded, no its not, its boxing, theres a huge difference, huge.
Lol "LeBron" i think you chose the wrong basketballer there buddy

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Obviously....but let's admit, Floyd's the one being cautious, imagine if he lost, humiliation he wouldn't like I'm sure
Conner prob wouldn't give a **** if he lost and would run the line that Floyd's 49 and 0 and been boxing for 20 odd years

Of course they are shooting the mouth for publicity
It sells, the world knows this
Shoot enough and someones gonna tell Floyd he has to step up or shut up

Floyd is one fight away from reaching the mythical 50 - 0 record that would further solidify him as the greatest boxer of all time. What better way to reach the milestone than a huge money fight against an unranked opponent. And if by some miracle he does lose, he could always blame it on the Marciano curse.

Who would pay for an interview with an MMA fighter? Lol. A lot of people no doubt, which I find to be bizarre. McGregor knows what he's doing and all you can do is applaud him for working out how to take these people's money.

If this stupid ass fight happens, McGregor will get destroyed. I love the McGregor fanatics who think he actually stands a chance in a boxing bout with Mayweather. I hear that McGregor hits really hard and all it takes is 1 punch. That's hilarious. Canelo hits harder than McGregor and is almost an infinitely better technical boxer and we saw how that went. I also love the McGregor fanatics acting like Mayweather wouldn't knock him out because he always goes to decision. Yeah, that's against boxers who are way better than McGregor. Mayweather would knock him out early. Also, boxing gloves will make it so much harder for McGregor to get anything done.

I'd love to see McGregor get destroyed by Mayweather if Mayweather wasn't a complete piece of s**t. He is though, so this fight can * right off.

I see that Dana White thinks this fight really needs the UFC's involvement. Haha no it doesn't. If the fight happens it'd be so much better off without the UFC's involvement. If at all possible, McGregor and Mayweather should keep the UFC out of this. All they're going to do is take their share and with this fight the UFC brand adds basically nothing.

Who would pay for an interview with an MMA fighter? Lol. A lot of people no doubt, which I find to be bizarre. McGregor knows what he's doing and all you can do is applaud him for working out how to take these people's money.

If this stupid ass fight happens, McGregor will get destroyed. I love the McGregor fanatics who think he actually stands a chance in a boxing bout with Mayweather. I hear that McGregor hits really hard and all it takes is 1 punch. That's hilarious. Canelo hits harder than McGregor and is almost an infinitely better technical boxer and we saw how that went. I also love the McGregor fanatics acting like Mayweather wouldn't knock him out because he always goes to decision. Yeah, that's against boxers who are way better than McGregor. Mayweather would knock him out early. Also, boxing gloves will make it so much harder for McGregor to get anything done.

I'd love to see McGregor get destroyed by Mayweather if Mayweather wasn't a complete piece of s**t. He is though, so this fight can **** right off.

I see that Dana White thinks this fight really needs the UFC's involvement. Haha no it doesn't. If the fight happens it'd be so much better off without the UFC's involvement. If at all possible, McGregor and Mayweather should keep the UFC out of this. All they're going to do is take their share and with this fight the UFC brand adds basically nothing.
McGregor would be the best thing to ever happen to a drowning sport.

The company who put on the event have done it with a number of other athletes and celebritys, but none have garnered even close to amount of press this one did.
I feel McGregors motivation of doing it was to show the UFC he can fill a 5000 seat auditorium for an hours chat. Besides, it was basically an extreamly well produced sportsman night, which do well all over this country. I wouldnt pay for it, but i dont understand why you can be critical of people who would be happy too.

McGregor would be the best thing to ever happen to a drowning sport.
It's funny that boxing's been dying forever apparently. Boxing has booms and busts, just like MMA.

McGregor fighting once and getting destroyed does what for boxing? Mayweather/McGregor would accomplish less going forward than Mayweather/Pacquiao did. Mayweather would be the A-side and McGregor the B-side in this bout too. McGregor's going to be the best thing to happen to boxing when he isn't even the A-side in the fight? That's funny.

The company who put on the event have done it with a number of other athletes and celebritys, but none have garnered even close to amount of press this one did.
I feel McGregors motivation of doing it was to show the UFC he can fill a 5000 seat auditorium for an hours chat. Besides, it was basically an extreamly well produced sportsman night, which do well all over this country. I wouldnt pay for it, but i dont understand why you can be critical of people who would be happy too.
You're a huge McGregor fan and you didn't buy it. That says a lot. I think it's dumb to buy an interview when he was always going to say the same s**t he always does. Plus, MMA sites were clearly going to transcribe it. I think it's funny and weird that anyone would actually pay for it. I don't really feel I was all that critical of these people. I could have been far more critical.

The interview wasn't available in Aus anyways.

In regards to the potential boxing bout - Just about everything is against McGregor. The one thing he might be able to cling onto is the % rate of boxers coming out of retirement and being successful. I don't have the number, but I'm assuming it isn't great.

Even if McGregor believes he'll get whooped, he'd be crazy to knock back the opportunity given the pay day he'll get out of it.

It's funny that boxing's been dying forever apparently. Boxing has booms and busts, just like MMA.

McGregor fighting once and getting destroyed does what for boxing? Mayweather/McGregor would accomplish less going forward than Mayweather/Pacquiao did. Mayweather would be the A-side and McGregor the B-side in this bout too. McGregor's going to be the best thing to happen to boxing when he isn't even the A-side in the fight? That's funny.

You're a huge McGregor fan and you didn't buy it. That says a lot. I think it's dumb to buy an interview when he was always going to say the same s**t he always does. Plus, MMA sites were clearly going to transcribe it. I think it's funny and weird that anyone would actually pay for it. I don't really feel I was all that critical of these people. I could have been far more critical.
Boxing has been a bust for a long time.

Even the "massive" Mayweather v Pac was boring as 1 boxer decided to run the whole time.

I hope if McGregor is getting beat he kicks him in the face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even the "massive" Mayweather v Pac was boring as 1 boxer decided to run the whole time.

I was a huge boxing fan from the late 80's but stopped in the mid 2000's. Haven't gone back to it since.

I liked following a lot of up and coming fighters too, especially in the early 90's, but managers and promoters turned me away.

Amazing how many people who watched Pac v Money said that, less amazing how many of them had no clue what a boxing match looks like.

Also call it boring if you want but it did better numbers than anything MMA or damn near anything on ppv has ever done.

Amazing how many people who watched Pac v Money said that, less amazing how many of them had no clue what a boxing match looks like.

Also call it boring if you want but it did better numbers than anything MMA or damn near anything on ppv has ever done.
Lol thats so true.

I was a room with 10 other people. Throughout the fight and at the end i was the only person to score it for mayweather, the rest were yelling robbery. And i have probably seen less than 25 boxing matches live in my life.

2 sports going in the opposite direction.

Green v Mundine will go close to if not sell out Adelaide Oval, Mayweather v Paq allegedly did between 4 and 5m buys and around $400m.

Even just using my eyes, Mayweather v Paq had a line about 50 deep outside a pub on a Sunday morning at 9am, compare that to 189 or 205 and it wasn't even funny.

The UFC have a number of disgruntled employees looking at forming a union, continuing lacklustre views (outside of Rousey and Conor) disharmony in the differing states athletic commissions, poor fighter pay and a disjointed drug testing regime. That's without even getting to Bellator etc.

I love MMA but the death or decline of boxing continues to be woefully exaggerated. I also love Conor but suggesting he will be the best thing to happen to boxing is ridiculous.

Green v Mundine will go close to if not sell out Adelaide Oval, Mayweather v Paq allegedly did between 4 and 5m buys and around $400m.

Even just using my eyes, Mayweather v Paq had a line about 50 deep outside a pub on a Sunday morning at 9am, compare that to 189 or 205 and it wasn't even funny.

The UFC have a number of disgruntled employees looking at forming a union, continuing lacklustre views (outside of Rousey and Conor) disharmony in the differing states athletic commissions, poor fighter pay and a disjointed drug testing regime. That's without even getting to Bellator etc.

I love MMA but the death or decline of boxing continues to be woefully exaggerated. I also love Conor but suggesting he will be the best thing to happen to boxing is ridiculous.

Green will be 44 and Mundine 42 when they fight. It holds interest due to Mundine being an idiot and people wanting to see him get KOed.

Green V Mundine isn't about quality boxing.

Green will be 44 and Mundine 42 when they fight. It holds interest due to Mundine being an idiot and people wanting to see him get KOed.

Green V Mundine isn't about quality boxing.

Sounds similar to bellators recent high rating card.

The freak factor is always gonna be there in combat sports, but for whatever reason people always want to say boxing is dying, I'm not a huge boxing fan, the promotions and politics make it hard to follow the sport, but it's not dying, not by a long shot.

I can't stand Mayweather (as a person) but this is laughable. I have no idea how big of a boxing fan you are, but this is typical crap you get from so many MMA fans. They don't give a s**t about technique. They just want to see people bleed. No doubt there are boxing fans like that too, but they seem a lot more willing to actually be interested in good, technical fighting.

A defensive genius like Mayweather is running the whole time because he's fighting intelligently. Okay, got it.

Um, okay. I really couldn't give a * what you hope McGregor does.

Not really. The UFC had a poor year in 2014. They did very well in 2015 and 2016 but it was heavily reliant on two people, McGregor and Rousey. McGregor won't be back for a while and Rousey might never return. We'll see how well the UFC goes without either of them, at least in the short term.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back