Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

Remove this Banner Ad

A source close to the Straight Blast Gym star told the Irish Sun: “Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather have agreed a deal to fight and have both settled on their respective fees.

“The contract hasn’t officially been signed yet because of a third party hold-up but all the details have all been agreed on.

“The fight could even be announced within two weeks.”

"Third Party" = the UFC. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Nothing concrete yet.

Anyone that thought it wouldn't actually happen after the last 4-5 months is very naive.

Probably the two most well known men in there respective sports and both of them are very powerful, outspoken and wealthy.... if they wanted it to happen, it was a matter on when not if.

Anyone that thought it wouldn't actually happen after the last 4-5 months is very naive.

Probably the two most well known men in there respective sports and both of them are very powerful, outspoken and wealthy.... if they wanted it to happen, it was a matter on when not if.
lol, settle down. It is all still heresay

FLOYD Mayweather has responded to a report he had agreed to fight Conor McGregor by insisting no deal has been made and he’s happily retired. The former pound-for-pound boxing champion released a statement on Wednesday after a UK newspaper reported details of a mooted megafight against the UFC superstar. “There seems to be several rumours floating around media recently however, let the record show, there hasn’t been any deals made in regards to a fight between myself and any other fighters,” wrote Mayweather, a message posted to Twitter.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing...t/news-story/62cd51df3f8fb46db307c1d58b1ca134

You willing to bet that it won't happen?
Like I said, it's not IF but WHEN.
All I am saying is it is not confirmed. There are just a few quotes from un nmaed sources

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You willing to bet that it won't happen?
Like I said, it's not IF but WHEN.
Actually reading a few more things about this, I am 99% confident about this not happening.

McGregor is pushing all the trash talk around to try and get a better deal for his next UFC fight. Something tells me Mayweather would see this of to big a risk. Imagine if he lost? It would kill his legacy and all he wants to keep is his legacy

Actually reading a few more things about this, I am 99% confident about this not happening.

McGregor is pushing all the trash talk around to try and get a better deal for his next UFC fight. Something tells me Mayweather would see this of to big a risk. Imagine if he lost? It would kill his legacy and all he wants to keep is his legacy
You think Mayweather isnt willing to risk losing to a guy with a few amature boxing fights? The guy that handled Pacquiao, Cotto, Alvarez ect ect ect ect ect and is one of the best of all time, is worried that he might lose to Conor McGregor in boxing?

I cant imagine a reality where Floyd is considering the possibility he gets knocked out by Conor, because i doubt even Conor thinks that.

I doubt Mayweather would lose.. But even if he did he'd still make shitloads of coin, and the rematch would be like nothing else!

I cant imagine a reality where Floyd is considering the possibility he gets knocked out by Conor, because i doubt even Conor thinks that.
And that is why I reckon McGregor is pushing this s**t in order to get a bigger pay day from the UFC

Conor is all about the $$. He probably knows he would lose but doesn't care.
Thats not really the case... he is no doubt motivated by money, but he has turned down multiple movie roles to focus on what he does best and loves, and thats fighting.

I know i said i doubt he thinks he would k.o. Floyd, but that was tounge in cheek because what makes Conor so special is his self belief.

Thats not really the case... he is no doubt motivated by money, but he has turned down multiple movie roles to focus on what he does best and loves, and thats fighting.

I know i said i doubt he thinks he would k.o. Floyd, but that was tounge in cheek because what makes Conor so special is his self belief.
Dunno.. What's a movie gig gonna pay?

And that is why I reckon McGregor is pushing this s**t in order to get a bigger pay day from the UFC

This is absolutley the main and motivating factor but i do think there is a tiny little sliver of a chance he has seen the monetary possibility of this fight and maybe been swayed to actually reaching for it.

I still think it doesnt happen but i wouldnt bet on it anymore.

Dunno.. What's a movie gig gonna pay?
Pretty sure the role in the latest xxx movie he turned down would have been a nice little earner.. and he had a good excuse not to rematch Diaz at 170 immediately.

Plenty of fighters would have taken that opportunity, even in Conors exact situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back