Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

Remove this Banner Ad

It's 3 months out from UFC 200, all the other fighters are there promoting!

Private plane in and out, but the little a-hole doesn't do it...This is for UFC 200, it's a big deal!

What a messed up situation... I'm almost starting to want Conor to just disappear...

200 is just a number though, the first NY card is more important now I think. Tend to agree with Ryz it could be a tactical move to hype MSG.

Private plane in and out, but the little a-hole doesn't do it...This is for UFC 200, it's a big deal!

What a messed up situation... I'm almost starting to want Conor to just disappear...

he wanted to be paid for it.. the amount of media he would have been booked in for would have been a hell of a lot more than anyone else that rocked up to the presser.

it's not an unreasonable demand.. he would make a fraction of the revenue he brings in.

This is nothing more than the UFC not wanting to give fighters more rights, if they cave to Conor's demands here that sets a precedent they don't want, and more money they have to pay fighters.

I get that as a fan you just want to watch fights but you can't begrudge a fighter wanting more.

The NBA had a lock out that lasted almost half a season because players wanted a few extra percent of revenue (among other things).. the NBA wanted to give them 45% and the players wanted around 50% from memory.

fighters would be lucky to be sitting at 25%.. I'd guess it's a fair bit under that.

one fighter standing his ground because he wants more, because his worth more is nothing but a good thing for him, and in the long run, hopefully all fighters.

"I am just trying to do my job and fight here.
I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote."
- Conor McGregor

He basically said its about money. He doesn't get paid to promote fights, so he doesn't want to do it unless his paid for it.
yeah typical Irishman lol your dont do the promoting there is no money ha ha ha

To be honest, why wouldn't you want him training his arse off to avoid another likely loss to Diaz?
i dont care I dont want him on the card anyways lol. well not unless he was fighting at 145 other than that i dont give a s**t. but I am interested to see how all of this plays out

This is a title fight on its own, I think the UFC are going to dig in. Don't worry Vegas going to be dropping bombs on Dana and crew they want there drunk Irishman spending tons of cash on gambling and drinking ect.

So many parties have a steak in this dispute I can't even predict who ends up on top. Right now Connor is flexing all his muscles the p4p King almost GOAT is fighting and Connor is dominating all headlines.

He still controlled the press conference from home. Maybe floyd has been coaching him lol.

UFC's going to lose money because they need the fighters to know their place. Interesting. And the fighters certainly know their place. I really don't get some of these fighters completely taking the UFC's side. They see that even someone in the position that McGregor is in can't get what he wants. Then what are they going to be able to get?

What would have been great is if all the fighters didn't show up. That would have been amazing.

UFC 200 is only a big deal if it has stars on it. If not it's just a typical UFC PPV that the UFC tries to tell you is more important than it actually is. The card, as it stands right now, is pretty damn good, but it's not coming close to the success of UFC 100. If it had McGregor on it it'd be right up there.

I don't hope McGregor disappears. This will be good for the fighters going forward. If McGregor just gave in and did what the UFC wanted they'd know that they can push anyone around. Now they know that sometimes big stars will push back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who knows what's going on.

Diaz saying he'd only fight McGregor at UFC 200 was a smart move.

I was giving the fighters a lot of s**t for taking the UFC's side, but it's tough to stand up against the people paying you. Good to see some fighters not siding with the UFC though.

Rory MacDonald seems to have realised after his last fight that being a company man wasn't really paying off for him. His view on this whole situation made a lot of sense to me.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/2...ach-still-51-percent-optimistic-about-ufc-200

John Kavanagh was on the MMA Hour today and he said that they are still confident that McGregor will be on the UFC 200 card

"I don't think we've gone past any point of no return," Kavanagh said. "There's mutual respect from both parties. Dana and Lorenzo and those guys are sensible businessmen. This is just one of those things. I have no doubt that we'll continue with the tradition for his next fight. Lorenzo will bring in his bottle of Midleton [whiskey] and we'll do our usual toast and we'll carry on."

From the link that Dan posted, Dana said that he hasn't even spoken to anyone from SBG or McGregor's camp since Friday, which is amazing. I'd find that hard to believe unless he is stretching the truth and someone else has been dealing with it.

this is just crazy now, wonder if the im back was after seeing DC cut a great promo for UFC 200. right now it doesnt matter what they do ufc 200 is on every media's radar. there is some saying that this is going to be the last contract he will have under the UFC its like about another 5 fights

This most recent tweet from McGregor seems an interesting tactic.

The UFC are going to look pretty silly if they do concede here.

Irrespective of whether he should or shouldn’t fight on the card, the Cormier - Jones fight is a way more appropriate main event for UFC 200.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back