Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a bit over him. I was a big fan, and I'd love to watch him fight, but I don't think we'll ever see him in the UFC again. He doesn't want to fight on a Fight Night card, and there's no way he'd want to be second-fiddle on a PPV card, because he's not getting a championship fight.

I don't think there's any real MMA fan that doesn't enjoy watching him fight. He's incredibly talented, had a crowd pleasing style and can end fights in the blink of an eye.

Like you, I think he's done. He's made enough money to last several lifetimes and seems more interested in the whiskey business and the party lifestyle unless he's handed a title shot on a silver platter. Given Dana is still running things, I won't rule that out though.

What's your prediction?
He's ego will get the best of him and he will fight. He's lost too much respect in the fight game now and will want some back.

You don't get as good as he was fighting only for money

I'd reckon he will get either of Khabib or Poirier coming off a loss or Diaz 3. Connor would get mauled by either of Woodley or Usman so that would be a one off in that division against Diaz but I reckon he fights Khabib again. Too much business interest to ignore it

Instagram rumour (I think it's bs) UFC trying to do Holloway/McGregor 2 at 145 for the end of year card. McGregor wants a title fight and UFC won't give him the 155 shot but are willing to let him go at 145.

Regardless....McGregor will be back.

He's ego will get the best of him and he will fight. He's lost too much respect in the fight game now and will want some back.

I'd reckon he will get either of Khabib or Poirier coming off a loss or Diaz 3. Connor would get mauled by either of Woodley or Usman so that would be a one off in that division against Diaz but I reckon he fights Khabib again. Too much business interest to ignore it
I think he’d come back for a Diaz fight for sure. And he’d lose.

Instagram rumour (I think it's bs) UFC trying to do Holloway/McGregor 2 at 145 for the end of year card. McGregor wants a title fight and UFC won't give him the 155 shot but are willing to let him go at 145.

Surely he can't make 145 anymore. Not by the end of the year anyway.

Why not.

Has never missed weight which also includes championship weight at 145 on multiple occasions.
the UFC have guaranteed that figgt to Volk.

But it would be a very Dana White thing to change his mind to kiss up to Mcnuggets

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Id say he would take that provided he can make weight all his success came at 145, didnt have the power at 155 got a decent match up with Eddie but i dont think he gets past Max TBH and that kinda messes up Volk as well

The fight to make is surely Diaz/McGregor 2. If Diaz loses to Mas it's easy to do the trilogy if Diaz wins, that fight is a while away if it ever happens.
Other options are Holloway at 155, Poirer or Khabib rematches

The biggest fight is Khabib but any Conor fight sells huge numbers so any of these can really work IMO

The fight to make is surely Diaz/McGregor 2. If Diaz loses to Mas it's easy to do the trilogy if Diaz wins, that fight is a while away if it ever happens.
Other options are Holloway at 155, Poirer or Khabib rematches

The biggest fight is Khabib but any Conor fight sells huge numbers so any of these can really work IMO
You mean Diaz/McGregor 3?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Porier will want a bit of time off I reckon.
Ferguson vs Khabib title fight must happen next.

The only option for McGregor is the winner of Cerrone v Gaethje. If he thinks he is too good for that fight he needs a harsh reality check.

McGregor Ferguson would be siiiiick
Ferguson would win I reckon but fu** imagine Ferguson's attitude around McGregor haha
Tony gets hit, but he never seems to quit or even really get hurt.

Reckon he’d get lit up but win like Nate 1.

Tony fighting for belt next anyway.

TBH the division has flown past him, and he is too big to be able to build back up because he will want $$$$$$. I think its just going to be money fight maybe max, or an Aldo rematch
Holloway, yes.

Aldo, no. Who the * wants to see that fight again? especially considering Aldo is not the Aldo he was the first time

He should have took the Cerrone fight when it was on the table. A good opponent that people like to watch, but not good enough to beat him.

Imagine if he lost to Khabib again, or even Diaz. His legacy would be very badly hurt. I think Connor does enjoy fighting, but he can ride into the sunset now and be very happy. Losing fights doesn't sell much whiskey.

use to like Conor when he was talking smack and knocking guys out. Now I can't stand the bloke, cheats on his misses with countless women, starts fights with members of the public and calls out fighters only to deflect the fights behind the scenes, i.e Tony & Cowboy. Guy has always been over-rated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back