NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
im calling the switch left high kick KO by Cowboy

Would be pretty sweet. But hard to land on a southpaw. I think cowboy can use body kicks effectively for sure. Issue is going to be him surviving R1, he starts slow & Conor could spark him early

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
So whats his thinking?

He isnt worrying about weight, he gives cowboy a good payday and would be confident against him and is just using it as a warm up to once again push for khabib?.

Or he wants a third title in a third division?.

No ones done 3 in 3

I think it's this, it's a risk doing it this way. I think they should have pushed for Khabib first, maybe hard to justify him getting that fight straight away but the UFC have done more with less before. If he loses to Cowboy, maybe all he can do is Nate 3.

Rettolalia

????
Nov 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I think it's this, it's a risk doing it this way. I think they should have pushed for Khabib first, maybe hard to justify him getting that fight straight away but the UFC have done more with less before. If he loses to Cowboy, maybe all he can do is Nate 3.

How is coming back after two years away from the cage to straight away face Khabib, any less of a risk then this?

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
How is coming back after two years away from the cage to straight away face Khabib, any less of a risk then this?

Well if he loses to Khabib which he probably will, he can then still fight Cerrone, could fight Nate, if he beats either of those two he can fight Masvidal. But if he loses to Cerrone it's hard to justify any of those fights, maybe Nate at a pinch.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
He'd want to have done a hell of a lot of takedown defense in his time off.

If Tony doesnt beat Khabib then I don't think anyone will before he retires.
Gaethje or Tony the only chances. I think if Khabib beats Tony he will retire, don’t know why just got a feeling. He ain’t fighting Conor again & no way will Conor Cocaine addicted wash up McGregor want that smoke.

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
Gaethje or Tony the only chances. I think if Khabib beats Tony he will retire, don’t know why just got a feeling. He ain’t fighting Conor again & no way will Conor Cocaine addicted wash up McGregor want that smoke.
Hilarious.

Conor McGregor, regardless of how unrealistic anyone else believes he is being, has a deep self belief in his abilities and knowledge of combat.

I’m of the opinion Khabib will remain undefeated, and sure he’d probably go up 2-0, but to suggest Conor does not ‘want that smoke’ is hilarious. He believes he would win in rematches against both Mayweather in boxing, and Khabib in MMA and would take both fights again.

I don’t think it is quite fair to say he is washed up. He has no need to fight every three months. His last loss was to someone everyone else has lost to, as was the one before that.

With all the outside talk, it is easy to forget that he delivered two of the all-time great victories by any title challenger, ever. It is not like he is up there in age either. An ‘on’ Conor is about as dangerous on the feet as it gets which is likely where this upcoming fight will stay. Only time will tell which version of himself we see.

I’m looking forward to a great fight between he and Cerrone.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Hilarious.

Conor McGregor, regardless of how unrealistic anyone else believes he is being, has a deep self belief in his abilities and knowledge of combat.

I’m of the opinion Khabib will remain undefeated, and sure he’d probably go up 2-0, but to suggest Conor does not ‘want that smoke’ is hilarious. He believes he would win in rematches against both Mayweather in boxing, and Khabib in MMA and would take both fights again.

I don’t think it is quite fair to say he is washed up. He has no need to fight every three months. His last loss was to someone everyone else has lost to, as was the one before that.

With all the outside talk, it is easy to forget that he delivered two of the all-time great victories by any title challenger, ever. It is not like he is up there in age either. An ‘on’ Conor is about as dangerous on the feet as it gets which is likely where this upcoming fight will stay. Only time will tell which version of himself we see.

Deep self belief made me laugh.
Every single MMA fighter has self belief & if they didn’t they won’t be in the game long. Conor is pretty good at talking so of course he will say things to raise his public image.
Let me tell you something. It’s as good as a fact that Conor did everything in his power to avoid fighting Tony, he made sure management never made that fight possible. Gaethje called him out hard on social-media to the point where any man would want to belt the * out of him, now why hasn’t he pushed for that fight? I don’t think Gaethje is the one shaking in his boots. He’s taken the easier fight. So don’t believe the idea that Conor will take any fight. Dana White also spits out the same bullshit because he enjoys deepthroating Conors utensil. Saying Conor will fight anybody. Bullshit.
I’m being real with you. I use to love Conor up until the Eddie fight, he was a great entertainer & was at the top of his game. Since then he’s a classic case of letting the money go to your head. This is the fight game, you can’t go missing for 2 years, snorting rocks all day & come back expecting to still be at the highest level, it has an impact & guys are always continuously improving their game & getting better. Guys like Tony train for 5-6 hours a day. Conor has too much money now to be putting in that kind of work year round & that’s what it takes to be the best.

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Deep self belief made me laugh.
Every single MMA fighter has self belief & if they didn’t they won’t be in the game long. Conor is pretty good at talking so of course he will say things to raise his public image.
Let me tell you something. It’s as good as a fact that Conor did everything in his power to avoid fighting Tony, he made sure management never made that fight possible. Gaethje called him out hard on social-media to the point where any man would want to belt the fu** out of him, now why hasn’t he pushed for that fight? I don’t think Gaethje is the one shaking in his boots. He’s taken the easier fight. So don’t believe the idea that Conor will take any fight. Dana White also spits out the same bullshit because he enjoys deepthroating Conors utensil. Saying Conor will fight anybody. Bullshit.
I’m being real with you. I use to love Conor up until the Eddie fight, he was a great entertainer & was at the top of his game. Since then he’s a classic case of letting the money go to your head. This is the fight game, you can’t go missing for 2 years, snorting rocks all day & come back expecting to still be at the highest level, it has an impact & guys are always continuously improving their game & getting better. Guys like Tony train for 5-6 hours a day. Conor has too much money now to be putting in that kind of work year round & that’s what it takes to be the best.
You have seemingly misinterpreted my post - I did not suggest that he would fight anybody or make mention of half of what you are speaking about.

I was merely making the suggestion that his two most recent combat sport losses haunt him, and just like he did with Nate Diaz would take the rematch in an attempt to “get it back”.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hilarious.

sorry but Conor is just not beating Khabib.

Tony stands a better chance for many reasons, notably superior wrestling and ground game, actually offering a threat with strikes and submissions from the bottom and his ridiculous cardio and pace.

If conor was going to seriously come back and try beat Khabib he'd want to have rounded his game significantly, but I'm just not sure he's been working that hard.

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
sorry but Conor is just not beating Khabib.

Tony stands a better chance for many reasons, notably superior wrestling and ground game, actually offering a threat with strikes and submissions from the bottom and his ridiculous cardio and pace.

If conor was going to seriously come back and try beat Khabib he'd want to have rounded his game significantly, but I'm just not sure he's been working that hard.
No need for an apology; we are in agreement. :thumbsu:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You are an absoloute idiot if you think McGregor is going for the 170 title. The bloke looked completely out of his depth at 155 against Khabibs style, the 2 current 170 title holders are both much bigger and stronger than Khabib and pressure for 5 straight rounds. If he can't beat Khabib he ain't beating a much stronger Usman.

Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
You are an absoloute idiot if you think McGregor is going for the 170 title. The bloke looked completely out of his depth at 155 against Khabibs style, the 2 current 170 title holders are both much bigger and stronger than Khabib and pressure for 5 straight rounds. If he can't beat Khabib he ain't beating a much stronger Usman.

Not sure where anyone has said they think he is going for the 170 title though lol?

Back