The Notorious Dids

Remove this Banner Ad

Some funny s**t, hope she mentions in her "book" she only dated Dids because of who he was.

That's what majority of these so called wags do.

The fact that this publication spells felling instead of feeling, I won't read much into it.
Didak is a champion of our club, plain and simple.

Sure Didak is a champion of the club, and this won't change that, but c'mon ...

... nobody is going to get anywhere by defending him off-field during that era. Even just taking the stuff that made it out into the open (for example and for example ) he was hardly an angel. To his credit, he turned it around later.

The target of the book is wannabe WAGs, and if this book opens their eyes a little then how can that be a bad thing?

But the world has changed a bit since 2006. We've now got women on the field for starters.

Sure Didak is a champion of the club, and this won't change that, but c'mon ...

... nobody is going to get anywhere by defending him off-field during that era. Even just taking the stuff that made it out into the open (for example and for example ) he was hardly an angel. To his credit, he turned it around later.

The target of the book is wannabe WAGs, and if this book opens their eyes a little then how can that be a bad thing?

But the world has changed a bit since 2006. We've now got women on the field for starters.

Surely you can see that labeling him 'notorious' was way over the top. He was a larrikan, a bad-boy at times, but he didn't kill anyone or commit any major crimes. He wasn't notorious. The Herald Sun lol.

Surely you can see that labeling him 'notorious' was way over the top. He was a larrikan, a bad-boy at times, but he didn't kill anyone or commit any major crimes. He wasn't notorious. The Herald Sun lol.
There were lots of rumours around at that time about Dids, if only half of them had any substance, then notorious would be appropriate.
But, they were only rumours

It's marketing hype to sell a book.

And besides, being labeled 'notorious' is hardly the stuff of defamation and people getting upset (unless the term 'notorious' has taken on some new connotation?)

It's marketing hype to sell a book.

And besides, being labeled 'notorious' is hardly the stuff of defamation and people getting upset (unless the term 'notorious' has taken on some new connotation?)

Oh so notorious is in the book title not some Herald Sun grab headline. Notorious to me is what applies to gun/drug traffickers, murderers - not some rat-bag footballer who made a few headlines for being a dumb-arse.

Oh so notorious is in the book title not some Herald Sun grab headline.

'Notorious' was probably in the publisher's press release which was probably copy and pasted verbatim.

Notorious to me is what applies to gun/drug traffickers, murderers - not some rat-bag footballer who made a few headlines for being a dumb-arse.

'Notorious' is also a fat five year old kid who keeps putting his hand in the cookie jar when he shouldn't.

I just take it to mean anybody who gets up to mischief a bit more often than they should.

'Notorious' was probably in the publisher's press release which was probably copy and pasted verbatim.

'Notorious' is also a fat five year old kid who keeps putting his hand in the cookie jar when he shouldn't.

I just take it to mean anybody who gets up to mischief a bit more often than they should.

A lot of words can have a different meaning given the context. Someone can be a notorious snorer, a notorious gambler... but left on it's own to describe a person sort of makes them sound like Chopper Read/Mick Gatto - a criminal type. Someone to be feared/loathed.

Anyway, some money grabbing title to get book sales up - not sure if I'd read it as not that interested can just PM BJ for all the 'goss'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, some money grabbing title to get book sales up -

You mean 'Bring the book to the awareness of people who might be interested in it"? :p

not sure if I'd read it as not that interested can just PM BJ for all the 'goss'.

I'd imagine that neither you nor anybody who has posted in this thread to date would be in the target demographic for this book.

Was his nickname Dids a play on his surname or does it mean anything else?

You mean 'Bring the book to the awareness of people who might be interested in it"? :p

I'd imagine that neither you nor anybody who has posted in this thread to date would be in the target demographic for this book.

To be honest I thought it was a HS headline. It's the title of some WAG's book. Who am I to criticize her. She likes the AFL footballer bad-boy type so she sort of got what she wanted. Not interested in her book, but she'll make a killing out of it.

Some funny s**t, hope she mentions in her "book" she only dated Dids because of who he was.

That's what majority of these so called wags do.

While this is true.

Most of these footballers actually are complete assholes in real life. It's one part of the problem with the recruiting age being so young. Bump it up to 21 imo.

If you make a mistake you learn something, then it's no longer a mistake. If you remain stuck you learn nothing.
He seems to be a happily married man with a family. Don't think he needs this. Let him move on.:)

If you make a mistake you learn something, then it's no longer a mistake. If you remain stuck you learn nothing.
He seems to be a happily married man with a family. Don't think he needs this. Let him move on.:)

No doubt he has.

If I was in Did's shoes I'd be ringing her up, congratulating her on the book, and offering to ring up Ed to organise a book launch at the club.

I've met Alan many times and he is actually a very softly spoken, polite and friendly man.

Please don't confuse "meeting the public" footballer with who they really are.

Otherwise you'd actually believe Harry O'Brien is a peaceful hippy nice guy as opposed to the dude that cheated on Fuzzy with my cousin at a nightclub.

Please be less naive.

Alan Didak I'm sure now that he's older matured is a much better person now, but back in his teens and 20s, he was a guy who rolled up to training inebriated on numerous occasions.

Is anyone able to copy and paste the article? I rather not add to the page views if I could.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back