Portfolio The NRL by ISC

Remove this Banner Ad

I was not going to do these as expansion teams, but then went what the heck, and did. These will not be a daily post, just when I get them done and up.

So lets begin...

North Sydney Bears - the only club in the NRL era without any representation

Well The_torpedo you sort of got your wish. The Bears are back, on the Central Coast.

kHHFEvth.jpg

uvUEqP2h.jpg

Canberra Raiders continued....

At first I had very little idea of what to do for this away kit. In reality the only thing I knew that I wanted was that the base colour was going to be the darker blue that the club has been using. So when I changed the base colour of the design to that colour this design came to me as the sleeves began to pop a little, so I thought why not continue it onto the chest and make a wide low V. The addition of the lime green on the outside of the stripes completed the look.

0655Pqi.jpg

More designs tomorrow. I promise I won't dog you and not post anything...
Great portfolio. do you edit the jerseys then save them as an image and import them to the final template - or do you just edit everything in the final template then save as one image. does that make sense? just trying to find an easier way to create a portfolio and not have to save multiple times and ensure consistency

Great portfolio. do you edit the jerseys then save them as an image and import them to the final template - or do you just edit everything in the final template then save as one image. does that make sense? just trying to find an easier way to create a portfolio and not have to save multiple times and ensure consistency

I have always done it this way.

The designs are made on the full uniform template (jersey, shorts, socks) then I save the final design which is then added to the presentation template and saved. The presentation template would be too large of a file if I had the full uniform template added into it.

craegus Understand it’s a matter of personal interest and motivation but if you were so inclined, I’d love to see a Western Reds/West Coast Pirates concept. :)

Well Freight Train your selfishness has paid off...

Introducing the West Coast Pirates.

Due to the design of the away kit I had to take a different route for the pirates home as two black kits would not work. So I went with a design that was inspired firstly by this kit

DVqf0nHU8AAZAWP.jpg

and by this one

ewQPSjPZEDMknjU4zFHErZRrGG9bIQs1IfTbvdKE9nHTf_tg9vaKyLtdtZy5RNhzmepKatrEAoZtjkudHSai3jzh=w530-h297-n

But I have made the V's a little curved to resemble the swords on the teams logo

LuV7IH7h.jpg

And the away, well there is no explanation needed

LA8ujTth.jpg

Well Freight Train your selfishness has paid off...

Introducing the West Coast Pirates.

Due to the design of the away kit I had to take a different route for the pirates home as two black kits would not work. So I went with a design that was inspired firstly by this kit

DVqf0nHU8AAZAWP.jpg

and by this one

ewQPSjPZEDMknjU4zFHErZRrGG9bIQs1IfTbvdKE9nHTf_tg9vaKyLtdtZy5RNhzmepKatrEAoZtjkudHSai3jzh=w530-h297-n

But I have made the V's a little curved to resemble the swords on the teams logo

LuV7IH7h.jpg

And the away, well there is no explanation needed

LA8ujTth.jpg

Top stuff, man!

And now for New South Wales.

Simplicity here, no chevrons, a lighter blue, white numbers (though I added a dark blue stroke to make them a little more visible).

uF0QieWh.jpg

And now that is it. I am not going to do the Australian kit as I would basically be making the same design as is used now with slightly different shorts and socks.

I may open this up to suggestions. If you have any feel free to post them, but there is no guarantee that I will do them, it will come down to my interest in making them.
Wish NSW would wear the hooped socks in origin...hate the plain blue socks.

Was there ever an Adelaide team in the NRL?

The Adelaide Rams lasted for a couple years in the late 90s

They played for 2 years but existed from the end of 1995. They played 1 year in the Super League in 1997 (would have played in 1996 had Super League not been held up by legal action) and 1 year in the newly formed NRL in 1998. They folded in 1999 just before the season started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant stuff as alway, love it craegus

Well we will see about the next one.

Speaking of the next one...

I’d like to see the Adelaide Rams.

Adelaide Rams please and thank you.

Well you asked so I answered.

Here are the Adelaide Rams.

Adelaide had a very unique design for their short existance, and by unique I mean it was a design used by several Super League teams and was just recoloured for each team. With that being said for the home kit I did not use this design. Instead while searching up images of the Rams I came across this design

chf8f.jpg

So I based the home kit on this design (including changing the logo colours to make the Rams head have white in it and making the yellow an accent.

uU3NQSfh.jpg

However for the away I had to go with a similar look to the teams actual kits for their two years, though I replaced the red for yellow on the jersey for better contrast. The sleeve design is also a little different but it allows for the lower blue section to look a bit like a Rams head.

iZspkDSh.jpg

And that is it for all the requested expansion teams that I was able/willing to do. I am still open for doing others, but they have to be related to actual teams, so I can find logos/sponsors/designs that I can base them on.

A few new ones if you can be bothered:
Glebe Dirty Reds
Annandale
Cumberland
Sydney Uni

So basically the rest of the original Sydney 8 and the couple of teams that had a little representation in the 1910-1940 period. Even though I have already done Parramatta who are the natural successor for Cumberland.

So basically the rest of the original Sydney 8 and the couple of teams that had a little representation in the 1910-1940 period. Even though I have already done Parramatta who are the natural successor for Cumberland.
Pretty much. I have no idea where Cumberland is but if the Eels are their successor then there’s no need to do them. But yeah I reckon the Sydney 8 would be good to see since most of the AFL’s 1897 team are still around in their original form.

Pretty much. I have no idea where Cumberland is but if the Eels are their successor then there’s no need to do them. But yeah I reckon the Sydney 8 would be good to see since most of the AFL’s 1897 team are still around in their original form.

Cumberland is basically Parramatta, there is no connection between them but the team used the colours of Parramatta council.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back