NRL The NRL pre-season

Remove this Banner Ad

This is certainly unprecedented in the history of the NRL. They've taken a giant step in showing they can be more than just a toothless bunch who talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

No sweeping stuff under the carpet, but a policy which should act as a massive deterrent to players who put themselves in compromising situations.

The NRL have finally grown some balls and for that I applaud them, now if they could just get the campaigners at the DT to finally let go we might actually see the game move forward, especially after the news about the positive financial result from last year.

Good win for the Warriors over a pretty meh Tigers side. Wingers were a constant threat and D for the most part was very good.

Great to see some really clean PTB's after watching the English absolutely butcher them this year.

No surprise to see those scumbags at the DT leak the Penrith players name. Offsiders with the two main cheerleaders continue their constant attacks on the NRL despite them coming down harder than ever before on player behaviour.

No surprise to see those scumbags at the DT leak the Penrith players name. Offsiders with the two main cheerleaders continue their constant attacks on the NRL despite them coming down harder than ever before on player behaviour.
Be intersting to see who is the ex penriff player that is doing the alleged leaking.
If he played there last year, there’s not too many people it could be. CHN?

Be intersting to see who is the ex penriff player that is doing the alleged leaking.
If he played there last year, there’s not too many people it could be. CHN?

I really don't know, but gee this is heartbreaking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seems almost certain that next year will see a wildcard weekend, I presume the AFL will follow suit

7 v 10 and 8 v 9, then normal finals after that

I am a fan of the idea because it makes it harder the path harder and longer for 7 and 8 thus benefitting the top 6.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...0/news-story/f4d50f473c8f1ac5a134ec954953d758

It's not a wildcard when every team is on the same ladder. It's just adding 9th and 10th to the finals.

Also I'm not paying to read this.

Cameron Smith wants the 2009 and 2007 premierships.

Ever wonder why the Swans are popular in Sydney but the Storm in Melbourne not so much?

Storm act like people don't follow the news.

Ever wonder why the Swans are popular in Sydney but the Storm in Melbourne not so much?
Pretty sure the "Sharks cheated from 2013 to 2018 but didn't cheat in 2016" amateur hour response has way more to do with people in Victoria treating the NRL with contempt then anything Smith said.

Storm cheated with 428% more money than Cronulla ($3,700,000 vs $700,000). You can argue Cronulla should have their premiership stripped but no the Storm aren't getting their two back.

Smith could've easily given stock answer "Tough time in the club's history, we've worked hard to move on, it hurt but ultimately we're better people for the experience". No. Multimillionaire wants the premierships he got through cheating. Has he ever showed contrition in the last 9 years?

Cool.

But that's got nothing to do with why people in Melbourne don't support the Storm like they do the Swans in Sydney.

Victorians, wrongly IMO, believe the Storm got dealt with harshly due to NSW bias. Having the Sharks be convicted of salary cap cheating over a period when they won the premiership (sorry forgot they cheat 2013-2015 and 2017/2018 not 2016 though) and not having the premiership stripped only adds to that belief.

If you want to switch gears and stop pretending Smith's the reason Victorians don't like the Storm and just want to have a whinge about Smith go ahead but I was only countering your original assertion. Couldn't really care about Smith whinging.

Maybe because Australian Rules football is a better spectator sport, and Melbourne is already saturated with sports teams that hundreds of hundreds of thousands of members.

Multimillionaire wants the premierships he got through cheating. Has he ever showed contrition in the last 9 years?
Didn't realise a player was responsible for the actions of the club.

Didn't realise a player was responsible for the actions of the club.

You think Smith was oblivious? Didn't notice money coming in was hundreds of thousands of dollars over his formal contract? :$ Gee really stupid of the Storm to cheat the cap if the players didn't notice :drunk::gun:

* me. Imagine if the NRL poured 20 million + dollars a year into Melbourne like the AFL currently do in to NSW and QLD.

The Swans have built a fantastic following over many, many years, while the Storm survive on not much more than their own self promotion. They're without a doubt an amazingly successful side who have a great coach who gets the best out of some average players. Sometimes their tactics are very questionable and it's that which turns people from outside Victoria against them more than anything.

Cam bringing the Premierships up again only re-fuels the anger from last time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back