Competitions The Numbers Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't hold your breath on that. I haven't heard that Bruce has declined as yet.
Key forward :heavycheck:
Left footer :heavycheck:
Odd nickname based on last name :heavycheck:
Weird hairdo :heavycheck:
Different cat :heavycheck:

It's meant to be :thumbsu:

Key forward :heavycheck:
Left footer :heavycheck:
Odd nickname based on last name :heavycheck:
Weird hairdo :heavycheck:
Different cat :heavycheck:

It's meant to be :thumbsu:
Exactly!

Would be a real shame for them both to decline given the club envisioned them in those numbers - would've been a real kick for some die hard supporters.

Players should more or less have free reign (by seniority and availability) as to what number they want to be in IMO.

I prefer my draftees/unproven tradees to start high and move low though. Not saying you can't give single digits and teens to younger players, but Crocker and Markworth had 9 and 10 respectively and neither played a game, and that just seems silly.

Didn't Billings wear number 9 during his junior career?? I think he will keep 15 but he'd definitely suit number 9!

Why do we keep upgrading numbers ???? why would Bruce go from 27 to 9,there's no point why can't a player make their own number famous.
It would be good to see Mc Cartin make 32 his own or Bruce make 27 a number we all want to wear, it also takes unnecessary pressure off those players.

Bruce is probably thinking of kids who went out and got jumpers with 27 too. There are plenty of them these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Minchington #30
Last five wearers;

2013-2015: Brodie Murdoch - 22 games
2010-2012: Brett Peake - 43 games
2007: Brad Howard - 2 games
2005-2006: Mark McGough - 12 games
2001-2003: Daniel Wulf - 30 games

Avg: 21.8 games

2013- : Darren Minchington - 23 games

Hope it's not a curse! Needs a change of luck that guernsey...

Something like Brian Gleeson - (70 games); 1957 Brownlow, 1957 B&F, 4-time state representative - will do.

Last edited:
Nah I rekon Meatball is #41 for life now. If he can start finding the pill at AFL level itll help. Needs more time in the guts!

Nah I rekon Meatball is #41 for life now. If he can start finding the pill at AFL level itll help. Needs more time in the guts!
Totally. I think if you created a reel of all our clearances this year, a few of his would be up in the top 10. They just made me go, "Ooh...".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back