The obscure XI's you've always wanted to make but never found the appropriate place thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Later two are legendary captains cook is not
Armstrong demolished a side decimated by war, and was a bit of a knob.

Jardine, well the less said, the better.

Cook is one of the most successful England captains ever. Sure, he looks and acts so boring that even accountants would shun him, but his record can't really be questioned.

Armstrong demolished a side decimated by war, and was a bit of a knob.

Jardine, well the less said, the better.

Cook is one of the most successful England captains ever. Sure, he looks and acts so boring that even accountants would shun him, but his record can't really be questioned.

Jardine slowed Bradman & wasn't afraid to employ unpopular tactics to do so.
Armstrong has best win % of any captain.

Cook captained a lot of matches but lost almost as many as he won.

I spent a fair while putting that XI together, all my effort and thought went into that.

I don't really care who the captain is. It seems like an unnecessary point of discussion. The theme is the important thing to me.

I spent a fair while putting that XI together, all my effort and thought went into that.

I don't really care who the captain is. It seems like an unnecessary point of discussion. The theme is the important thing to me.

Well this is a cricket forum & I have more interest in the matter of who would captain. Don't care all that much about popular musicians from bygone era

Well this is a cricket forum & I have more interest in the matter of who would captain. Don't care all that much about popular musicians from bygone era
It's a made up team that will never play a game, so it doesn't actually matter.

But if you insist, Cook should be captain because he's the only one of the three who is not dead.

The Keith XI:
Keith Rigg
Keith Fletcher
Keith Thomson
Keith Andrew
Headley Keith (C)
Keith Arthurton
Keith Miller
Keith Stackpole
Keith Dabengwa
Keith Slater
Keith Boyce

Shane Warne and Dennis Lillee wondering how much more they have to do to get in that team!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My favourite players into something that resembles a team (probably really showing my age)

1. W.Pucovski
2. M.Hayden
3. M.Labuschagne
4. M.Hussey
5. G.Maxwell
6. A.Gilchrist
7. J.Pattinson
8. P.Cummins
9. M.Johnson
10. B.Lee
11. R.Harris

The sh*t bloke's XI

Salman Butt
David Warner
Don Bradman
Greg Chappel
Javed Miandad
Hansie Cronje
Steve Smith
Tim Zoehrer
Stuart Broad
Ravichandran Ashwin
Sreesanth

It's batsman heavy and there are a few more that could have been added in.
Warne and Harbhajan are well ahead of Ashwin in this XI. Would also replace Steve Smith with Michael Clarke as well.

Am curious as to why Zoehrer is in this team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warne and Harbhajan are well ahead of Ashwin in this XI. Would also replace Steve Smith with Michael Clarke as well.

Am curious as to why Zoehrer is in this team?

Zoehrer allegedly was a kleptomaniac who used to raid his teammates goods.

Great call on Harbhajan.

Steve Smith stays...sandpapergate and he was captain. Enough said. Clarke can carry the drinks.

Zoehrer allegedly was a kleptomaniac who used to raid his teammates goods.

Great call on Harbhajan.

Steve Smith stays...sandpapergate and he was captain. Enough said. Clarke can carry the drinks.
Smith is only guilty of being too soft and not doing enough to stop it from happening. Would have Atherton ahead of him, who was found guilty of doing something similar with the ball himself whilst captain. Likewise with Faf du Plessis and lollygate in Hobart.

Wasn't aware of this of Zoehrer. If so, worthy inclusion.

Another spin option could be Pat Symcox.

Smith is only guilty of being too soft and not doing enough to stop it from happening. Would have Atherton ahead of him, who was found guilty of doing something similar with the ball himself whilst captain. Likewise with Faf du Plessis and lollygate in Hobart.

Wasn't aware of this of Zoehrer. If so, worthy inclusion.

Another spin option could be Pat Symcox.
Don't forget Zippergate too.

What was zippergate?

Faf scratched the ball on the zipper of his trousers. Pleaded guilty but said he didn't mean to do it. It was one of only two test wins South Africa have had in Asia in the last 10 years. The other (Galle 2014) they did this:

They haven't won a test in Asia in which they didn't ball tamper since 2010.

The sh*t bloke's XI

Salman Butt
David Warner
Don Bradman
Greg Chappel
Javed Miandad
Hansie Cronje
Steve Smith
Tim Zoehrer
Stuart Broad
Ravichandran Ashwin
Sreesanth

It's batsman heavy and there are a few more that could have been added in.
Hird and Apartheid apologist, three Test veteran Bruce Frances showing some form.

A certain former opening batsman with a thick Yorkshire accent would not be out of place in this side.

Matchfixers XI?

Lou Vincent
Alviro Petersen
Herschelle Gibbs
Saleem Malik
Hansie Cronje (C)
Shakib Al Hasan
Umar Akmal (WK)
M. Amir
Danish Kaneria
M. Asif
Sreesanth

It's actually not the worst, particularly when allowed to cheat

My favourite players into something that resembles a team (probably really showing my age)

1. W.Pucovski
2. M.Hayden
3. M.Labuschagne
4. M.Hussey
5. G.Maxwell
6. A.Gilchrist
7. J.Pattinson
8. P.Cummins
9. M.Johnson
10. B.Lee
11. R.Harris
James Pattinson? :think: