The off topic thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Means you can also go for Internode / TPG. I believe they all do ADSL 2+ for $69.99 with unlimited data.

Do you reckon forking out a bit more up front and going month-to-month might be the way to go or do you reckon Internode would give a good service. Always hard to judge reading reviews where some think it's amazing and some think it's terrible.

Do you reckon forking out a bit more up front and going month-to-month might be the way to go or do you reckon Internode would give a good service. Always hard to judge reading reviews where some think it's amazing and some think it's terrible.

I'm happy with Internode. Believe elhadjihenry is too. No contracts.

I'm happy with Internode. Believe elhadjihenry is too. No contracts.

That sounds good then. Sorry for so many questions, it seems like something that everyone has different experiences with and I don't want to mis-step.

EDIT: They seem to have 24-month contracts on their site? Or do you mean their month-to-month plans are just as affordable?

That sounds good then. Sorry for so many questions, it seems like something that everyone has different experiences with and I don't want to mis-step.

No dramas. There will be people who've had issues with every ISP includinhg Internode no doubt but generally Internode seems to review well. You should get decent speeds being 900m from the exchange.

You can do no contract with Internode although there's a min cost of $199 I believe (means if you churn away from them or cancel with them in the first month after getting setup you have to pay $199). Pretty reasonable IMO. Of couse you'll get a better deal if signing up for 24 months but probably not suitable with you renting.

EDIT: They seem to have 24-month contracts on their site? Or do you mean their month-to-month plans are just as affordable?
Yep I'm on a 24 month contract with them because I knew I wasn't going anywhere for that time and it meant I got a better value plan, a free modem and saved money on installation etc. The monthly contract just costs you an upfront fee I think.

Whenever I've needed assistance their helplines have been pretty good too, don't seem to outsource it to India like a lot of other ISPs do (although that may change now they've been aquired by TPG).

Thanks guys. :) Might try and go with them.

Good luck. I have a nodephone with them also which is pretty handy for calling overseas @3 cents / minute to UK / France. Costs an extra $5 monthly which gets you $10 worth of credit & 18 cent flat rate landline calls in Australia. You need a VOIP modem though.

Fryer Tuck great write up! Out of curiosity how long does it take to finish a season? Guessing a lot less than an fm season
Cheers for that!

That's the thing, you can actually choose how long they can be; Short (12-20 laps), Medium (30-40 laps), and long (60+ laps). The best bit? You can dictate the length of the races, so you're not forever locked at the initially selected length. The average short session takes about 10 minutes for the race. I also think that Short is the best option if you're managing a tailend team. Longer allows to fully see your strategy come to life.

For Tier 3, there's only a practice session, and I highly recommend that you run the session. Not for the times, but for the setup, which will heavily improve your results. Practice sessions take up about 5 minutes. For Tier 2 and above, I can't comment on qualifying yet, but I think qualifying rules will also depend how voting goes. I'm not sure what the current format for qualifying is since I've just got promoted to Tier 2.

It took me 3 days to get to my third season (2 seasons of 10 races each with Short sessions), and that was only after work. Of course, let's not forget that the number of races in a season can vary as well. So, I guess if you had a complete binge session on the shortest difficulties, I wouldn't put it past anyone to do multiple seasons (without restarting). It also helps that you can save during the middle of a race if you need to leave for any reason, meaning longer sessions are playable even if you're a little time stretched.

Hope that helps.

Stick with it mate, the first half of season one is like a teen drama, a poorly written one at that. But then it just seems to get better and better and by the end of season two it get pretty heavy with some dark themes. Tough questions get asked.

It's turn around from it's beginnings is actually extraordinary.

Kinda reminds me of RWBY in a way. Starts off as your 'typical' anime, but with great action scenes at first, but later on with longer runtimes and increased budgets and writing improvements, it gets dark with some interesting questions asked.

Got to like it when a show starts to get into its rhythm after a bit of a slow start.

Good work :)

How long until it's setup? If the previous tenant had ADSL 2+ it shouldn't take too long. And your Fetch mini will work fine!!

What plan did you go with?

250GB for now, we'll see how we go with that. Sounds like a similar timeframe to Belong, so should get the modem on Monday and then another week or two after that for installation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard something on the radio talking about European elections coming up. Austria, Holland & Italy all a chance to have some boil overs with potential leave EU votes coming from them too
Unfortunately, the far right are growing stronger by the day in Europe and will likely win in all 3 countries.

Exactly how I described it to him.

I looked it up, and Ep 3 is the first time it gets pretty decent

That's when Wells gets his throat slit by the girl

So I said to him to try and get to the end of that ep and re-assess if he wants to push through.
Yeah that was a shocking moment. Started to turn after that.

******* millenials
Not sure if serious but millennials not old enough to vote are they.

The young are usually more left wing by nature anyway. Happened with all generations since the 1960's. what's the saying if you are under 30 and aren't a liberal then you don't have a heart, if you are over 40 and not a conservatist then you don't have a brain

Not sure if serious but millennials not old enough to vote are they.

The young are usually more left wing by nature anyway. Happened with all generations since the 1960's. what's the saying if you are under 30 and aren't a liberal then you don't have a heart, if you are over 40 and not a conservatist then you don't have a brain

Milennials aren't just people born since 2000.

I'm a gen x'er and thought we were up to gen z now - aka "millennials". Anyway point is it's not the youngest voters who are responsible for Brexit/Trump and the probable looming victories for the right in continental Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back