The off topic thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
jd2010 Fryer Tuck

I've got Motorsport Manager as well!

And like FT, I also followed my Paul Stoddart Aussie roots and became manager of mighty Predator Racing! The good thing with starting with such a rubbish car, facilities etc is expectations are very low (minimal even).

We came last in our first season...but by chance, somehow won the constructors championship in the second season on the final race. Also had one of my drivers finish runner up and the other third in the drivers championship.

That being said, I think I made a mistake in accepting promotion to tier 2...I went all out on the new season's car and started off about 4m in the red. Not to mention our car is a backmarker, there are no points for finishing outside the top 6 and we are actually LOSING money every race. I'm expecting to be in some grief with the chairman haha. I upgraded my factory and design center and that set me back a pretty penny to say the least.

Didn't know about the lesbian/romance between drivers! I had one who loves the night lift (clubbing and gambling). Another who got involved in some underground race club in Japan and my old driver who I terminated because he was a hack had just started acting lol (maybe Sylvester Stallone will tap him on the shoulder for Driven 2? :$).

Oh and the developer of the game is actually a driver you can sign for your team - don't do it though, he's terrible from what I heard.

But jd, Fryer summed it up really well. I'd recommend grabbing it. It's not too expensive and the sales might help ensure it becomes a long running series like FM with natural improvements and enhancements in time. Great game for it's price IMO.

I was a bit hesitant at grabbing it initially so I watched a few vids on youtube - this guy aarava has a great mini series where he covers each race, challenge bit of drama etc that is all part of the game.

I think Milennials are born after '85 or something.

That rules me out then. I guess I'm Gen X.

“Coming up this hour on the Impulse Buying Network, your chance to own a piece of Itchy & Scratchy, the toon-town-twosome beloved by everyone, even cynical members of Generation X.” – Troy McClure

RaAhBBk4TiliywrlxXmGbPmLo1_1280.png

"Pfft. Yeah, groovy."

“Coming up this hour on the Impulse Buying Network, your chance to own a piece of Itchy & Scratchy, the toon-town-twosome beloved by everyone, even cynical members of Generation X.” – Troy McClure

"Pfft. Yeah, groovy."
The volume of Simpsons references does disturb me.

1982 onwards. The finished school/turned 18 (ie: adults) in/after 2000 hence the name.
1982. You fossil. I henceforth dub thee Hector. I shall call you Hector from now on.

"Pfft. Yeah, groovy."
You're a milennial at heart, glen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let us know how your Perth Glory league season goes on it.
My housemate and I started a Glory season but we put ourselves into League two. We also made both of us and play on legendary.

We had two epic FA Cup moments. The first was the semi final against Boro. They were winning 2-1 and it was the 90th minute. I made some subs and tactical changes when my house mate said no point doing it. It's too late. We get a throw in outside our box. We throw it in and I managed to find some space and hit a pass to my housemates player who rocketed it into the top corner of the goal from outside the box sending it into OT. We then managed to win a penalty in the 115th minute to go to the final.

In the Final, we had to play Man City. We were down 2-0 at half time. The second half we attacked with more vigour and got our reward with a simple tap in. We struggled to find a second until the 90th minute when Kompany made the clumsiest of tackles just inside the box. We dispatched it and sent it through to OT again. In the 112th minute, Dwight Gayle, our big signing, made a scintillating run into the box evading tackle after tackle and placed it into the back of the net to secure an improbably win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back