The off topic thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh...I can't be the only one sick to death of reading Trump ridicule, surely? I'm not a supporter by any means but I find the anti Trump movement to be super cringe worthy at this stage tbh, especially when celebs weigh in for guaranteed laughs and a bit of positive publicity.
So much this. Same with when i hear people talking about politics all of a sudden when the group of them would be lucky to share 1 brain cell. Feel like a lot of celebs are like that too

Meryl Streep soap box infront of entitled Hollywood elites pretending to be outsiders was cringe worthy to say the least.

Yep. Hollywood identities taking a moral stand against him for all the controversial s**t he says is hilarious when you consider how they continually turn a blind eye to abusers and perpetrators of domestic violence within their own community. There would have been people in that room clapping along to her speech who are guilty of far worse rimes than merely saying nasty things.

I did like Mark Hamill's way of getting involved though, this was great.

http://nerdist.com/mark-hamill-reprises-his-role-as-the-joker-to-read-a-donald-trump-tweet/

That one at least actually involves Hamill showcasing his talent and coming up with an original idea. My gripe with the anti Trump stuff is that it reaches a stage where you just have to drop his name in a negative context and people will lap it up. Kind of like any joke about Bieber/Nickleback/One Direction ever.

So much this. Same with when i hear people talking about politics all of a sudden when the group of them would be lucky to share 1 brain cell. Feel like a lot of celebs are like that too

Like this?

3C019D0E00000578-4103528-Nick_Kyrgios_pictured_wore_a_F_k_Donald_Trump_t_shirt-m-15_1484004506623.jpg

Ah yes, I really liked that too, especially the 'Martial Arts Hero,' that got a hearty laugh for sure. You're darn right about the movie nailing everything down!

Royal Tramp as well? I'll defiantly give that one a shot after Chinese Odyssey. Cheers for the recommendations! How about Flirting Scholar? his first directing attempt. Any good?

Yeah, it looks very solid, especially from the ones I'm saying. It's just a pity that he's not acting any more, I think his last one was CK7 in the modern age (and that one didn't go so well) and then he's been directing ever since.

Yeah, that's true. Certainly felt it in the films I've seen. Then again, Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hussle did show he was capable of more. I think King of Comedy was also decent as well?

Flriting Scholar's another one that slipped my mind but that was also a classic

I think he puts too much pressure on himself when he acts, people hate working under him though coz he has a crazy temper

Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hussle were more straight up ridiculous absurd comedy rather than combining more cerebral stuff like his early 90s work I'd say, but it's still funny

This is virtually taken from the doorway. From the end of the kitchen bench to balcony door/window is 5m - we're definitely going to get a TV cabinet, but we're not sure what else to put on that wall for the minute.

The opposite wall is where our couch will be with the a chaise (the chaise being on the kitchen end)

15942122_10155029330375992_1627879659_n.jpg

Fridge will go in the left, middle part is the pantry, and the gap on the right (original fridge cavity), we will put shelves in there for the toaster, blender, kettle etc.

15978860_10155029330340992_1009111334_n.jpg

And the flooring isn't blue ;)

15978362_10155029330410992_1549360584_n.jpg

Yep. Hollywood identities taking a moral stand against him for all the controversial s**t he says is hilarious when you consider how they continually turn a blind eye to abusers and perpetrators of domestic violence within their own community. There would have been people in that room clapping along to her speech who are guilty of far worse rimes than merely saying nasty things.

Trump is also guilty of far worse....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are two or three data points so I don't know why we wouldn't be able to get ADSL2+.

Doubt we would need naked wifi, particularly with the data points.

Naked broadband is merely having an internet connection without also having a phone line, which in this day and age I think is a waste.

Well there are data points so I assume we should be able to run ADSL?

Outside, yeah.

Yep, so you could get naked broadband which would mean you don't have to pay for the phone line as well.

Started watching The Crown since it won the best drama Golden Globe. 3 episodes in, it's alright but I'm still not as interested as Stranger Things or Westworld made me.

I also started watching Atlanta finally, it's pretty good but not particularly comedy-y.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back