The off topic thread 3.0

What would you like the thread titled?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No I haven’t yet - have heard that’s pretty good though.

Where was Green Lantern in this one?

Wonder Woman remains the best of these films. Highly recommended.

The Lanterns appeared briefly during the flashback Steppenwolf battle. They have their own upcoming film and will likely be in the JL sequel too.

Wonder Woman remains the best of these films. Highly recommended.

The Lanterns appeared briefly during the flashback Steppenwolf battle. They have their own upcoming film and will likely be in the JL sequel too.
Will definitely have to check it out then!

My favourite bit in the movie was Aquaman sitting on the lasso of truth hahaha. Had a pretty good laugh at that. The humour throughout was pretty great actually.

Interesting to hear about the Lanterns. I noticed him in the flashback but was then a bit surprised to not see him in the present.

Apart from that, absolutely loved Cavill again. I’ve never cared for Superman before seeing him in it - he’s absolutely fantastic. First time I’ve enjoyed seeing Affleck as the bat as well.

Jason Mamoa was absolutely superb though. Outside of Hugh Jackman and Wolverine, not sure I’ve come across an actor who I thought was more perfectly suited for a role. He actually made Aqua Man cool! Didn’t think that was possible!

Sorry for the rambling, if you get through that you deserve a reward haha.

As an aside, are the Justice League comics good? ComiXology just sent me an email saying they were 80% off at the moment. Tempted although wouldn’t know where to start haha.

My favourite bit in the movie was Aquaman sitting on the lasso of truth hahaha. Had a pretty good laugh at that. The humour throughout was pretty great actually.

Interesting to hear about the Lanterns. I noticed him in the flashback but was then a bit surprised to not see him in the present.

Apart from that, absolutely loved Cavill again. I’ve never cared for Superman before seeing him in it - he’s absolutely fantastic. First time I’ve enjoyed seeing Affleck as the bat as well.

Jason Mamoa was absolutely superb though. Outside of Hugh Jackman and Wolverine, not sure I’ve come across an actor who I thought was more perfectly suited for a role. He actually made Aqua Man cool! Didn’t think that was possible!

As an aside, are the Justice League comics good? ComiXology just sent me an email saying they were 80% off at the moment. Tempted although wouldn’t know where to start haha.

What rambling? When it comes to comic book stuff, there's no such thing for me :D

The casting for Momoa has been spot on, the character is much derided otherwise. Making him into a tattooed badass was great, especially for the general audience.

Excited to see his solo film. But that's still 13 months away unfortunately. Just the brief glimpses of Atlantis in this movie had me giddy.

There's some fantastic villains he'll come up against in his movie, Black Manta (very popular DC villain despite the general piss taking of Aquaman). And of course his half brother, Ocean Master.

There's going to be some epic underwater battle scenes between their two armies which will be brilliant. These armies still have 'cavalry', but instead of riding horses, they'll be riding sharks :D

The lassoo scene was very funny. He was just saying what we're all thinking about Diana haha. Cavill has always been good as Superman but am very glad they finally decided to do away with his brooding/scowl look and allowed him to be hopeful and charming. That's the character.

The Green Lantern Corp is slated for release in 2020 I believe. Sounds ages away but will definitely expect them as part of the line up in the JL sequel.

Seeing them in the combined army of humans, Atlanteans, Amazons and Lanterns against Steppenwolf was fantastic. Albeit too brief, would've loved to see more of that battle. A real LOTR vibe from it.

As for the comics sale, this is an interesting list I came across a few days ago. Might be worthwhile to peruse the synopsis here and decide if you're interested before buying (the website name always gets me haha).

https://nerdist.com/the-11-best-justice-league-storylines-of-all-time/

For me though, I wouldn't suggest getting more than 2-3 at most. If 'Rock of Ages' and/or 'Tower of Babel' are available on that sale, I would strongly recommend them. They're the pick of the list imo.

Also, watch Wonder Woman when you can. It's on a different level to Justice League.

Took a sickie today to meet with a recruiter. She asked to reschedule due to a "family emergency". Don't know how serious it was considering she was still in the office an hour after she told me she had to go and could do the interview quickly if I was in the city.

So annoyed. If I used annual I'd be more pissed, but I think might just ash my hands of them and be done with it.

Took a sickie today to meet with a recruiter. She asked to reschedule due to a "family emergency". Don't know how serious it was considering she was still in the office an hour after she told me she had to go and could do the interview quickly if I was in the city.

So annoyed. If I used annual I'd be more pissed, but I think might just ash my hands of them and be done with it.

No biggy? Just means you get a day off. Brave to use it on a Monday though, don't you normally have to give evidence when chucking a sickie on a Monday/Friday?

No biggy? Just means you get a day off. Brave to use it on a Monday though, don't you normally have to give evidence when chucking a sickie on a Monday/Friday?
I don't have to give evidence for any of my sick days. Plus my manager does not care

Yeah I know. Been to the gym and cleaned up at home, just relaxing now.

Nah, we need a medical for 2 days or more, or if it's on the back of a long weekend etc.

I don't have to give evidence for any of my sick days. Plus my manager does not care

I don't Tuesday-Thursday but always thought people had to for other days. We're meant to, but like with you if it's a manager who doesn't mind then it's all good. Barely ever take a sick day anyway, just 'work from home'. Spend morning getting stuff done and answering emails then just chill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s absurdly easy to get a medical certificate anyway. Go in and say you’ve got a migraine, 2 days off. Silly really.

Oh sure, I can just never be bothered with the effort, never take sick days Monday/Friday if I can help it.

As a general rule, DC comics are darker but better written than Marvel comics. DC know what character development is. JL is no exception to that rule.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If anything slightly under, I think you get ten a year.
For most full time positions in Australia, it's 10 days, either allocated for salaried positions, or accrued for wages positions.

The requirement for medical certificates on a Monday/Friday or day after/before a long weekend is mostly up the employer these days. It used to be award specific.

I haven’t used a sick day in 3 years, while one of the young apprentices has used about 15 in his 2 1/2 years working with us.
We have nearly 50 staff. Some people get sick at the drop of a hat. Some don't. Some have kids. Some don't. Some don't mind seeing sick leave as another form of annual leave. Some don't.

I've long since given up to trying to change people's behaviour when it comes to sick leave, and just plan around it. I know who will be sick, and when. I just plan around it.

You will also get people who are clearly sick coming to work to get stuff done or in some cases too stubborn/ too tough to take a sick day. Those people need to stay home, I️ don’t need to get sick because you don’t want to stay home

You will also get people who are clearly sick coming to work to get stuff done or in some cases too stubborn/ too tough to take a sick day. Those people need to stay home, I️ don’t need to get sick because you don’t want to stay home
Yep, during our busy season I got seriously ill but felt obligated to still come in, but they sent me home with stuff to work on at home. Think I was in bed most of the Monday arvo with a fever but got stuff done Tuesday and Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back