The off topic thread 3.0

What would you like the thread titled?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I am 34, so I don’t see any shame in hanging out with either of my parents. Maybe when I was 16.

Not sure what response you were looking for lol.
I like my parents but I couldn't stand traveling with them.

Just thought you might go with your family or something,

I like my parents but I couldn't stand traveling with them.

Just thought you might go with your family or something,

Oh, you thought I was married or had a girlfriend? No, mate.

My mum and I have always had a close relationship and have talked about going to America since I was in my early 20s as something we should do in the future. The chance to actually do it has come up now. And in truth, I exaggerated when I said I’d see no shame in travelling with my parents. Well, one of them, I would probably strangle my Dad if I travelled with him. :p

I find them extremely unfunny. Like have to get out of the room or change the channel if they are on
Sorry to hear about that. That's the first time I've heard sort of reaction, mind. Anything about them rubs tou the wrong way?

Why is it you're traveling with your mum?

McCartney lol, not McCarthy.

I like Lano and Woodley, very funny.

Never seen a live performance before?! How old are you FT?
Sorry, on the mobile here, and am not exactly the best with the keypad.

I'm the same age as SM and Jatz. I should clarify that I've never seen Lano and Woodley live together. The last time they were together was 2006! (I did see The Island on Youtube, but that doesn't count!)

That said, aside from games... now that I think about it... 2015 was the last time I physically went to a venue to see something live (World Cup 2015 final from the 2nd tier).

Last performance that isn't a sporting event? Umm... gee... I was meant to go to the AR Rahman this year, but I ended up giving up the ticket. Was meant to go to Fawlty Towers last year... gave that up too...

Umm... I've bought concert tickets for family... in recent times.

I'm going to say... either the Wiggles or Peter Coombe like 20 years ago? I really can't think of an event I went to live that wasn't a sporting event, and even that was a couple of years ago. I'm just a guy that digs the music rather than a specfic artist, so I guess that makes it a bit harder.

I was meant to be doing something this Friday (not a live performance, per say)... but you've guessed it, I find myself unable to go.

Mad Men. Should I give it a run all these years later? And how many episodes until I should be hooked. I remember giving t a go years ago but it never really got me wanting to watch whole seasons

Mad Men. Should I give it a run all these years later? And how many episodes until I should be hooked. I remember giving t a go years ago but it never really got me wanting to watch whole seasons

Meh, I hated it and that was after a full season.

Meh, I hated it and that was after a full season.
I was similar to SM. I found it very slow and it was a bit of a drag to watch. Watched a whole season and wasn't hanging out to watch the second.

I think it's brilliantly written. I've watched it through.

I feel like the storylines go around in circles sometimes. Others love it.

I think it's brilliantly written. I've watched it through.

I feel like the storylines go around in circles sometimes. Others love it.

That seems a bit contradictory. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long until I should know if I'll like it?

That can vary a bit. Breaking Bad I somehow didn't watch episode 2 the first time I ever gave it a go. No idea how I didn't rate it!

I'm very hard to please when it comes to cinema/television; my list of shows I've watched right through doesn't reach double figures. Mad Men was terrific. Well-constructed characters and development thereof, with excellent writing overall underpinned by important themes and recurrent symbolic moments. If you've the time jd, I highly recommend you get through the first two seasons before deciding whether to continue.

Heard great things about the West Wing. Not in a rush to watch it, though - partly due to my criticism of House of Cards, which in my opinion is nothing more than a well-polished soap opera with seriously unlikeable characters.

Both cracking TV shows.

Sopranos won't ever be on there (due to being HBO). West Wing is on the American Netflix so there might be hope for that one.

Why won't HBO be on Netflix?

Heard great things about the West Wing. Not in a rush to watch it, though - partly due to my criticism of House of Cards, which in my opinion is nothing more than a well-polished soap opera with seriously unlikeable characters.

The characters in West Wing are absolutely likeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back