The off topic thread 3.0

What would you like the thread titled?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live and Let Die was one of the best songs I've seen live. Phenomenal.

That five pack from Band on the Run through to Hey Jude was the highlight of the show for me. Loved Hard Day's Night, Can't Buy Me Love, Blackbird, Four Five Seconds, Love Me Do, All My Lovin. Just brilliant. So glad I went.
Far out mate if you love fire works this much NYE is gonna blow your mind.

Far out mate if you love fire works this much NYE is gonna blow your mind.
NYE fireworks annoy me, particularly because the taxpayer pays for them when, in my opinion, the money could be better spent elsewhere.

And for the record, the fire was better than the fireworks in Live and Let Die IMO.

NYE fireworks annoy me, particularly because the taxpayer pays for them when, in my opinion, the money could be better spent elsewhere.

And for the record, the fire was better than the fireworks in Live and Let Die IMO.
What about the music? That was pretty good too. ;)

Isn't it paid for by the council?

So really it's rate payers and people who get parking fines that pay for them
I could be wrong, but pretty sure it's the tax payer.

What about the music? That was pretty good too. ;)
Hahaha oh of course. One of the best songs I've seen live.

What else are they going to use the money on?

Parks are clean. Street lights work. Don't think they do much else

There's always programs they could better spend the money on than a silly light show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roads, footpaths, carparks. More parks. $6m could do heaps.
True. How much extra business does it create though.
You'd think there'd be a large spike in alcohol sales for a start, all of which helps local businesses as well as provide excise income.

Darn UK and their Xmas ads... it drives me to drink... Irn Bru. It's not bad actually, I can see why the Scots like it so much.

Also saw an awesome Xmas lights show yesterday. Tons of people there to see a whole court being lit up. It was freakin' amazing. To think I thought putting up the lights was a dying art. What I saw last night was amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back