The off topic thread 3.0

What would you like the thread titled?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it's a bit disappointing the awards ended with a whimper. It's not often that we get to celebrate things on the Soccer Board like other boards. Heck, we didn't even have proper badges. I mean, yeah, I suppose Soza's gonna get two badges once the season ends, but... not even Soccer's best poster?

I even made a little artistically challenged badge for Chef's win (which I think makes it a hattrick, if I'm not mistaken), something every board deserves at the very least.

Bit of a shame that we can't at least announce that! (Or if the mods could take over).
I'm more than happy to start a separate thread to announce the winners. I won't be as witty as Soza but I'll give it a try.

You know, it's a bit disappointing the awards ended with a whimper. It's not often that we get to celebrate things on the Soccer Board like other boards. Heck, we didn't even have proper badges. I mean, yeah, I suppose Soza's gonna get two badges once the season ends, but... not even Soccer's best poster?

I even made a little artistically challenged badge for Chef's win (which I think makes it a hattrick, if I'm not mistaken), something every board deserves at the very least.

Bit of a shame that we can't at least announce that! (Or if the mods could take over).
Doctor Gero

I've just started watching Seinfeld, up to season 2.

Finished Friends over the holidays. Enjoyed it but didn't love it.

How were you a kid of the 90s but never watched Friends properly? :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess my parents didn't watch it. Wasn't anything we grew up on.

Had some good laughing moments but I'm more partial to HIMYM.

HIMYM was great but riffed so much on Friends that it's hard not to prefer Friends.

I'm currently working through Frasier, then my 90s sitcoms are pretty much complete.

How are you finding it? Starts a little slow but you’re in for at least 8 seasons of pure gold!!!
Yeah feel like it's a bit slow at the moment. It's weird, I'm finding it hard to binge. The eps feel longer than they actually are.

I know there's plenty of laughs to come though so I'm working through ok.

Ha, Jerry Seinfeld says the same about Friends with Seinfeld.

Hm i don't see it. Friends is largely driven by the relationship dramas and the offshoots of that - which is where the riffs with HIMYM came from. Seinfeld is another beast where there is barely any relationship drama in the core characters. Seinfeld is definitely the genesis of the 'group-dynamic' sitcom though.

I’ve watched 1 ep of Jerry before Seinfeld on Netflix, actually quite amazing how he started, pretty sure he did demolition as work for $50 a day and bought lunch and sat in the same place every day dreaming about being a comedian, caught a break at that comic strip and now is the richest comedian in the world.

I don’t mind HIMYM but I prefer Friends over it, however I have Two and a half men ahead of both, that show when in its prime was gold!!

Two and a Half Men was great as a mindless comedy to watch, but definitely can't say it's up there with those shows, I always prefer my shows with a good bit of plot in them.

How were you a kid of the 90s but never watched Friends properly? :eek:
Hey! We all have a-hole parents in some way, mine (glenferry23 may be shocked) wouldn't allow the simpsons, that's the peak years too :(
I'm currently working through Frasier, then my 90s sitcoms are pretty much complete.
Quality show. Probably should re-watch Cheers at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back