The off topic thread 3.0

What would you like the thread titled?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy oh boy did I get one over Optus.

Last year me and the mrs joined our phone plans to one account at Optus (data sharing etc) when my previous plan expired. When we found out she was getting a work phone, we made inquiries about how much it would cost to pay out ($550 approx). In March of this year she was given a work phone, so, naturally, she ported her number from Optus to Telstra (work phone) - though not until April. We held off so we wouldn't have as much to pay out. Anyway, when we checked our bill for April there were no extra fees for termination. I thought this was odd so I made some inquiries. I jumped on Optus chat and eventually got to someone who could actually help me

Optus: Thank you for confirming! I see that for the service 04XXXXXXXX contract ended on 18 Apr
Me: yes, correct
Optus: Since contract has ended, there won't be any cancellation or payout fees
Me: OK, so bill will just be $XXX/month? with no fees associated with previous number?
Optus: Yes, that is correct

Now, this part of the conversation I had with Optus proved to be an incredibly powerful tool for me.

Anyway, as you can see contract was terminated on April 18th, May rolls along and we have not received any bill regarding termination fees. We figure they've either messed up really bad or forgotten etc, or it was true, no termination fee would apply. I always said if we got an invoice I would fight it based on what was said to me above. It was not until yesterday morning we received an email saying we owed $466 ($160 credited), so $306 due to termination.

Given the information I had in writing, I knew I stood a very good chance of coming out on top, so off I go logging on to Optus chat last night around 7.45pm. I explain the issue, I get transferred from one person to another. I don't rage much at the guy who is attempting to assist me. Until he tells me it must be paid. I paste the conversation above, and say I will not be paying, credit my account and wipe the owing fee on my fiance's account. The fella says it's been a mistake blah blah, I have to pay, I said, no, it's in writing, I'm not paying. Anyway, he basically says again sorry that you've misunderstood but you need to pay AND TERMINATES THE CHAT. THE ******* arsehole. At this point I have begun to rage.

So I log on again. It takes me 15 minutes to speak with someone who can actually help me - the fifth person I spoke to last night. We go back and forth a bit regarding the issue and I slowly start to lose my s**t. I was writing in caps saying how ridiculous it was and that it said in writing there will be no fees applicable. He goes on to say: I understand your concern but logically if you End your contract before its maturity there will be your device repayment charges always. (I agree with this 100% ftr).

Me: You will see i have in writing from an agent of yours that no fees will apply
Me: the $XXX should be credited to my fiance's account XXX XXX XXX
Me: and I will request you get this fixed immediately. I am incredibly pissed off at the incompetence displayed by your company
Optus: I see that the last agent has clearly mentioned about the contract cancellation charges and informed you about the bill details.

So, naturally, I retort with;

Optus: Thank you for confirming! I see that for the service 04XXXXXXXX contract ended on 18 Apr
Me: OK, so bill will just be $XXX/month? with no fees associated with previous number?

I say, it's in writing, this can't be disputed, I turn up the rage levels and call Optus incompetent and say they lack any accountability, and that it says in writing no fees are owed. I say the agent misinformed me, this is no fault of mine, credit me now.

His response: I understand your concern that wrong information has been provided to you, however there will always be a contract cancellation fee If you End your contract before Its maturity.

Me: well Optus can pay for it out of their own pocket
Optus: Hence, I assure you that waiving it off completely
Me: and again, get the $XXX credited to my fiance's acocampaigner
Optus: will not be possible.
Me: put me through to your manager right now
Optus: I surely can get this transferred to my manager, but this again would be something that is not possible
Me: Optus has made the error, not me

After 45 minutes - success! The $466 owing is waived, and the $160 will be credited to me.

I am now going to end up about $1000 up after all this. My mrs old phone is on eBay (will get at least $400 for it), we don't need to pay the $466, and I have $160 credited to my account. ******* winning.

TL;DR - I got the better of Optus and will come up about $1000 up thanks to their error.

What did jd2010 cop a red for? Last person I'd expect to cop a red!! Bet he was baiting Bombers fans over on the main board!
Misread a thread title on the bombers board and made comments about whatever it takes, drugs and the Easter bunny

Not sure if this is an unpopular view or not but I couldn’t give a s**t about the Royal wedding and everything to do with them, don’t get the fascination.

Two weddings in a row have been on during a Swans game and I couldn't be happier.

Not sure if this is an unpopular view or not but I couldn’t give a s**t about the Royal wedding and everything to do with them, don’t get the fascination.
I really don't get how the royal family and that whole concept that they rule the U.K. And the commonwealth still exists

why we aren’t a republic yet still boggles my mind

Last year me and the mrs joined our phone plans to one account at Optus (data sharing etc) when my previous plan expired. When we found out she was getting a work phone, we made inquiries about how much it would cost to pay out ($550 approx). In March of this year she was given a work phone, so, naturally, she ported her number from Optus to Telstra (work phone) - though not until April. We held off so we wouldn't have as much to pay out. Anyway, when we checked our bill for April there were no extra fees for termination. I thought this was odd so I made some inquiries. I jumped on Optus chat and eventually got to someone who could actually help me

Now, this part of the conversation I had with Optus proved to be an incredibly powerful tool for me.

Anyway, as you can see contract was terminated on April 18th, May rolls along and we have not received any bill regarding termination fees. We figure they've either messed up really bad or forgotten etc, or it was true, no termination fee would apply. I always said if we got an invoice I would fight it based on what was said to me above. It was not until yesterday morning we received an email saying we owed $466 ($160 credited), so $306 due to termination.

Given the information I had in writing, I knew I stood a very good chance of coming out on top, so off I go logging on to Optus chat last night around 7.45pm. I explain the issue, I get transferred from one person to another. I don't rage much at the guy who is attempting to assist me. Until he tells me it must be paid. I paste the conversation above, and say I will not be paying, credit my account and wipe the owing fee on my fiance's account. The fella says it's been a mistake blah blah, I have to pay, I said, no, it's in writing, I'm not paying. Anyway, he basically says again sorry that you've misunderstood but you need to pay AND TERMINATES THE CHAT. THE ******* arsehole. At this point I have begun to rage.

So I log on again. It takes me 15 minutes to speak with someone who can actually help me - the fifth person I spoke to last night. We go back and forth a bit regarding the issue and I slowly start to lose my s**t. I was writing in caps saying how ridiculous it was and that it said in writing there will be no fees applicable. He goes on to say: I understand your concern but logically if you End your contract before its maturity there will be your device repayment charges always. (I agree with this 100% ftr).

Me: You will see i have in writing from an agent of yours that no fees will apply
Me: and I will request you get this fixed immediately. I am incredibly pissed off at the incompetence displayed by your company
Optus: I see that the last agent has clearly mentioned about the contract cancellation charges and informed you about the bill details.

I say, it's in writing, this can't be disputed, I turn up the rage levels and call Optus incompetent and say they lack any accountability, and that it says in writing no fees are owed. I say the agent misinformed me, this is no fault of mine, credit me now.

His response: I understand your concern that wrong information has been provided to you, however there will always be a contract cancellation fee If you End your contract before Its maturity.

Optus: I surely can get this transferred to my manager, but this again would be something that is not possible

After 45 minutes - success! The $466 owing is waived, and the $160 will be credited to me.

I am now going to end up about $1000 up after all this. My mrs old phone is on eBay (will get at least $400 for it), we don't need to pay the $466, and I have $160 credited to my account. ******* winning.

TL;DR - I got the better of Optus and will come up about $1000 up thanks to their error.

Don't think anyone cares mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh and as for Boston v Cavs. Tough now for Cleveland. What's amazing is that you knew after the poor game one from LeBron that he was gonna come and go mental. He did just that. A 40 point triple double and they still lost by double digits.

I cant see how Cleveland can win this series.

Don't think anyone cares mate.

That’s not fair.
He even posted it in two threads!
d1296bdd6ade3056938984cb5149ea68.jpg

+1000 for this post. Waste of time and taxpayer money when they tour over here.

Bring on #commonwexit

Beware the wrath of Fwoy

Two weddings in a row have been on during a Swans game and I couldn't be happier.

Yeah, I would wan't an excuse to miss a Swans game as well... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back