The off topic thread 3.0

What would you like the thread titled?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I got my new TV delivered yesterday from JBHIFI as my Samsung I had for close to 8 years suddenly popped inside and the screen was filled with pixels. The new set I bought is nothing overly special, a 43” Samsung LED LCD (downgraded from 50”). So I get it, connect everything and watched some TV and a BluRay later on. All’s good, nothing wrong with it. This morning I turn it on and it has developed a vertical line from the top of the screen to the bottom. Lovely!

I bought it online so I went to my order on my JB website and did “Contact Us” which opens up a window to make an inquiry about whichever order you want. Told them what’s happened and that I want a replacement set. Shitty that I need to go through this all over again.

An update to the above. So I called at 9:30AM to let the manager know what happened and he’s like we will send a guy tomorrow to pick up the TV so they can check it at their store and they’ll send a new one back early next week. Then 20 minutes later I get a call back saying he spoke to the store manager and they told me they had a van waiting at the store so they will come to my house in the afternoon with a replacement TV and check the other TV at my house. Now it’s 1:30PM and they’ve come, checked the TV out (they were shocked at the line) and I have my replacement all set up.

This is why I love shopping with JB. You can always rely on them to do the right thing.

An update to the above. So I called at 9:30AM to let the manager know what happened and he’s like we will send a guy tomorrow to pick up the TV so they can check it at their store and they’ll send a new one back early next week. Then 20 minutes later I get a call back saying he spoke to the store manager and they told me they had a van waiting at the store so they will come to my house in the afternoon with a replacement TV and check the other TV at my house. Now it’s 1:30PM and they’ve come, checked the TV out (they were shocked at the line) and I have my replacement all set up.

This is why I love shopping with JB. You can always rely on them to do the right thing.
Yeah I used to work for JB's. Pretty good company.

Yeah I used to work for JB's. Pretty good company.

Great company. It was actually easier dealing with the manager than the checkout girl who answered the call and asked me a couple of times if I could take the set back to the store myself, which wasn’t possible as I had it delivered to me in the first place. Smooth sailing as soon as the manager got on the phone. :p

It reminded me a few years ago when I bought a defective DVR from a JB store, returned it the next day and the first guy I spoke to was talking about a repair job. After I insisted on getting a replacement, he called the manager over and explained what was going on and before he even finished, the manager picked up the same unit from their inventory and handed it to me. Pretty damn cool company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People thought he would stay because it is the Spurs.
Nah... he wasnt playing for a reason. He has always been leaving. Something has gone on. Not sure what though as Pop is well loved by everyone and Kawhi seems like a good kid, quiet and respectful so no idea what has gone on. Spurs always retain players too but for whatever reason they are going to lose their best player.

No idea if the truth will ever come out as to why he is leaving but im desperate to know.

His uncle is playing a big part I think, and the Lakers is where he wants to get to from all reports.
The Lakers are into LeBron, Kawhi and PG. They will end up with at least one big fish I think. Probably not LeBron though, he will stay East to ensure he makes it to the finals every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back