The off topic thread 3.0

What would you like the thread titled?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling to see what RPCB has done here to draw the ire. I assume he enjoyed the game, so that’s all that matters surely?

I like to watch the hourly news in 4x 15 minute blocks over 4 days. Wouldn't want to waste an hour a day with it ;)
Did lol more than I should have.

Genuinely thought I read R2D2 a few times here. Took me a little while to deduce it’s a not a video game based on him though.

288203.jpg

Did lol more than I should have.

It does make sense. I can just stop watching the film around the Live Aid performance. I will feel like I have watched enough at that point.

If I do sit through it, no spoilers.

Interesting article about the TAB not paying out a multibet which wins $147k. The reason is it includes the same bet under two bet codes

Slater-Dusty & Dusty-Slater for the Churchill-NS & NS-Churchill medals in 2017.

TAB offered an extra $400 on top of the normal bet would have paid rather than extra $142k. I don’t think they should pay out the full bet but $400 for their own system mistake out of $142k is low-balling

Interesting article about the TAB not paying out a multibet which wins $147k. The reason is it includes the same bet under two bet codes

Slater-Dusty & Dusty-Slater for the Churchill-NS & NS-Churchill medals in 2017.

TAB offered an extra $400 on top of the normal bet would have paid rather than extra $142k. I don’t think they should pay out the full bet but $400 for their own system mistake out of $142k is low-balling

If they accept the bet they accept the bet. Not the punter's fault.

I don’t work at the moment (not from a lack of trying) so at the moment I had the free time. I wake up early on a daily basis (3AM) so I could knock out a few hours, did whatever I would normally do during the day and then a few more hours at night. Then there was the weekend which is pretty much free time for everyone. The hours combine over a 6 day period.

Believe me when I say I didn’t rush the story just to rush it and be done with it. That isn’t what it’s about for me. When you’re unmarried without children, it becomes a bit simpler.
No spoilers but can I ask if you just ran through the game, sticking to the story and not really exploring how did you go with the Compendium? Did it fill up much or did you miss a lot. I have a sick fascination with getting every single last one in the compendium. Hahah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No spoilers but can I ask if you just ran through the game, sticking to the story and not really exploring how did you go with the Compendium? Did it fill up much or did you miss a lot. I have a sick fascination with getting every single last one in the compendium. Hahah

I just stuck to the story. My last compendium count was 48 of 551 (6/6 Gang, 21/59 weapons). Everything such as that is left to post game and left on the map.

Also, I would never post spoilers so no worries there. :)

I plan to get all 551 :D

I used to do some crazy things in the name of trophy hunting when I would try to collect as many as I could, not sure if the 551 compendium is attached to a teophy. Getting the Grand Theft Auto IV Platinum was excruciating, especially a particular trophy called “Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic” which used to not autosave on people and I have heard stories of people doing the criteria for the trophy up to 5 times without ever getting the trophy. Luckily I knew how to save everything properly so I got it when I did the criteria but we’re talking about a 20 hour trophy here.

I still remember back on Red Dead Redemption there was a period when Sony got hacked so you couldn’t play online for about a month but the game had a way of playing online, logging in via free roam. Imagine farming online when you’re the only person on the screen. :)

Bohemian Rhapsody is good purely to see Rami Malek. He's very good as Freddie but the rest of the film is sloppy in my opinion. Pacing and editing issues throughout.

Also, people binge watch tv shows in a day that are 10 episodes a season/hour long episodes but no one bats an eyelid but play a video game and complete it in a week everyone goes mental! I don't see the difference really. It's actually probably better to play games as it allows for problem-solving and to improve your dexterity.

Bohemian Rhapsody is good purely to see Rami Malek. He's very good as Freddie but the rest of the film is sloppy in my opinion. Pacing and editing issues throughout.

Also, people binge watch tv shows in a day that are 10 episodes a season/hour long episodes but no one bats an eyelid but play a video game and complete it in a week everyone goes mental! I don't see the difference really. It's actually probably better to play games as it allows for problem-solving and to improve your dexterity.
Final 15-20 mins is excellent, but agreed.

I can’t wait to watch it particularly for the Live Aid performance to see if its frame by frame like the original. Not that I would deduct points if it wasn’t but it was an actual performance so pretty good if it is totally accurate in the film.

Watching Millionaire Hotseat at the moment. How rigged can it get. The daughter of Andrew Gaze was a contestant on the show, made it to the last question (for $50k) after the previous guests lost out and the question posed to her was what was the name of Kate Winslet’s character in the Titanic.

You should have seen the difficulty of the previous questions compared to it. Sad.

Rose Dewitt Bukater.

Everyone knows that.

The studio had the camera positioned in a way that showed the contestant left in the seat in the background and he didn’t look too pleased at the question. His own question towards the final questions was one of those traditionally difficult ones like “in 1747 what was the occupation of (insert name)?”.

I thought the question to her was pretty poor form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back