The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a strange coincidence that everyone is going to list the decade they grew up with or heavily influenced their childhood.

tbh, my main inspiration was Rage overnight on Fridays an Saturdays. Maes and I would tape it on long play vhs and watch it the next day or dub together tapes of stuff we liked. Opened me up to stuff from before my time my parents would never have influenced me with...

That avatar change for WR, it took me a while to realise who was posting! :D

+1 vote for the mid 80s to mid 90s (if that can be classifed as a decade).

On the topic of music, Splendour In The Grass announced their 2020 lineup this morning. Not great headliners to be honest. Flume is ehh these days. But the likes of Glass Animals, Jack Garratt, Dillon Francis, Grouplove, Petit Biscuit and Sofi Tukker has me considering.

On the topic of music, Splendour In The Grass announced their 2020 lineup this morning. Not great headliners to be honest. Flume is ehh these days. But the likes of Glass Animals, Jack Garratt, Dillon Francis, Grouplove, Petit Biscuit and Sofi Tukker has me considering.
The Strokes, Tyler, Violent Soho, Thelma Plum, Methyl Ethel, PUP, Tim Minchin, Jungle Giants, Stella Donnelly, Alex The Astronaut all interest me as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway as a 90s baby it was the 00s for me. Formative music taste years.

Same for me.

Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, The Libertines, The Strokes, & The Wombats early albums were always on repeat for me at the time.

These days if I listen to 'Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not' I get really strong flashbacks to my school bus days.

Same for me.

Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, The Libertines, The Strokes, & The Wombats early albums were always on repeat for me at the time.

These days if I listen to 'Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not' I get really strong flashbacks to my school bus days.

That first Arctic Monkeys album takes me back to my high school days every time, more so than any other album.

That avatar change for WR, it took me a while to realise who was posting! :D

+1 vote for the mid 80s to mid 90s (if that can be classifed as a decade).

Never forget the time he changed it to a Henry avatar after finally honouring his bet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back