The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah he means if it wasn't Han Solo a d Chewie.

Which is dumb if you liked it otherwise...
No issue with Chewie as Chewie was Chewie.

Ok let me try to explain. I thought the idea was dumb. Han Solo doesnt need an origin story. We already met him when he was very young in Episode 4. Plus Harrison Ford is now too old to play Han Solo in an origin movie. You cant re cast Harrison Ford, it's not gonna work and the bloke that they got to do it just wasnt right for it. But that's no blame on him, nobody can follow Harrison Ford.

It was just too difficult to buy into for me. The whole time watching the movie I was like... that's not Han Solo... and it's a movie about Han Solo. So that was a problem.

But the story of the movie was good. I liked the story just not the use of Han Solo.

No issue with Chewie as Chewie was Chewie.

Ok let me try to explain. I thought the idea was dumb. Han Solo doesnt need an origin story. We already met him when he was very young in Episode 4. Plus Harrison Ford is now too old to play Han Solo in an origin movie. You cant re cast Harrison Ford, it's not gonna work and the bloke that they got to do it just wasnt right for it. But that's no blame on him, nobody can follow Harrison Ford.

It was just too difficult to buy into for me. The whole time watching the movie I was like... that's not Han Solo... and it's a movie about Han Solo. So that was a problem.

But the story of the movie was good. I liked the story just not the use of Han Solo.
Seems like it was a you problem and not the movie.

Any fellow crypto investors in here? glenferry23 ? Have 2 BC that I have been sitting on for the last 3 and a half years. Getting nervous about all the talks of a crypto crash so thinking of selling instead of staying invested long term.

This is the first time for me so I have never sold since I invested. Will the ATO automatically know about the capital gain I make? How do they know what I originally purchased the coins for? (Trading through BTC bitcoin exchange). I have no idea how to account for it in my tax return if I do sell (I generally do my own tax returns).

Any fellow crypto investors in here? glenferry23 ? Have 2 BC that I have been sitting on for the last 3 and a half years. Getting nervous about all the talks of a crypto crash so thinking of selling instead of staying invested long term.

This is the first time for me so I have never sold since I invested. Will the ATO automatically know about the capital gain I make? How do they know what I originally purchased the coins for? (Trading through BTC bitcoin exchange). I have no idea how to account for it in my tax return if I do sell (I generally do my own tax returns).
Aren't you an accountant lol?

Her ideology is well known. She's a feminist.

I honestly dont know how much she had to do with Rogue One but she has very little to do with Mando. Episodes 7, 8 and 9 are awful and Solo is the first Star Wars movie ever to bomb and lose money and the idea of the movie was stupid anyway. You cant recast Han Solo. You just cant. Dont do an origin story, it was a dumb idea.

So being a feminist is a bad thing? Yet you roll your eyes at my observation you don't like women in Star Wars..

You have no clue how much or how little she had to do with any of the films, much like you thought Mando was filmed on location.

Please expand mate because at the moment you're massively struggling not to come off as a misinformed nuffy.

You have to declare capital gains just like when you buy and sell shares.

So being a feminist is a bad thing? Yet you roll your eyes at my observation you don't like women in Star Wars..

You have no clue how much or how little she had to do with any of the films, much like you thought Mando was filmed on location.

Please expand mate because at the moment you're massively struggling not to come off as a misinformed nuffy.
Nope. Again dont try to put words in peoples mouths. People can be feminists all they want, I've got no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is pushing all the feminist idea's into Star Wars and ruining Star Wars.

A little research is easy to find out that Kennedy has little to do with Mando and she gets a Producer credit on anything Star Wars related as she is the head of LucasFilm so everything has to go through her if you will.

Last edited:
Nope. Again dont try to put words in peoples mouths. People can be feminists all they want, I've not problem with that. What I do have a problem with is pushing all the feminist idea's into Star Wars and ruining Star Wars.

A little research is easy to find out that Kennedy has little to do with Mando and she gets a Producer credit on anything Star Wars related as she is the head of LucasFilm so everything has to go through her if you will.

Right.. glenferry23 I think you gave jod too much benefit of the doubt.

And how much did she have to do with the ST mate? Did she hire Filoni and Favreau or was that someone else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right.. glenferry23 I think you gave jod too much benefit of the doubt.

And how much did she have to do with the ST mate? Did she hire Filoni and Favreau or was that someone else?
ST?

She did hire Filoni and Favreau although I believe she is regretting that decision now as it's been documented that their is a war waging at Disney now as Bob Igor wants to hand the Star Wars keys to Favreau but Kennedy wont let go.

ST?

She did hire Filoni and Favreau although I believe she is regretting that decision now as it's been documented that their is a war waging at Disney now as Bob Igor wants to hand the Star Wars keys to Favreau but Kennedy wont let go.
Have you been watching Doomcock videos mate? Tut tut, they'll rot your brain.

But seriously, do you have any idea at all how companies work? At all? Might need to put a pin in this before you make me cringe any harder.

I would genuinely help you if I could, unfortunately I’m not the person to ask. I’ve stayed away from the crypto market sorry mate. So I wouldn’t know too much about this.

ST?

That really does sound like the type of YouTube videos SM mentioned.

Important to note, Iger is no longer the CEO of Disney. And Favreau is a filmmaker, not an executive. Very different roles.

I’m almost scared to ask, but what feminist ideology was pushed forward in the films?

A simple google will find articles on all that stuff. Who know's what's true in the internet age. What we do know is true is that Kennedy took over Star Wars and immediately made the three worst Star Wars movies ever and almost killed the brand.

That really does sound like the type of YouTube videos SM mentioned.

Important to note, Iger is no longer the CEO of Disney. And Favreau is a filmmaker, not an executive. Very different roles.

I’m almost scared to ask, but what feminist ideology was pushed forward in the films?
Really? You're a bit of a film buff arent you? Surely you can clearly see the feminist ideology she put into Episodes 7, 8 and 9 and destroyed those movies.

I mean we meet Rey and in quick time with zero training she can do tons of force sensitive stuff including beating Kylo Ren in a lightsabre battle having never picked one up before in her life. She basically has no training at all in any of the movies and becomes so powerful she kills THE EMPEROR for god's sake. Like the most powerful Sith Lord ever.

Strong woman. Can do anything. Etc

She also makes any other woman ridiculously strong and they make all the decisions. Leia and let's not talk about her floating through space and the ******* dreadful character played by Laura Dern ... one of the worst written characters in any movie ever.

Also over the three movies she reduces the men to hot headed idiots or dithering morons or completely destroys the most famous Jedi ever. Men are useless, women are great. It's stamped all over the new trilogy and it makes for awful story telling.

Really? You're a bit of a film buff arent you? Surely you can clearly see the feminist ideology she put into Episodes 7, 8 and 9 and destroyed those movies.

I mean we meet Rey and in quick time with zero training she can do tons of force sensitive stuff including beating Kylo Ren in a lightsabre battle having never picked one up before in her life. She basically has no training at all in any of the movies and becomes so powerful she kills THE EMPEROR for god's sake. Like the most powerful Sith Lord ever.

Strong woman. Can do anything. Etc

She also makes any other woman ridiculously strong and they make all the decisions. Leia and let's not talk about her floating through space and the ******* dreadful character played by Laura Dern ... one of the worst written characters in any movie ever.

Also over the three movies she reduces the men to hot headed idiots or dithering morons or completely destroys the most famous Jedi ever. Men are useless, women are great. It's stamped all over the new trilogy and it makes for awful story telling.
...you know she doesn't have writing credits on any of them right?

...you know she doesn't have writing credits on any of them right?
Yeah she hired the whole team that wrote them and she's of course part of the story group.

"Five days a week, in the foggy hills of San Francisco, 11 writers and artists discuss the minutiae of storm troopers. This is the Lucasfilm story group, and its members hold the keys to everything “Star Wars”: Under their guidance, the franchise’s narratives are linked no matter the platform, whether it’s television, games, theme parks, publishing, merchandise or, of course, film. With their ideas shaping each character and setting, they don’t see themselves as gatekeepers but as partners furthering the stories their creators want to tell.

Kathleen Kennedy founded the group in 2012 when she succeeded George Lucas as president of Lucasfilm, putting Kiri Hart, a former film and TV writer, in charge of the unit. Ms. Hart’s first move was to make the story group entirely female, starting with Rayne Roberts and Carrie Beck. Both women had experience in film development but had also worked in other arenas — Ms. Roberts in magazine publishing, and Ms. Beck with the Sundance Institute.

In Los Angeles, before they made the move to the Bay Area, the three women sat around a fire pit in Ms. Hart’s backyard, along with John Swartz, a producer at Lucasfilm, and talked about their hopes for the future of “Star Wars.” They wanted to tell beautiful stories, fulfill the expectations of loyal fans and create meaningful female characters."

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back