The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spent the night in the ED last night.

Mrs Cruyff threw up about 8 times in less than 2 hours and then passed out. They think food poisoning or gastro. She is fine now for the most part, but gee, it got a bit scary there for a bit

Glad Mrs Cruyff is ok. I had that twice in a week a couple of months ago. Out of the blue was staggering around dizzy and repeatedly chucking up. The doc's advice was to wear a fresh face mask every time.

Fair to say this tweet has not gone down well, even if they were making a (sloppy but well meaning point) but the lack of women in the Chef/Culinary Industry these days (something like only 20 percent)

Of all the days to tweet something like this as well (International Women's Day)

I honestly think she's a terrible actress. Her record states that as well in that she was only in two TV shows for longer than 2 episodes. Suits and Deal or No Deal.

“Her record”? IMDB shows she was on Suits for 7 years and 108 episodes of a 134 episode show. Her IMDB also shows her first bit of acting was in a Married With Children episode way back in 1995. Whether you think she was a terrible actress or not means nothing.

I don’t know what she was like as an actress but what I do know is that her career and her money was earned by working. The Royals are such a useless bunch that it is incredible that they are still a thing in 2021. It’s incredible they were still a thing in 1971.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair to say this tweet has not gone down well, even if they were making a (sloppy but well meaning point) but the lack of women in the Chef/Culinary Industry these days (something like only 20 percent)

Of all the days to tweet something like this as well (International Women's Day)

Dumb tweet for attention. It seems more and more famous people and companies tweet incredibly insensitive things all so they can apologise.

”I am sorry.... I didn’t realise that “Women belong in the kitchen” would be insensitive”.

“Her record”? IMDB shows she was on Suits for 7 years and 108 episodes of a 134 episode show. Her IMDB also shows her first bit of acting was in a Married With Children episode way back in 1995. Whether you think she was a terrible actress or not means nothing.

I don’t know what she was like as an actress but what I do know is that her career and her money was earned by working. The Royals are such a useless bunch that it is incredible that they are still a thing in 2021. It’s incredible they were still a thing in 1971.
Maybe you should read what I wrote. Classic quoting without reading because of who wrote it.

Maybe you should read what I wrote. Classic quoting without reading because of who wrote it.

Yes, I re-read and saw that you wrote “longer than 2 episodes”. I seriously don’t know why that’s a bad thing considering she acted on one show for 7 years. There is only so much a series regular can do outside of a series they film for 6-7 months every year.

If you mean the part in my post about the Royals. That wasn’t in response to anything you wrote.

As for me posting the way I did because of who I was responding to. I think we have moved well beyond that stage and I wouldn’t be shitty towards you just because it’s you. I wouldn’t.

Yes, I re-read and saw that you wrote “longer than 2 episodes”. I seriously don’t know why that’s a bad thing considering she acted on one show for 7 years. There is only so much a series regular can do outside of a series they film for 6-7 months every year.

If you mean the part in my post about the Royals. That wasn’t in response to anything you wrote.

As for me posting the way I did because of who I was responding to. I think we have moved well beyond that stage and I wouldn’t be shitty towards you just because it’s you. I wouldn’t.
No I meant the first part. Considering she had been acting before 2011... She can appear in more than that. She just isn't good in my opinion and it appears in others opinions too

No I meant the first part. Considering she had been acting before 2011... She can appear in more than that. She just isn't good in my opinion and it appears in others opinions too

Perhaps she didn’t want to act in more than the series she was on since she already had a busy schedule. Had she not met Harry, she probably would be in more stuff as is the nature of there always being work for actors. I have never watched Suits, so I don’t know if she is a good actress or not but it’s harsh to knock her as an actress just because she didn’t appear in more things during her busy Suits acting schedule.

Look at the IMDb page of most actors who have regular television roles for 5, 6, 7 plus years and what you will see is a pattern of actors having bits parts in other things here and there. Kiefer Sutherland’s original “24” run was for 9 straight years, outside of that he was in one or two other things every year and most were probably small parts (some voice acting in film and video games). Acting that required his time for a few weeks after he had finished filming a “24” season. That’s just one such example from one actor in television.

Last edited:
Perhaps she didn’t want to act in more than the series she was on since she already had a busy schedule. Had she not met Harry, she probably would be in more stuff as is the nature of there always being work for actors. I have never watched Suits, so I don’t know if she is a good actress or not but it’s harsh to knock her as an actress just because she didn’t appear in more things during her busy Suits acting schedule.

Look at the IMDb page of most actors who have regular television roles for 5, 6, 7 plus years and what you will see is a pattern of actors having bits parts in other things here and there. Kiefer Sutherland’s original “24” run was for 9 straight years, outside of that he was in one or two other things every year and most were probably small parts (some voice actors in film and video games). Acting that required his time for a few weeks after he had finished filming a “24” season. That’s just one such example from one actor in television.
Talking about before that. It's not like she was 21 when suits started.. anyhow, each to their own. Personally I watched two episodes of suits before I deleted the rest, not a fan

Glad Mrs Cruyff is ok. I had that twice in a week a couple of months ago. Out of the blue was staggering around dizzy and repeatedly chucking up. The doc's advice was to wear a fresh face mask every time.
Spoke to our GP this morning and she just thinks it's food poisoning. Thankfully nothing more serious.

Talking about before that. It's not like she was 21 when suits started.. anyhow, each to their own. Personally I watched two episodes of suits before I deleted the rest, not a fan
I don't think two eps is a good sample size to determine if a show is good or not.

Personally you are the only person I have seen slate her as an actor. The whole cast of Suits were excellent.

Nah, the post was deleted by mod and then remade without the offending piece.

152735.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back