The off topic thread 4.0

RPCB

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
This is very true. I’ve never been a fan of NFL but still very much enjoy Ballers and movies like Any Given Sunday, Varsity Blues, Remember The Titans etc.
I might give Ballers a watch. I hear it is very good.

Same goes for Baseball. Terrible sport. Boring as batshit.

But a Baseball movie. Im in. :D
Boo.

IMO, the best sports documentary around is one made about Baseball by Ken Burns. Fantastic watch for any hardcore fan or someone wanting to know the history. And yeah, whatever Baseball movie I have watched has been excellent. Eight Men Out is my favourite one. Anything to do with historic events in Baseball and I am there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SM

Bigfooty Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, GW
No I have Netflix, but was hoping someone with both could compare.
I have both and as above, it depends on the types of shows you watch.

But I mean, you could get Netflix, Stan and Kayo and still be paying less than you are for Foxtel.

jod23

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
IMO, the best sports documentary around is one made about Baseball by Ken Burns. Fantastic watch for any hardcore fan or someone wanting to know the history. And yeah, whatever Baseball movie I have watched has been excellent. Eight Men Out is my favourite one. Anything to do with historic events in Baseball and I am there.
I was thinking more classics like Major League I and II, Field of Dreams, A League of Their Own. :)

jod23

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I have both and as above, it depends on the types of shows you watch.

But I mean, you could get Netflix, Stan and Kayo and still be paying less than you are for Foxtel.
Oh I dont pay for Foxtel, Foxtel is trash. My mum has it and I just use her account haha.

I just have Netflix. Is Stan the same premise. Sign up and it's just a website that I can stream TV and Movies from?

I wanna wait for the new Disney streaming network too which I think is gonna rival Netflix.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, GW
Oh I dont pay for Foxtel, Foxtel is trash. My mum has it and I just use her account haha.

I just have Netflix. Is Stan the same premise. Sign up and it's just a website that I can stream TV and Movies from?

I wanna wait for the new Disney streaming network too which I think is gonna rival Netflix.
We aren't getting that, Stan is. That's why I said Stan is good because it has the Disney content now.

Zoom

Carefree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
chef jod23 Philippines has been great. Managed to dodge storm Usman and have had a pretty good run with weather. Went deep into some pretty remote areas and visited some fishing villages which was an experience. In Coron now and going to hire a boat tomorrow to suss out all the islands.

jod23

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
chef jod23 Philippines has been great. Managed to dodge storm Usman and have had a pretty good run with weather. Went deep into some pretty remote areas and visited some fishing villages which was an experience. In Coron now and going to hire a boat tomorrow to suss out all the islands.
We've decided to head to Palawan and El Nido which we werent previously going to. Have you been there?

Cruyff14

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Watched Mission Impossible: Fallout last night. Really enjoyed it. Unpopular, but I really like Tom Cruise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cruyff14

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
As a person or in movies? I have no issue with him in movies and love him in Mission Impossible.
Person.

Yeah he is one of the GOAT actors IMO. I think he is a great actor and don't mind him as a person either. Very likeable for me.

Zoom

Carefree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
We've decided to head to Palawan and El Nido which we werent previously going to. Have you been there?
Went to El Nido. It was good fun. There’s a few good bars along the beach plus a fair bit of shit to do.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, Liverpool, Victory
No doubting Cruise's acting ability, one of the GOAT movie stars.

Absolute weirdo in everyday life though. Having said that I'd give almost thing to be looking like he does when I am his age!

Jatz

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Moderator #92
I’m a Tom Cruise fan as well. Don’t really care what he gets up to in his free time, he’s a hell of an actor.

RPCB

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Annalise Braakensiek has died. Such a sad thing to hear. :(

chef

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Thread starter Moderator #98
Yeah you guys are too young, she was big in the 90s

Jatz

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Moderator #100
Watched the original Mad Max for the first time last night. While I didn’t mind the concept, I felt like the pacing was absolutely horrible. First time I’ve really noticed that in a film before, at least to that extent.

Don’t regret watching it but I wouldn’t watch it again.

Top Bottom