Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
We just took my dog for his second vet visit after he came back home from the animal hospital last week. Last Friday’s vet visit revealed no improvements in his red call counts (20) but we were told that since he was right at the beginning of taking his steroids the number will start to improve gradually. The last 5-6 days he has looked much better, more active, pretty much his normal self and today his counts have risen to 25. His gums are more a pink colour (normal) than pale/white (good tip to look out for a Dogs gum colour), which they’ve been ever since he’s been unwell. We will see weekly improvements and this is the first. It’s beautiful when you consider how grim it was only 8-9 days ago.

feels like a broken record really. so much hatred and anger, everyone has to pick a side. us against them. it's horrid.

saw some stills from the footage and his insane manifesto. white supremacist terrorism.

And the same lines about mental illness will get trotted out. It's sickening.

Those that protest against immigration because of the rapists and murderers then defend the Catholic Priests and the mass shooters. People are so blinded to tolerance and peace that they will bend over backwards to justify their point of view.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.

Those that protest against immigration because of the rapists and murderers then defend the Catholic Priests and the mass shooters. People are so blinded to tolerance and peace that they will bend over backwards to justify their point of view.
unfortunately for as long as those people get platforms, whether it be the media, parliament or elsewhere, it'll continue.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
The-Simpsons-Season-14-Episode-1-21-cc31.jpg

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

This definitely won’t get called out as a mental health issue (although to commit such a crime you’d surely have to have mental issues). It will be called out for exactly what it is, terrorism.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
It should be called out as terrorism and it will but not with the some vigour as when someone with darker skin commits the same act. What I mean by that is there won’t be the investigative pieces into “their way of life” or “inside the minds of the Islamic troubled youth” for these far right white racists

This definitely won’t get called out as a mental health issue (although to commit such a crime you’d surely have to have mental issues). It will be called out for exactly what it is, terrorism.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
To be fair the initial reports arent expected to be held to the same level of accuracy. So for them to not use the word terrorism isn’t surprising. It’s more the media coverage in the days that come where it simply must be called what it is

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

You see the exact same headlines when it’s the other way around. Always starts with “a shooter” and will eventually be detailed as terrorism when motives are unearthed. To most it’s obvious what it is from the get go but there’s no use in quoting some fool on twitter as an athority on anything

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Can get a licence pretty easily. Just need to keep them secured in a locked gun cupboard

Wonder if this will change

You see the exact same headlines when it’s the other way around. Always starts with “a shooter” and will eventually be detailed as terrorism when motives are unearthed. To most it’s obvious what it is from the get go but there’s no use in quoting some fool on twitter as an athority on anything

For me, being worried about the wording plays second fiddle to the well-being of victims. It’s tragic whether it’s a “mass shooting” or “terrorism”

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wonder if this will change

For me, being worried about the wording plays second fiddle to the well-being of victims. It’s tragic whether it’s a “mass shooting” or “terrorism”
Indeed. Just been looking on twitter and that seems to be the main concern. Just causes more divide at the end of the day.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Indeed. Just been looking on twitter and that seems to be the main concern. Just causes more divide at the end of the day.

I’m about 8 pages into the manifesto. It’s funny on Twitter they’ve jumped on one line, one link, to blame it to right wing USA. Yet he’s cited a black woman as his motivation, to a white European dream...I’m taking a break before digging back in. He’s already confirmed he wants a divide in North America, racial divide...he wants people to point the finger and blame each other, let the divide grow bigger and nastier....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back