Not open for further replies.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Probably the ep on the canals where Jemery kills, then burns and then eats the pet dog Mummy. I lose it everytime.

But to many to choose from.
Hahaha, that’s mine as well. Robert Webb was first-class in that episode.

Hahaha, that’s mine as well. Robert Webb was first-class in that episode.

The one where Mark enrols in college to follow a girl he thought was cute in a shoe store is fantastic too. Not least because it includes Capaldi, which is another fantastic show - The Thick of It.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Just watched Captain Marvel. Loved it.

Nice to see a strong female lead thats not over sexualised, romanticised or rescued by a man and kicked arse(and wearing a NIN tee, oh yeah). Being set in the 90s was a winner too.

Looking forward to the next Avengers(and Hell Boy next week).
Hellboy is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Yeah. I was only a teen when I watched it but geez it's stuck with me as being utter tripe.
I guess if you are not into that sort of thing you wont like it.

Ron Perlman makes that movie tick so im pretty interested to see how David Harbour goes as Hellboy.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
I’m so far behind with the Marvel Universe. I saw a flow chart telling me which order to watch, but it has Captain Marvel right at the front after the first Captain America. I think I’ll wait a bit longrer.

Hellboy looks interesting. David Harbour looks similar to Ron Pearlman at first glance. Is it a reboot, and continuation, or completely unrelated?

If there was another comic I want as a movie, I wish they would do a sequel to the last Dredd film...the Karl Urban one. Criminally underrated...

I’m so far behind with the Marvel Universe. I saw a flow chart telling me which order to watch, but it has Captain Marvel right at the front after the first Captain America. I think I’ll wait a bit longrer.

Hellboy looks interesting. David Harbour looks similar to Ron Pearlman at first glance. Is it a reboot, and continuation, or completely unrelated?

If there was another comic I want as a movie, I wish they would do a sequel to the last Dredd film...the Karl Urban one. Criminally underrated...
Sounds like that order is chronological in the film universe. Not necessary really.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
I loved it(and the sequel) and am excited to see what they do with this one. Each to their own i guess.
Yep I’ve loved the series too. Most of Del Toros work is fantastic for me. Pans Labrynth is still my favourite film of all time.

The new version looks way more gory though so am excited to see it.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Yep I’ve loved the series too. Most of Del Toros work is fantastic for me. Pans Labrynth is still my favourite film of all time.

The new version looks way more gory though so am excited to see it.

Such an amazing film.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I watched Robocop again the other night (not the remake). Still holds up well. Love the satire in it

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
1554795816336.png

A supermarket chain in the UK was forced to remove these chocolate Easter ducks after complaints of 'racism'.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
View attachment 651289

A supermarket chain in the UK was forced to remove these chocolate Easter ducks after complaints of 'racism'.
Haha I was thinking why was that until I zoomed in on the names. The sad thing is I’ve now been socially conditioned to almost believe that’s racist as well. Please note the word “almost”.

Warning don’t ever move to the U.K. Political correctness is rampant and is getting worse. We are living in an Orwellian nightmare. I saw the signs 20 years ago when the Blair Government got in and within a year our whole workforce were sent on diversity training. Now the government are looking to curb what we can and can’t see on the internet. We are probably the worst in the western world for all this s**t

Last edited:

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Haha I was thinking why was that until I zoomed in on the names. The sad thing is I’ve now been socially conditioned to almost believe that’s racist as well. Please note the word “almost”.
I saw one complaint on twitter and it was from a white person lol. The responses from black people are actually quite funny.

But you’re right. Some white people are preconditioned to be perpetually outraged on behalf of black people. I wonder if that in itself is actually more insulting than this “racist” chocolate. It wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case going by twitter.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I saw one complaint on twitter and it was from a white person lol. The responses from black people are actually quite funny.

But you’re right. Some white people are preconditioned to be perpetually outraged on behalf of black people. I wonder if that in itself is actually more insulting than this “racist” chocolate. It wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case going by twitter.
It’s all down to being socially conditioned. If you get them early you can mould them any way you want, as unfortunately most people are not independent thinkers. People think they are progressive and such but really they’re just pawns in a huge game of chess.

As for the whites who spend their days being perpetually offended on behalf of black and brown people, I think you’d have to ask a few of them on here why that is. As you say, a lot of blacks find it insulting anyway. I think they call it “white knighting” or something

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Such an amazing film.

This movie has always been one I’ve wanted to watch but for some reason, have never got around to it. Seeing it endorsed by yourself and Bok has reminded me to do so, will try and download tonight.

Job interview tomorrow, going to be tricky balancing that with packing for Europe, exciting times!

Good luck buddy.

This movie has always been one I’ve wanted to watch but for some reason, have never got around to it. Seeing it endorsed by yourself and Bok has reminded me to do so, will try and download tonight.

Good luck buddy.
Thanks, it's an alternate asset management company that is pretty big, so would be an exciting move after where I've been. Bit more of a technical accounting role so I'll see how I go.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

You wont be sorry.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm

So what is the offensive bit? That the dark (speckled?) chocolate duck is called ugly? Or that they have three types of chocolate? Surely there’s bigger issues in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back