Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Gee blocks are tiny nowadays. Greenvale will be a nice place to raise a family mate.
Yeah, compared to those of yesteryear most definitely. But, smaller blocks = more lots = more money for developers though so I get it.

It's about 15-20 minutes closer to my wife's parents place (Seymour), and still not far from my folks place (10 mins the other way from where we are now), and three of our closest friends are within about 5 minute drive so another big incentive.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Yeah, compared to those of yesteryear most definitely. But, smaller blocks = more lots = more money for developers though so I get it.

It's about 15-20 minutes closer to my wife's parents place (Seymour), and still not far from my folks place (10 mins the other way from where we are now), and three of our closest friends are within about 5 minute drive so another big incentive.
Backyards are a thing of the past too most people now, sucks for kids growing up. So much greed from the developers.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I know this might sound a bit of a weird thing to ask, but it’s always bothered me, but how do you cope with all those spiders and snakes down there? I have a real hatred of big spiders, and I’ve just had to deal with one of the campaigners five minutes ago. Of course a big spider here is nothing compared to the f***ers you get. I know it sounds pussified and totally irrational, probably should see a shrink
I have seen probably 2 spiders (1 redback though) since moving back nearly 2 years ago. And not 1 snake in over 25 years of living in Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
What's it like aircraft noise wise? I usually take the kids out to Woodlands reserve there after watching planes land / take off at the airport viewing area.
We grew up around the area so are very use to the plane noises. It was actually the light aircraft at Essendon airport that would be most annoying

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

D45F588A-B9D8-4BA3-BAFF-EC4E715B92BD.png

I came within about 2 ft of standing on a brown snake.

Thankfully it hissed and my mate and I bolted away as fast we could screaming like little girls.
We get Tiger and King Brown snakes where i live. Have killed a few in my time being a farm/country boy, a shovel does the trick(last one was in my pool).
Got bitten by a brown walking to Uni year one. Walking along a residential street footpath.
Nowhere near a water source either.

Luckily was just a juvenile but the pain was still pretty strong.

I do some work in disability and there was a gentleman who one night, had been blind drunk and passed out in a park. He got bitten by a snake and it poisoned him whilst he was sleeping. He obviously can’t function like he used to and needs support now but I remember thinking that ill make sure I never sleep in a park!
The Russell's Viper (and other vipers) are the scary one's. Firstly cause the blood to clot into jelly disabling the kidneys and making the blood super toxic to kill you, but if you survive the long term effect is that you cannot clot for some period of time afterwards and simple cuts and scrapes could cause you to bleed out.
Yeah never really had any encounters with snakes.

Saw a red belly one time next to a pond where I was going to try to get some yabbies, noped out of there pretty quick.

Maybe have seen one red back spider in my life under a brick.
I nope out of the reptile house at the zoo. Truly have a phobia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back