The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JW 2 and 3 are decent but original John Wick is a modern day action classic. It's entered the realms of all time best action films with stuff like Die Hard etc it's that good.

Agreed that the first is much more original, haven’t seen the third yet but eventually will. I must say there were some quite repetitive moments in the sequel, still good viewing but it does get quite predictable.

The hand to hand stuff and the action scenes in the original had far greater impact. I really am reminded of that final battle in Commando. Arnie just doing as he pleases, hardly a scratch despite the rain of bullets he’s facing. It was all a bit ridiculous and hilarious, but couldn’t look away.

Agreed that the first is much more original, haven’t seen the third yet but eventually will. I must say there were some quite repetitive moments in the sequel, still good viewing but it does get quite predictable.

The hand to hand stuff and the action scenes in the original had far greater impact. I really am reminded of that final battle in Commando. Arnie just doing as he pleases, hardly a scratch despite the rain of bullets he’s facing. It was all a bit ridiculous and hilarious, but couldn’t look away.
JW3 literally just starts off exactly where JW2 ends and it's NON-STOP. Just 100mph. Action, action, action. It's pretty cool, some fantastic fight scenes, particularly one with a certain woman and some dogs. But yeah it's pretty good.

JW2 and JW3 and really good but yeah original JW is just balls deep good!

This is something I'm looking at. Did you travel to Iceland from UK? How expensive was it?
I flew to Greece first and had been travelling around Europe but yeah I bought a flight to Keflavík airport from London for about $100 one way.

I hired a 2x2 which was probably the cheapest car at the time. You can hire campervans which are more expensive of course but you obviously don’t have to search for accomodation. I slept in my car and rugged up because you find somewhere to sleep almost anywhere there (although there are areas they say you can’t, it doesn’t seem to be policed super well).

Petrol isn’t cheap. Cost me between $80 and $120 to fill up a tank and you’ll be doing that six times or more depending if you head out towards the fjords and coasts.

I’d also highly recommend getting the gravel insurance. The roads are incredibly narrow and they vary from perfect smooth roads to gravel with potholes to icy roads and it canbe easy to get damage but from memory the insurance is fairly cheap.

Food and drink is ridiculously expensive. Think for a 2L bottle of water i paid about $15.

Well it's been a pretty s**t two weeks, and the worst of my life.

My mum called me two weeks ago Wednesday telling me my dad is in hospital. He'd been having stomach pains and it got to the point where he needed an ambulance. She thought they'd be home the same day. They ended up doing scans and found out he had masses in his bowel, and he required emergency bowel surgery. They also found tumors in his liver and stomach, which are cancerous.

The procedure was done October 3rd, he then spent five days in ICU recovering. He had very low blood pressure and oxygen, and needed assistance breathing, and with his blood pressure. He was on and off these machines for most of the time he was in ICU. It was awful seeing someone like this, let alone your own dad. I'd not wish it upon anyone. He was admitted to the ward Tuesday of last week and has been there since. Looks the healthiest he has in months. He is improving more and more each day and he should be home in the next few days hopefully.

We met with the oncologist today who told us that he will require ongoing chemo. This will improve his quality of life and give him some more time.

So that's been my life the last few weeks. It's ******* s**t, but there is not much anybody can do about it. We need to be there for each other. My dad is handling it extremely well. It's hitting my mum hard. I don't think the whole chemo thing has hit me yet.

Life is s**t, but you gotta play the hand you've been dealt the best you can.

Well it's been a pretty s**t two weeks, and the worst of my life.

My mum called me two weeks ago Wednesday telling me my dad is in hospital. He'd been having stomach pains and it got to the point where he needed an ambulance. She thought they'd be home the same day. They ended up doing scans and found out he had masses in his bowel, and he required emergency bowel surgery. They also found tumors in his liver and stomach, which are cancerous.

The procedure was done October 3rd, he then spent five days in ICU recovering. He had very low blood pressure and oxygen, and needed assistance breathing, and with his blood pressure. He was on and off these machines for most of the time he was in ICU. It was awful seeing someone like this, let alone your own dad. I'd not wish it upon anyone. He was admitted to the ward Tuesday of last week and has been there since. Looks the healthiest he has in months. He is improving more and more each day and he should be home in the next few days hopefully.

We met with the oncologist today who told us that he will require ongoing chemo. This will improve his quality of life and give him some more time.

So that's been my life the last few weeks. It's ******* s**t, but there is not much anybody can do about it. We need to be there for each other. My dad is handling it extremely well. It's hitting my mum hard. I don't think the whole chemo thing has hit me yet.

Life is s**t, but you gotta play the hand you've been dealt the best you can.
My uncle has pancreatic cancer and the chemo is a bitch.
Has given up on it and moved onto radiation therapy and growing marijuana plants for medicinal purposes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My uncle has pancreatic cancer and the chemo is a bitch.
Has given up on it and moved onto radiation therapy and growing marijuana plants for medicinal purposes.

Respect, good on him for making that decision. A bold move, going against the conventional methods. I wish all the best to him.

WealstoneRaider do you follow the rugby at all?

Tough sport to watch but I do rate watching the world cup especially once the knock outs start
No I haven’t been watching it. Couldn’t believe we beat the AB’s though when I saw the result! Will have to watch the final, hopefully it won’t be as stressful as that cricket final a few months ago which nearly finished me off!

No I haven’t been watching it. Couldn’t believe we beat the AB’s though when I saw the result! Will have to watch the final, hopefully it won’t be as stressful as that cricket final a few months ago which nearly finished me off!
It was a very entertaining first half. First team I've really seen get in the All Blacks faces and pressure them relentlessly. Hopefully Wales get through that would be a good final

Never been, when are you going?
Hah already in Amsterdam. I’ve been traversing Europe for last six and a half weeks. Am in Amsterdam for the Ajax/Feyenoord game coincidentally but it’s so hard to get a ticket. Very interesting city with their canals and housing. Apparently the government and the locals are trying to start cleaning up the area and get rid of the red light district but can’t see it happening.

will be in Prague and Vienna over next week or so and possibility of Turin as Juve play Milan so if I can score a ticket I’ll head there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back