undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Check your balls, dudes.

Have had a nervous 72 hours or so - found a hard lump on my left testicle the other day. Booked with my GP the next day, who sent me straight to imaging to have an ultrasound.

Results have come back saying it's benign. Can not express my relief enough. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Check your balls, dudes.

Have had a nervous 72 hours or so - found a hard lump on my left testicle the other day. Booked with my GP the next day, who sent me straight to imaging to have an ultrasound.

Results have come back saying it's benign. Can not express my relief enough. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Relieved for you.

--

We found out last week my dad has only months to live even with chemo. It's been a pretty shitty six weeks.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Relieved for you.

--

We found out last week my dad has only months to live even with chemo. It's been a pretty shitty six weeks.
Man, that's absolutely terrible news. I'm so, so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your dad and your family. My inbox is always open if you need a soundboard.

* cancer.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Man, that's absolutely terrible news. I'm so, so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your dad and your family. My inbox is always open if you need a soundboard.

fu** cancer.
Sorry to learn this Cruyffy. Wishing you and your family well over this very difficult time
Thank you both.

There is nothing anybody can do, it's life and the hand we are dealt. Need to enjoy the time we've got left and make the most of it.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Morbid as it sounds but we are all only here very briefly so as cliched as it sounds it’s important to try to make every moment count. Of course in reality that is impossible, but losing a loved one always brings these kind of thoughts into sharp focus. The sadness though is eventually replaced with just the positive memories you shared with that person. That’s my take on it but it’s very difficult to find the right words. We are all here for you Cruyffy if you need to talk ❤️

Broke my MacBook Air screen last night and have rang a few repair places this morning and they’re all quoting me around $1000. Is that about right? Seems silly because I might as well just get a new one if that’s the case. Unfortunately the warranty is expired and I don’t have Apple care.

Sounds about right unfortunately.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Yeah I've still got mine from 2012 running okay. All it can handle is Football Manager but that's all I use it for.

Iphones on the other hand....

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Check your balls, dudes.

Happened to me too 10 years ago. It was cancer, had it removed, got chemo and all was good in the end. Hearing you've got cancer is a terrifying experience. I'm so grateful that was the last bad news I got in the whole process - everything that followed was good news.

I think 1 in 250 men get testicular cancer in their life. Seems like a lot if you look around in a football stadium and think there are probably a good number of ball brothers around you. I think Craig Moore had it as well around the time I had it.

Good thing you had it checked immediately. Even if it would've been cancer, as a guy it is the cancer you want, because it takes longer for it to spread to other parts of your body. It's more dangerous for guys under 25, not sure why. And also, losing a testicle has had no long term effects on my life at all. I've noticed many people don't really know about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back