The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How many in the media and twitter are lauding it, and how many are crying foul?

I don't know, my guess is that the people you'd expect to like it liked it and the people you wouldn't didn't.

I think Bill Burr hit the nail on the head on this a couple of years ago.

I didn't find it that edgy or saw it as him "sticking it to the elite" because at the end of the day that's what he was hired to do. The elite hired him to do that. I just liked it because it was a good stand up set with some funny quips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know, my guess is that the people you'd expect to like it liked it and the people you wouldn't didn't.

I think Bill Burr hit the nail on the head on this a couple of years ago.

I didn't find it that edgy or saw it as him "sticking it to the elite" because at the end of the day that's what he was hired to do. The elite hired him to do that. I just liked it because it was a good stand up set with some funny quips.

Yep 100%. And it's why I'm skeptical he won't do it again because he likes the money.

But hang on, doesn't that make him a hypocrite in the eyes of WR and his crew? Taking money from these elite while criticising them for taking money? Eh whatever.

Calling someone a “nonce” is just a generic abusive term, it’s almost never used literally. Obviously I don’t actually believe SM is a pedo it was just a way of telling him to stfu for being a dick. Fair enough though for copping the ban no problem with that. But SM does actually believe I’m racist so quite how he gets away with doing personal abuse and being immune from getting days off is beyond me. And calling someone racist is a far more personal and damaging slight then just calling out someone as a nonce when no one takes that word literally

What is cancel culture? Never heard of that term before.
If someone does something bad enough, cancel culture dictates that they should be boycotted.

I think.
I don't subscribe to it really.

Yep 100%. And it's why I'm skeptical he won't do it again because he likes the money.

But hang on, doesn't that make him a hypocrite in the eyes of WR and his crew? Taking money from these elite while criticising them for taking money? Eh whatever.
Money doesn’t have anything to do with it. His criticisms were of them preaching to the masses whilst being among the most privileged people in society. It was also levelled at their hypocrisy on Climate Change, Diversity and host of other factors the establishment judge people on and of course let’s not forget how repulsive figures like Harvey Weinstein can operate for so long without being exposed. How anyone can not applaud Gervais for what he did is baffling.

If someone does something bad enough, cancel culture dictates that they should be boycotted.

I think.
I don't subscribe to it really.

Thanks. Didn’t even know that was a thing.

289238.jpg

Money doesn’t have anything to do with it. His criticisms were of them preaching to the masses whilst being among the most privileged people in society. It was also levelled at their hypocrisy on Climate Change, Diversity and host of other factors the establishment judge people on and of course let’s not forget how repulsive figures like Harvey Weinstein can operate for so long without being exposed. How anyone can not applaud Gervais for what he did is baffling.
Ricky also realises he’s a massive hypocrite using Netflix to produce his new show etc. He’s not an idiot

Probably because IT WAS A BIT.

Ricky also realises he’s a massive hypocrite using Netflix to produce his new show etc. He’s not an idiot
Yeah good point. He knows he’s flawed, but he knows we are all flawed in some way. That’s how he can get away with what he’s saying I reckon. It’s people who think they are perfect in their beliefs and everything they say and do that he goes after. I know the posters in here that he would cut down to size that’s for sure

Yeah good point. He knows he’s flawed, but he knows we are all flawed in some way. That’s how he can get away with what he’s saying I reckon. It’s people who think they are perfect in their beliefs and everything they say and do that he goes after. I know the posters in here that he would cut down to size that’s for sure
He’s a genius and yeah, people know what his humour is like, yet it’s still hilarious.

People know what kind of show Game of Thrones is, killing off main characters with ease, yet still enjoy the show despite it losing its shock value. Same thing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back