The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youd be more knowledgeable than me on this, do all artists that make comebacks flunk like is being said? Can't think off the top of my head if that's the case

Did I say that?

It is if it negatively impacts on your perception of the old music, which can happen. Same with remakes/sequels to movies.

It was a joke mimicing his own reaction. He's not a skeptic but you've made him your Denial God.
Lol you only don’t want him coming back here because he made a complete mockery of your argument.

Lol you only don’t want him coming back here because he made a complete mockery of your argument.

Yes.. that's why I'm enjoying your constant attempts to defer to someone whose argument you don't even seem to comprehend.

Haha! Good one. A bit like you with Loonerty then...

I don't think I've once suggested I can't hold my own and need Loonerty to hold my hand for me. You on the other hand..

I don't think I've once suggested I can't hold my own and need Loonerty to hold my hand for me. You on the other hand..
That’s because I’m honest and am aware of any limitations I have, where as you are just a bluffer and a chancer who has a sociopathic tendency to always be right

That’s because I’m honest and am aware of any limitations I have, where as you are just a bluffer and a chancer who has a sociopathic tendency to always be right

You aren't aware of anything, you blunder through this thread offering vague, bad takes on things, and when presented with a counter point of view either shut down as you did until I called you out, or claim that your mind's made up, betraying your inability to ever consider an alternate point of view. It's a sad life you seem to live but if your mind's made up then good for you. I guess we won't need your input on any discussions as we can just book mark this and refer to it if it's required.

You aren't aware of anything, you blunder through this thread offering vague, bad takes on things, and when presented with a counter point of view either shut down as you did until I called you out, or claim that your mind's made up, betraying your inability to ever consider an alternate point of view. It's a sad life you seem to live but if your mind's made up then good for you. I guess we won't need your input on any discussions as we can just book mark this and refer to it if it's required.
When was the last time you genuinely changed your mind on something? Like a 180 on it?

Youd be more knowledgeable than me on this, do all artists that make comebacks flunk like is being said? Can't think off the top of my head if that's the case
I'm not entirely sure.

Though The Killers went on a hiatus and their comeback album was pretty well received, and the tour for that album supports it.

I'm sure some of flunked, and others have succeeded.

Climate change is probably a good example.
How long ago was that? Was you in complete denial or just hadn’t really given it a lot of thought?

I’m not making any promises but I might go and do some research in the coming months and give myself a properly informed opinion on it, see if it changes my mind. As I have said I’m not completely in one camp or the other, but if push cane to shove I’m probably more on the skeptic side. That’s probably a lot to do with my nature though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not entirely sure.

Though The Killers went on a hiatus and their comeback album was pretty well received, and the tour for that album supports it.

I'm sure some of flunked, and others have succeeded.
Apparently the new Who album is pretty good. Can’t imagine it be anything near as good as something like Quadrophenia but it’s supposed to be a lot better than anything they’ve done since Keith Moon died

How long ago was that? Was you in complete denial or just hadn’t really given it a lot of thought?

I’m not making any promises but I might go and do some research in the coming months and give myself a properly informed opinion on it, see if it changes my mind. As I have said I’m not completely in one camp or the other, but if push cane to shove I’m probably more on the skeptic side. That’s probably a lot to do with my nature though

I had read a number of sources that lead me to believe that the warming of the Earth was cyclical, and that if anything the world's system was self-correcting, and thus man's impact was minimal. This was supported by the highlighting of Gore's falsified evidence in An Inconvenient Truth, the 'hockey stick' fiasco and other flaws in scientific evidence. The line of argument pushed that the early/mid-00s was a naturally warming period in long term cycles of warming, and that we would experience cooling temperatures through the latter part of the 2010s. That did not occur, and so my thinking has changed along with further reading on the subject.

The thing is, generally when I make up my mind on something, I like to actually do a bit of research first, and by research I don't mean random people on Youtube, I mean verified sources.

Recently I have rewatched Breaking Bad, which is the 3rd time watching the series. So imagine how surprised I was when I finally caught Bill Burr’s name on the credits for one of the episodes. I genuinely had no idea he was one of the actors and I have watched enough of his standup comedy to know what he looks like.

Also I have started another rewatch of Better Call Saul. I must admit that I wasn’t a fan of it the first time I watched it but this second time around it’s changed my view of it. I probably just needed to watch it back to back with BB to appreciate it more. Can’t wait for season 5 next month.

Why’s that? So we can become bums that don’t work, scrounge of the state whilst suffering from mild paranoia to full blown schizophrenia?

Hey look something we agree on.

I had read a number of sources that lead me to believe that the warming of the Earth was cyclical, and that if anything the world's system was self-correcting, and thus man's impact was minimal. This was supported by the highlighting of Gore's falsified evidence in An Inconvenient Truth, the 'hockey stick' fiasco and other flaws in scientific evidence. The line of argument pushed that the early/mid-00s was a naturally warming period in long term cycles of warming, and that we would experience cooling temperatures through the latter part of the 2010s. That did not occur, and so my thinking has changed along with further reading on the subject.

The thing is, generally when I make up my mind on something, I like to actually do a bit of research first, and by research I don't mean random people on Youtube, I mean verified sources.
Verified sources can be found on both sides of the argument mate, this is the difficulty with it. It’s not a black and white issue, and if you believe it is then you’ve only researched one side.

A lot of the climate predictions that have been forecast have already not come through. A piece in the Guardian some years ago predicted that London would be underwater by 2020. There’s countless other of these predictions that were either seriously exaggerated or outright false information

Why’s that? So we can become bums that don’t work, scrounge of the state whilst suffering from mild paranoia to full blown schizophrenia?
Managed straight 6s at Law school while working 20 hours p/w. Smoked most days. Sure it's not exactly conducive to productivity but maaaan, it's definitely not the route-one gateway to welfare abuse you're making it out to be. Anyway, my comment was in jest.
Hey look something we agree on.
My plan worked.

Verified sources can be found on both sides of the argument mate, this is the difficulty with it. It’s not a black and white issue, and if you believe it is then you’ve only researched one side.

A lot of the climate predictions that have been forecast have already not come through. A piece in the Guardian some years ago predicted that London would be underwater by 2020. There’s countless other of these predictions that were either seriously exaggerated or outright false information
Did you read my post? I said I read verified sources who supported your point of view..

I also literally cited examples of wild exaggeration by climate change scientists and spokespeople.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back