The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is that a grope at the beginning?
A group of male policemen shouldn't need that level of force for one woman.

I bet she could take any of those “men” down in a fair fight. They’d be cowering after the first baton strike.

Struggling to get my head around police departments across the US deciding the best way to respond to protests against unnecessary police brutality is more unnecessary police brutality.

Struggling to get my head around police departments across the US deciding the best way to respond to protests against unnecessary police brutality is more unnecessary police brutality.
Police Union's are a big part of the problem also, refuse to consider any type of reform. There is a really good thread about this issue I was reading yesterday.

The “pigs” term for cops really does fit. It’s basically not even an insult anymore, the word truly fits.
So uh the whole Buffalo Emergency group is now standing down in solidarity because they think the 2 officers are being scapegoated for following orders. Wow.

So uh the whole Buffalo Emergency group is now standing down in solidarity because they think the 2 officers are being scapegoated for following orders. Wow.

When the President says...

... is an entire unit resigning in support for a cop getting suspended for pushing an orderly man over surprising?

What I saw was a 75 year old man going up to two cops and was having a conversation and whilst talking with his hands, whatever he was holding (a mobile) brushed one of their arms. And they both pushed him over. Yeah, what an agitator.

One of the replies to one of the videos I saw was “They were both in the wrong. The man never should have touched the cop.” How’s that for blaming the victim? Disgusting from a member of the public.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what the end game of these protests are.

Is it just to get the issue out there in the public domain? Is BLM looking for reforms of police, schools, criminal law, government etc?

Just seems that we've had this sort of outrage before, and these sort of protests before and I'm not sure a lot has changed. Changing the attitudes of some police is going to take generations. I just wonder what can be done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back