Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
This movie is so, so good and everyone I talk to has never heard of it or seen it.

Intense is the right word. Such a great watch. Really makes you think what would you do in that situation etc...
Yeah, bloody hell. Awesome film. Bloody loved it.

Me and the Mrs were on edge for most of the film. Great film/

Haha o viously but hebdidnt lose the match did he he was disqualified which technically I guess is a loss. Just strange to he disqualified. He obvs didn't mean to hit the linesperson.

No technically about it, he's out because he breached regulations.

If you kick the ball at a ref in soccer you get sent off, no?

Or another player.

Fabregas vs West Brom.
What a cross!

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Haha o viously but hebdidnt lose the match did he he was disqualified which technically I guess is a loss. Just strange to he disqualified. He obvs didn't mean to hit the linesperson.

No, I am sure that he didn’t mean to injure the lady but after 2 decades in this sport, I am sure that Djokovic knows the positioning of the lines people at all times. Hell, Djokovic would have been given new balls from the same woman so it’s not like he didn’t know where she was standing and when the point finished up, it’s not like the lines people run off the court, she was standing right in the same position that she had been standing in all match. It was just plain and simply stupid from Djokovic

Only if you go full Laurent Robert.

No, I am sure that he didn’t mean to injure the lady but after 2 decades in this sport, I am sure that Djokovic knows the positioning of the lines people at all times. Hell, Djokovic would have been given new balls from the same woman so it’s not like he didn’t know where she was standing and when the point finished up, it’s not like the lines people run off the court, she was standing right in the same position that she had been standing in all match. It was just plain and simply stupid from Djokovic

Only if you go full Laurent Robert.

If you kick a ball at a ref when it's not in play then you will absolutely get a red. It's the intent if nothing else.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
If you kick a ball at a ref when it's not in play then you will absolutely get a red. It's the intent if nothing else.

Its probably really rare but I am sure a player would be red carded if they do that. Players are carded for a lot less, like kicking the ball away.

Its probably really rare but I am sure a player would be red carded if they do that. Players are carded for a lot less, like kicking the ball away.

Yeah exactly and it's pretty rare in tennis to hit a ball at a linesman but Djoko did it and suffered the consequences. He has priors too and has always been an arrogant prick about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yeah exactly and it's pretty rare in tennis to hit a ball at a linesman but Djoko did it and suffered the consequences. He has priors too and has always been an arrogant prick about it.

The way he walked off the court by going to shake the female officials hand as she had sat back in her chair and then made a gesture with his hand that he was brushing her off came off as incredibly arrogant. She probably didn’t pay him the attention he wanted and wasn’t even looking at him. Her main concern was the linesperson he had just injured and if Djokovic felt ignored, well, tough s**t.

Yeah but it wasn't on purpose so I thought there would be leeway there. I don't care either way im not a Djokovic fan.

Again, he has priors so I don't think you can say confidently whether it was or wasn't on purpose.

3228DA4A-48DE-4430-ACC3-3E892C2B916B.jpeg

Goshaa

🏆🏆
Jul 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

From a few years ago. I hope next time a player is asked the same question, the other media in the room can pull their heads in. They were literally laughing with Djokovic as if it was a stupid question.

He’s so unlikeable.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Im sure I remember SAF once saying RVP couldve been killed from the ball being booted at him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back