The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strongly believe that a competent opposition should be holding this government to account, and laying bare their repeated inadequacies, but this a bit grubby. Using the unfortunate among us that have died due to this virus as a political point scoring prop is a low point in politics.

Strongly believe that a competent opposition should be holding this government to account, and laying bare their repeated inadequacies, but this a bit grubby. Using the unfortunate among us that have died due to this virus as a political point scoring prop is a low point in politics.

Thoughts on the above tweet?

It was Peta Credlin.
1. Not sure what the link between state LNP being classless has to do with your tweet.
2. Why I need to have a view on that tweet (ambiguous reference).
3. What it is she has said or done.

I work in a fast paced non-stop role, So miss most of what goes on during the day.

So, what exactly has happened...

1. Not sure what the link between state LNP being classless has to do with your tweet.
2. Why I need to have a view on that tweet (ambiguous reference).
3. What it is she has said or done.

I work in a fast paced non-stop role, So miss most of what goes on during the day.

So, what exactly has happened...
Alright Diana.
giphy.gif

Alright Diana.
giphy.gif
Top notch discourse as always.

When you ask someone for a view on something and the reply is they’re not totally sure what you are referring to then explaining it would allow the discussion to continue.

As it stands, my only thought on today’s events is that it was grubby to use the dead as a political pawn.

Top notch discourse as always.

When you ask someone for a view on something and the reply is they’re not totally sure what you are referring to then explaining it would allow the discussion to continue.

As it stands, my only thought on today’s events is that it was grubby to use the dead as a political pawn.
I thought it'd be quite clear what I was referring to but I'll spell it out.

You have been most vocal about your displeasure with Daniel Andrews, the Victorian Labor Premier, in particular with the handling of the hotel quarantine and the case numbers in Victoria.
However it has come to light that the list of security providers given to the Victorian government was from the Federal Government (might have to check this fully) and the security personnel were given federal-run training (stated by Peta Credlin who would never willingly state that).
On top of that, the devastation that has hit aged care facilities are largely hitting those that are federally run.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it'd be quite clear what I was referring to but I'll spell it out.

You have been most vocal about your displeasure with Daniel Andrews, the Victorian Labor Premier, in particular with the handling of the hotel quarantine and the case numbers in Victoria.
However it has come to light that the list of security providers given to the Victorian government was from the Federal Government (might have to check this fully) and the security personnel were given federal-run training (stated by Peta Credlin who would never willingly state that).
On top of that, the devastation that has hit aged care facilities are largely hitting those that are federally run.

Thoughts?
Hardly clear based off that tweet. Especially given Gladys is trending today. Got a link or direct quote for that?

As stated, I don’t get time during the day to keep abreast of news.

If this really was all the fault of the federal government then we wouldn’t have an inquiry that has seen his Health Minister resign before being pushed and now his right hand man do the same. Doubt they will be the last. I don’t think anyone walks away from this squeaky clean.

If Credlin can get the answers then she can turn up to his presser every day for all I care. But if you think some reference from Credlin absolves this government of blame you are mistaken.

stop by and say hi sometime.
makes the day go quicker that’s for sure.

using covid deaths as a political point

Like the Republicans have, you mean?

Criticising inaction or failings isn't "using the deaths as a political point" it's holding them to account.

Like the Republicans have, you mean?

Criticising inaction or failings isn't "using the deaths as a political point" it's holding them to account.

where have the majority of deaths occurred?

is Scott Morrison and the LNP being held responsible, or the State Government overseeing the state?

where have the majority of deaths occurred?

is Scott Morrison and the LNP being held responsible, or the State Government overseeing the state?
Have the Democrats had a photo opp with 200,000 tiny US flags?

do you feel the same with the Democratic Party in the US?
Slightly different distinction.

I think arguing that your opponent’s inaction or ineptitude has caused covid deaths is one thing, but a public display like today is crass.

Slightly different distinction.

I think arguing that your opponent’s inaction or ineptitude has caused covid deaths is one thing, but a public display like today is crass.

as opposed to Biden saying, during the debate, anyone who has an empty seat at the table, it is the GOP’s fault.

i don’t have a dog in the fight here, just interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back