The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what the trade in values would be as I assumed they would be rubbish.https://press-start.com.au/news/playstation/2020/09/17/eb-games-ps5-trade-deals-are-really-good/

Those are actually great. I wasn’t expecting that at all.

I have a PS2 to trade.

Oh I don't doubt it. But are most people actually laying the blame squarely at Andrews?

Not sure about squarely, however in times like this people do find it comforting/necessary (from a psychological standpoint) to pin the blame on someone.

He is very much in the crosshairs, just going by the growing restlessness of friends/colleagues who are becoming increasingly vocal about it all. Invariably the conversation gets directed towards venting at him.

The reports of populace revolt is the scary part. Means that some have reached their breaking point.

Only so long can they constrain the movements of millions without light at the end of the tunnel. Freedom of movement and economically.

It’s already starting to happen I feel. The restrictions are being stretched and flaunted from what I see around me. Just on the weekend at the park I take the little ones too, there was a birthday party happening. Would’ve been 40+ people there, all outdoors over a large area.

Overheard someone to say to another friend something like “oh what a coincidence you’re here at the same time we are” (in a sarcastic kind of way). I sense it’s just going to continue to happen as the frustrations mount.

Not sure about squarely, however in times like this people do find it comforting/necessary (from a psychological standpoint) to pin the blame on someone.

He is very much in the crosshairs, just going by the growing restlessness of friends/colleagues who are becoming increasingly vocal about it all. Invariably the conversation gets directed towards venting at him.

It’s already starting to happen I feel. The restrictions are being stretched and flaunted from what I see around me. Just on the weekend at the park I take the little ones too, there was a birthday party happening. Would’ve been 40+ people there, all outdoors over a large area.

Overheard someone to say to another friend something like “oh what a coincidence you’re here at the same time we are” (in a sarcastic kind of way). I sense it’s just going to continue to happen as the frustrations mount.

Not sure the restrictions are tenable with spring coming. Melbourne Cup BBQ's etc. Its time the focus was switched to heavily isolating positive cases and close contacts instead of locking down 5 million people.

I have seen lockdown destroy the marriage and a business of a good friend and send him into a severe depression. Its just not worth continuing in its current state.

Not sure the restrictions are tenable with spring coming. Melbourne Cup BBQ's etc. Its time the focus was switched to heavily isolating positive cases and close contacts instead of locking down 5 million people.

I have seen lockdown destroy the marriage and a business of a good friend and send him into a severe depression. Its just not worth continuing in its current state.
The prolonged lockdown has essentially put people’s lives on pause.

Careers in limbo or in tatters, savings diminished, many small businesses on the brink.

Rural Vic fed up with having to participate in regulations from events almost exclusively in Melbourne. Think the whole state is fed up with it now, and the longer it drags on the more the state government will be held to blame.

I do wonder how many will flee Victoria and move to QLD, I’ll be honest it’s crossed my mind, I’m at the point of being fed up here in Vic, the fact family is here is enough pull to keep me here.

The prolonged lockdown has essentially put people’s lives on pause.

Careers in limbo or in tatters, savings diminished, many small businesses on the brink.

Rural Vic fed up with having to participate in regulations from events almost exclusively in Melbourne. Think the whole state is fed up with it now, and the longer it drags on the more the state government will be held to blame.

Read that WHO are now saying lockdowns are not the most effective way to combat the virus.

Somethings gotta change soon.

Yes the mental health toll is already huge, and will continue sadly. Feel for a lot of small businesses, noticing so many shops/offices/cafes etc near where we live that were once thriving but are now vacant with a for lease sign up on their window. This is not sustainable.

Yes the mental health toll is already huge, and will continue sadly. Feel for a lot of small businesses, noticing so many shops/offices/cafes etc near where we live that were once thriving but are now vacant with a for lease sign up on their window. This is not sustainable.

Yes it is Glenn. Best wishes to you and your family. My two primary school age kids were thrilled to be back today (as was I). Singing is banned though!

I see that even the WHO are changing their views on lockdown being the best way to tackle the virus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WHO saying lockdown is no longer effective. Time to gradually phase it out Dan.
WHO haven't exactly been top shelf with their handling of the pandemic either though. And their full statement actually said it shouldn't be the only tool used

WHO haven't exactly been top shelf with their handling of the pandemic either though. And their full statement actually said it shouldn't be the only tool used

Of course, it is pretty clear that severe lockdowns dont work by themselves.

The two best results from COVID were Sth Korea & Taiwan. 2 nations that didnt exact severe lockdowns.

The two best results from COVID were Sth Korea & Taiwan. 2 nations that didnt exact severe lockdowns.
Lockdowns serve a great purpose to get control of the situation.

It really shouldn't need to be in place for months like it has in Victoria. But a 2 week second lockdown for 1 city here worked perfectly. Within 10 days of fully opening back up Auckland there'll be a safe election and nearly 50k at the rugby this weekend.

Those countries also have a largely respectful and compliant population, the latter of which know all too well the power of infectious disease.

Contract tracing, among other mitigation strategies, didn't work - this lockdown is a last resort, really; which the WHO implied is the right step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back