Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Oh. Bloody Libs! haha
I was actually expecting a full lockdown so no I wouldn't have been pissed off if that had happened. It was all dependent on whether those small clusters grew, and they didn't. Our track and trace has been fantastic but she's not getting praise for the same reason a lot (not all) are criticising Andrews.
Just cos you wouldn't have been it doesn't mean the general population would have agreed with you.

I note what you have said though.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
But what about the people they interacted with? They may have touched something. Someone else may have touched the same surface and contracted covid. Could have gotten out into the community. Why was there no stage 4 lockdown nationwide? Surely it would have been better safe than sorry right?
They were being forced to self-isolate and provide a negative test before they could leave. And any people living with them also. If there had of been a case come out of T4 I'm sure the other states would have acted very swiftly to stamp it out.

Oh. Bloody Libs! haha

Just cos you wouldn't have been it doesn't mean the general population would have agreed with you.

I note what you have said though.
Reckon most were pretty grateful for the efforts to avoid a full lockdown over the holiday period.

They were being forced to self-isolate and provide a negative test before they could leave. And any people living with them also. If there had of been a case come out of T4 I'm sure the other states would have acted very swiftly to stamp it out.
But not by going into full state lockdown.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

By then people had already travelled though. Even before the cluster here was announced.

Really the whole country should have been locked down if one were to fully utilise the "better safe than sorry" mantra used to justify the latest vic snap lockdown.

Should've clarified - not full lockdown but under restrictions not to leave area.
Are we talking about over Christmas? I don't even remember that being the rule. We just brought in mandatory masks and couldn't go to certain venues.

I mean I traveled up to the Blue Mountains the weekend after Christmas and that was allowed.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
By then people had already travelled though. Even before the cluster here was announced.

Really the whole country should have been locked down if one were to fully utilise the "better safe than sorry" mantra used to justify the latest vic snap lockdown.
They travelled on the Sunday and it was announced on the what Thursday? So 4 days out in the public. They were told to produce a negative test before they could stop self-isolating. If they had have produced a positive test then it becomes a problem who they have interacted with and contact tracing would begin and either a snap lockdown happens if they've been in many places or if they haven't they contain it.

Are we talking about over Christmas? I don't even remember that being the rule. We just brought in mandatory masks and couldn't go to certain venues.

I mean I traveled up to the Blue Mountains the weekend after Christmas and that was allowed.
Pretty sure it was the case. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Think there was something to do with the greater sydney area because i had mates have to drive from QLD to VIC the long way to avoid it

That was borders closing, nothing within NSW itself.

That was borders closing, nothing within NSW itself.
Yeah, that was Vic's traffic light zone system.
People drove the long way to avoid going through orange or red and having to isolate on arrival in Vic.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yeah, that was Vic's traffic light zone system.
People drove the long way to avoid going through orange or red and having to isolate on arrival in Vic.
Was the other way too I think. Because the issue was more going back through Queensland on the Vic-QLD return leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back