The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if the traffic matched what they would have gotten from Facebook.

I guess so, I know I'd rarely if ever actually click on news.com articles or whoever that would pop up on FB, but now if I want to read the news I actually have to go to a news site. And in fairness I usually sit with the AFR open in the background most days so I do that already. Alternatively like was suggested earlier you can just use other platforms like Twitter.

The fact News Corp has made a deal with Google (as have Nine) makes me wonder if this isn't an attempt to push out the smaller outlets.

Pedestrian (one of the smaller outlets) have also done a deal with Google though.

I guess so, I know I'd rarely if ever actually click on news.com articles or whoever that would pop up on FB, but now if I want to read the news I actually have to go to a news site. And in fairness I usually sit with the AFR open in the background most days so I do that already. Alternatively like was suggested earlier you can just use other platforms like Twitter.
Sometimes clickbait gets me.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
1613694622698.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Helps when people do the right thing. Had they have increased the number of exposure sites would they go back into lockdown?

“One member of the household, who was not at the Holiday Inn, was considered a secondary contact, and had been isolating with the family … all have been quarantined at home during their infectious periods.”

He said interviews were continuing today with the family.

“We thank the family for ... being isolated throughout their entire infectious period” Mr Foley said.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Helps when people do the right thing. Had they have increased the number of exposure sites would they go back into lockdown?

“One member of the household, who was not at the Holiday Inn, was considered a secondary contact, and had been isolating with the family … all have been quarantined at home during their infectious periods.”

He said interviews were continuing today with the family.

“We thank the family for ... being isolated throughout their entire infectious period” Mr Foley said.

There ain't gonna be another lockdown unless unknown covid cases pop up.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Anyone else an NBA fan ?

I think Giannis aka the Greek Freak is really overrated, despite being coached by a bum and not great supporting cast.
Yeah I don't think he'll win a title as the main man. Could be wrong if he went somewhere with a bit more support. But I just see the regular season hype so easily stopped in finals

Vic going back into lockdown?
Dan spun his wheel and this time it came up no lockdown.
Mildura and Wodonga to announce any day now their intention to defect to NSW.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Anyone else an NBA fan ?

I think Giannis aka the Greek Freak is really overrated, despite being coached by a bum and not great supporting cast.

He is probably not worth that contract he signed. $45M a year, wow.

North American sports contracts are crazy. The other day the San Diego Padres signed one of their young players, Fernando Tatis Jr, to a 14 year, $340M contract. His 14 year contract comes to an end one year before Bobby Bonilla’s contracts with the New York Mets ends. Bobby Bonilla retired in 2001 lol.

Last edited:

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC

North American sports contracts are crazy. The other day the San Diego Padres signed one of their young players, Fernando Tatis Jr, to a 14 year, $340M contract. His 14 year contract comes to an end one year before Bobby Bonilla’s contracts with the New York Mets ends. Bobby Bonilla retired in 2001 lol.
I'm a long time Chicago White Sox fan and I remember them trading Tatis for James ******* Shields who was well past his prime at that point, what a god awful trade that was.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I'm a long time Chicago White Sox fan and I remember them trading Tatis for James ******* Shields who was well past his prime at that point, what a god awful trade that was.

Holy s**t yeah. One of the worst trades there has ever been. The White Sox have built such a good young roster than still having Tatis Jr would have been ridiculous.

Apr 14, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal

He is worth more like all the NBA superstars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back