1081C02B-F9D3-47DD-8022-45131D515522.jpeg

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Auckland going into a 7-day lockdown over one community case again. jd2010 what are New Zealanders thoughts on Jacinda's elimination strategy and going into lockdown every time a case appears?
Generally pretty behind it. The frustration here is very directed at the individuals that have let the "team of 5m" down. 3 day lockdown appeared to stamp it out and case numbers have been low to 0 each day. But this latest case also from the school didn't get it off their sibling who attends the school since they're negative, so it's assumed it's more widespread than first thought.

Of the 13 cases so far 8 are either full time or casual workers. 3 of the 8 have gone to work when they should have been self isolating and then this latest one went to the gym right after getting the test on Friday. The latest case also barely uses the contact tracing app and can only remember 4 locations they've been to this week, 2 of which are highly populated. I'd be surprised if the numbers early this week aren't high, luck hopefully strikes thrice and it isn't the case but a 7 day lockdown seems like the only way to guarantee normality again.

There's a little bit of frustration that smaller borders within the Auckland region can't be locked down with police patrols. But since the case was at a uni that people from out of South Auckland do attend that wouldn't solve anything.

Generally pretty behind it. The frustration here is very directed at the individuals that have let the "team of 5m" down. 3 day lockdown appeared to stamp it out and case numbers have been low to 0 each day. But this latest case also from the school didn't get it off their sibling who attends the school since they're negative, so it's assumed it's more widespread than first thought.

Of the 13 cases so far 8 are either full time or casual workers. 3 of the 8 have gone to work when they should have been self isolating and then this latest one went to the gym right after getting the test on Friday. The latest case also barely uses the contact tracing app and can only remember 4 locations they've been to this week, 2 of which are highly populated. I'd be surprised if the numbers early this week aren't high, luck hopefully strikes thrice and it isn't the case but a 7 day lockdown seems like the only way to guarantee normality again.

There's a little bit of frustration that smaller borders within the Auckland region can't be locked down with police patrols. But since the case was at a uni that people from out of South Auckland do attend that wouldn't solve anything.

You've had cases caused by shipping containers haven't you? Who is 'letting the team down' then?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
King James 1 Zlatan 0

It’s just the same message: “shut up and dribble”, that LeBron has had directed to him for many years. I do somewhat enjoy how uncomfortable people get (generally middle aged white men) from his activism and others like Lewis Hamilton etc. I find it fascinating to watch.

Loved the comment back to Zlatan, great response.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
You've had cases caused by shipping containers haven't you? Who is 'letting the team down' then?
In the past it was. Another time through poor hotel filtration. This time around it was from an airport cleaner of airlines crew gear to a school kid. This is another unlucky case of it getting in. But the team's been let down by rules not being followed and a yoyo in lockdowns 2 weeks after the first outbreak. Every other time people listened and it was over and done with easily

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
It’s just the same message: “shut up and dribble”, that LeBron has had directed to him for many years. I do somewhat enjoy how uncomfortable people get (generally middle aged white men) from his activism and others like Lewis Hamilton etc. I find it fascinating to watch.

Loved the comment back to Zlatan, great response.
You’d think Zlatan would understand having talked about the racism he endured being in Sweden.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Latest with our lockdown. Case M which threw us into the lockdown having been at uni and a busy supermarket when infectious was a close contact of family #2 from the school cases D-H. His mother who became case N had been for a walk with one of the cases E-H whilst E-H were meant to be under strict isolation because case D lived in their house. The family was due to be sent to a MIQ later that day

Had the authorities been notified at the time of investigating cases D-I case M and N would have been sent to the MIQ hotel and not been at uni or the supermarket last week.

System is built around honesty and trust. These 2 families have cost the NZ economy an estimated $440m this week

EDIT: turns out case M the uni student isn't the culprit but more the mothers of the two families who went for a walk the morning of family #2 being told to isolate at home before they were sent to an MIQ facility.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Just got this baby this afternoon

images

I am so wired for this, one of the very best season's in Doctor Who history, certainly shits on any of the vastly overrated David Tennant crap.

Roger Delgado will always be the greatest Master, even though I liked Michelle Gomez and Sacha Dhawan too (Ainley was too much of a ham)

Gotta fill the void with no Leeds till Tuesday.

Just got this baby this afternoon

images

I am so wired for this, one of the very best season's in Doctor Who history, certainly shits on any of the vastly overrated David Tennant crap.

Roger Delgado will always be the greatest Master, even though I liked Michelle Gomez and Sacha Dhawan too (Ainley was too much of a ham)

Gotta fill the void with no Leeds till Tuesday.

You seen some of the promo trailers they've done for this stuff? They had Mel and the Seventh Doctor record a new scene for instance.

Just finished a binge from 3-8 and now doing New Who with the wife. She's come around hard on Pertwee being the best ever Doctor.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
You seen some of the promo trailers they've done for this stuff? They had Mel and the Seventh Doctor record a new scene for instance.

Just finished a binge from 3-8 and now doing New Who with the wife. She's come around hard on Pertwee being the best ever Doctor.

Yeah the Mel trailer is awesome. Love it.

My favourite one so far is Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant being put on Trial again :)

He is not my favourite Doctor, but I think Pertwee had by far the most consistent run of stories in his run, which is impressive cause he only did 2 less season's than Tom Baker.

Even my least favourite Petwee Story, The Mutants, has a lot going for it.

Think it was the true golden age of Doctor Who tbh

Yeah the Mel trailer is awesome. Love it.

My favourite one so far is Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant being put on Trial again :)

He is not my favourite Doctor, but I think Pertwee had by far the most consistent run of stories in his run, which is impressive cause he only did 2 less season's than Tom Baker.

Even my least favourite Petwee Story, The Mutants, has a lot going for it.

Think it was the true golden age of Doctor Who tbh

Think I missed that one, will have to check it out.

Who's your favourite Doctor then? I think Tom Baker is actually pretty overrated. Had a few brilliant seasons but then the quality nosedives over the second half of his run.

Tennant on this re-watch is definitely overrated. Only like his Donna season.

Ecclestone is fantastic.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Think I missed that one, will have to check it out.

Who's your favourite Doctor then? I think Tom Baker is actually pretty overrated. Had a few brilliant seasons but then the quality nosedives over the second half of his run.

Tennant on this re-watch is definitely overrated. Only like his Donna season.

Ecclestone is fantastic.

Colin Baker/Sixth Doctor (irs on the Trial of a Time Lord boxset)

I know he is fandom's least favourite Doctor but he was my first and I have always enjoyed his persona the most, plus I met him in Sydney at a con in 2001, and had a few beers with him in the lobby, terrific bloke who shook my hand when I told him he was my favourite Doctor 😭😭😭

Matt Smith is now my 2nd favourite Doctor (certainly my favourite New Series Doctor)

Big fan of the Moffat era and I am one of the few fans who actually like the Whittaker/Chibnall era.

Really hoping more missing episodes and stories turn up. The Enemy of the World is now my favourite Troughton story, it is so brilliantly acted and directed.

Colin Baker/Sixth Doctor (irs on the Trial of a Time Lord boxset)

I know he is fandom's least favourite Doctor but he was my first and I have always enjoyed his persona the most, plus I met him in Sydney at a con in 2001, and had a few beers with him in the lobby, terrific bloke who shook my hand when I told him he was my favourite Doctor 😭😭😭

Matt Smith is now my 2nd favourite Doctor (certainly my favourite New Series Doctor)

Big fan of the Moffat era and I am one of the few fans who actually like the Whittaker/Chibnall era.

Really hoping more missing episodes and stories turn up. The Enemy of the World is now my favourite Troughton story, it is so brilliantly acted and directed.

Capaldi > Smith IMO but Smith had the better stories, agreed.

Baker I used to love but have gone off a bit just because the personality is a bit too grating.

Pertwee was my first Doctor and I think is the most well-rounded and has the strongest consistency of stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back