The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As we speak make. Just got through episode 3.

Lots of respect for Nic Nat for the end of the episode. Really cool dude.
Met him once working for the Western Force. Him and Shuey were in one of the corporates and they were having some drinks and he was about to leave and he’d put his empty bottle on the bench. Said goodbye to everyone and walked out. Came back ten seconds later to put his drink in the bin commenting “what would my mother say if I left rubbish around?” It’s something insignificant but think it can tell you a lot about a persons character.

Met him once working for the Western Force. Him and Shuey were in one of the corporates and they were having some drinks and he was about to leave and he’d put his empty bottle on the bench. Said goodbye to everyone and walked out. Came back ten seconds later to put his drink in the bin commenting “what would my mother say if I left rubbish around?” It’s something insignificant but think it can tell you a lot about a persons character.

Top bloke! That’s so cool.

The part that I referenced was Nic Nat getting revved up to face Reilly O’Brien, who had called Nic Nat lazy in some cliff notes to rev himself up(it got out on Twitter from his phone that was broken/pushing all sorts of buttons by itself). Nic Nat goes from saying he is going to dance on his grave (or something to that effect) to buying O’Brien a new phone which he gave him after the game. Small gesture that suggests that Nic is a quality person.

Top bloke! That’s so cool.

The part that I referenced was Nic Nat getting revved up to face Reilly O’Brien, who had called Nic Nat lazy in some cliff notes to rev himself up(it got out on Twitter from his phone that was broken/pushing all sorts of buttons by itself). Nic Nat goes from saying he is going to dance on his grave (or something to that effect) to buying O’Brien a new phone which he gave him after the game. Small gesture that suggests that Nic is a quality person.
He’s got an uncanny ability to balance his arrogance with modesty. Makes it hard to dislike the guy.

I really enjoyed Sloane and Betts story arcs the most though. Just came across as really great people.

He’s got an uncanny ability to balance his arrogance with modesty. Makes it hard to dislike the guy.

I really enjoyed Sloane and Betts story arcs the most though. Just came across as really great people.
Lol from what I've watched Sloane comes across as a dickhead to me.

The midfielders meeting where he has a crack at Crouch then the coach basically tells him that he can say all the words he wants but actions matter feels like Sloane talks a lot of s**t.

The midfielders meeting where he has a crack at Crouch then the coach basically tells him that he can say all the words he wants but actions matter feels like Sloane talks a lot of sh*t.
:drunk::drunk::drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The midfielders meeting where he has a crack at Crouch then the coach basically tells him that he can say all the words he wants but actions matter feels like Sloane talks a lot of sh*t.
I felt like he wasn’t aiming that at Sloane at all. I felt like he was backing up what Sloane said.

I felt like he wasn’t aiming that at Sloane at all. I felt like he was backing up what Sloane said.

Considering how much Sloane chats away during games I dunno about that, comes across as such an annoying guy even if he's your teammate.

I’m only 2 eps in but I got that impression as well. Just seems like one of those annoying gits that’s always chirping.

Big fan of the show though, much better than I was expecting.

Yeah there's some moments which I was really surprised clubs allowed them to show. A lot comes off as ingenuine like the cringe Gale/O'Neal conversations about BLM and whatever, but the stuff during games at quarter time huddles and players getting dropped etc. looks very genuine and really insightful.

I’m only 2 eps in but I got that impression as well. Just seems like one of those annoying gits that’s always chirping.

Big fan of the show though, much better than I was expecting.

You haven’t got to the part with Rory, his wife and his child at the beach. Really sad watch.

You haven’t got to the part with Rory, his wife and his child at the beach. Really sad watch.

Yeah that was pretty heart breaking in fairness to the guy.

Sad because he had to leave for weeks/months on end?

Just them talking about some personal tragedies.

Considering how much Sloane chats away during games I dunno about that, comes across as such an annoying guy even if he's your teammate.

Yeah there's some moments which I was really surprised clubs allowed them to show. A lot comes off as ingenuine like the cringe Gale/O'Neal conversations about BLM and whatever, but the stuff during games at quarter time huddles and players getting dropped etc. looks very genuine and really insightful.

I can definitely see it too. Gale and O’Neal seem to be playing up to the camera. O’Neal was talking about the AFL players taking a knee and hopefully that it would get coverage in the states and the way she said it seemed like because it would look cool. I can see how what she says can rub people the wrong way.

Last edited:
I also thought everything in that segment was aimed at Crouch and not Sloane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back