The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate when any Dog is off lead. The amount of times I have seen a Dog walking 10-15 meters in front of its owner, off lead is startling. It’s like the owner cannot actually think for themself that their Dog is walking in front of peoples driveways. It’s like use your head, people do tend to drive out of their driveway you idiot.
Your dog would have to be bloody well trained to have it off lead in a resi area.

View attachment 1308408

Promising numbers for NSW if they have reached their omicron peak. Hopefully similar to South Africa a sharp drop off in cases happens.

As bad as the numbers are perhaps better to have them now in the middle of summer when vaccine efficacy is still high than in the depths of winter when vaccine efficacy is reduced for those without a booster shot.
Still a fair way to go for omicron in Aus. You are basically covid virgins.

Your dog would have to be bloody well trained to have it off lead in a resi area.

Most I’ve seen off leash have been but Dog’s are still unpredictable. I don’t know why anyone would have theirs off leash to just go for a walk.

Most I’ve seen off leash have been but Dog’s are still unpredictable. I don’t know why anyone would have theirs off leash to just go for a walk.
Yeah. My lab is very well trained but all it takes is the site of food / a cat / a squirrel and she is off.

I'll tend to let my dog off-leash at the park or at the beach (in off-leash areas) because I trust him to 95% of the time stay by my side or if he does wonder off come back when I call him, and enjoy him being able to interact with other dogs and play around with them in the right areas, but out for a walk in the neighborhood I'll always have him on leash because it's just too unpredictable as to what could happen to him if a car suddenly pulls out or if a dog on the other side of the street distracts him.

One of my employees who came in for an hour this morning has just tested positive on a RAT test. The 2nd line on his test was really faint though, does this mean it's an old infection? Not sure what to do really, just me in the office for this week now. Would rather isolate there then at home with the family. When should I take a RAT test? I assume obviously not right away.

One of my employees who came in for an hour this morning has just tested positive on a RAT test. The 2nd line on his test was really faint though, does this mean it's an old infection? Not sure what to do really, just me in the office for this week now. Would rather isolate there then at home with the family. When should I take a RAT test? I assume obviously not right away.
I don't think you would test positive on a RAT for 3-4 days

This was from an abc article the other day
1641784911053.png

I don't think you would test positive on a RAT for 3-4 days

This was from an abc article the other day
View attachment 1308539

Hmmm. Could be a false positive then on my employees RAT. Ill do one myself on Thursday and if thats negative all good.

Depends on the manufacturer but it is probably still a positive result, if the one I have is similar. If the control line isn't clear, then it's an invalid test.
Hmmm. Could be a false positive then on my employees RAT. Ill do one myself on Thursday and if thats negative all good.
False positives are pretty unlikely I think. Way more likely to get a false negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Djokovic wins somehow.
I think basically the government side conceded because they can just use ministerial power to have his visa cancelled anyway.

Which is pretty wild but also * him. From the looks of it he went out of his way to get the disease so he could be exempt and then didn't isolate while positive.

I think basically the government side conceded because they can just use ministerial power to have his visa cancelled anyway.

Which is pretty wild but also fu** him. From the looks of it he went out of his way to get the disease so he could be exempt and then didn't isolate while positive.
Sore losers... doesn't sound like ScoMo at all.

The game where we had 10 players unavailable including 4 positives.
Never known a set of supporters to be so dramatic about a few injuries as your lot.

You had not too far off your first choice XI playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back