Elmer_Judd

Baggers 8-2 2022
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Well, I don’t want to.

United fans are insecure cry babies crying into their cornflakes that their club will never be as successful as they were under Fungus and that City looks like having more than an decade stranglehold on The Premier League :)

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
United fans are insecure cry babies crying into their cornflakes that their club will never be as successful as they were under Fungus and that City looks like having more than an decade stranglehold on The Premier League :)

Only you could take a friendly back and forth/banter between posters as an actual real fight.

Elmer_Judd

Baggers 8-2 2022
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I seriously can never tell.

To be fair, my post came across as a lot more bad tempered than I intended, I am least should have put a couple of smiley emojis, the mistake is all on me.

Have to admit I didn't really see the humour in that tweet you posted either, but generally I always find myself siding with Citeh in Manchester banter/shitfights anyway (lesser of two evils plus their owners own my A League club)

Btw if you get the chance, watch Firebite, best Aussie series I have seen in years. So good.

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
To be fair, my post came across as a lot more bad tempered than I intended, I am least should have put a couple of smiley emojis, the mistake is all on me.

Have to admit I didn't really see the humour in that tweet you posted either, but generally I always find myself siding with Citeh in Manchester banter/shitfights anyway (lesser of two evils plus their owners own my A League club)

Btw if you get the chance, watch Firebite, best Aussie series I have seen in years. So good.

Its all good mate. :)

Thanks for the recommendation.

TheGreatBarryB

Hall of Famer
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
Big Gervais fan, a comedian who in my opinion is genuinely funny. His Golden Globes MC was great. The awkwardness of Office was what was so good, excellent observational comedy.

I’m a big UK office fan and was surprised how good the US version was, particularly whilst Steve Carell was on it.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, WCW
Big Gervais fan, a comedian who in my opinion is genuinely funny. His Golden Globes MC was great. The awkwardness of Office was what was so good, excellent observational comedy.

I’m a big UK office fan and was surprised how good the US version was, particularly whilst Steve Carell was on it.

And then we had to get it again and again and again.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kyrgios is so fun to watch when he's in a good mood.

It's very fun but I wouldn't wanna be his opponent lol not much respect being shown.

Handling it in the right spirit though lol.

Buckleys Jocks

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
And then we had to get it again and again and again.

Fair enough you didn't like it but that's kind of the point though. It isn't just Gervais either, the whole show revolves heavily around cringe humour and awkward interactions. I couldn't get into the US version because I just don't really enjoy that lighter type of American comedy.

Agree with Sozabarus The Office (UK) is GOAT tier for me as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Fair enough you didn't like it but that's kind of the point though. It isn't just Gervais either, the whole show revolves heavily around cringe humour and awkward interactions. I couldn't get into the US version because I just don't really enjoy that lighter type of American comedy.

Agree with Sozabarus The Office (UK) is GOAT tier for me as well.

Sorry think you're misunderstanding. Not saying there's inherently an issue with the humour in the Office, I'm saying Gervais plays the same character in everything.

moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
Timperley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City ****
Didnt mind afterlife, but didn't like the office.

Him telling a tubby little ginger campaigner that he'd be safe if he was a pedo in the first episode of afterlife cracked me up, about the only funny thing he's ever said imo.

Buckleys Jocks

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry think you're misunderstanding. Not saying there's inherently an issue with the humour in the Office, I'm saying Gervais plays the same character in everything.

Ah, I get you.

I don't disagree with that. He's not much of an actor really but I think what he does with the David Brent character is incredible. Outside of that I do agree he's a bit one dimensional.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I have heard some great things about the UK Office. Most short British sitcoms are funny as all hell and brilliant, so no surprise this one is the same.
The Office (UK) is peak television. Absolutely GOAT status.

The American version is absolute wank.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
I love the US Office version.

Never seen the UK version of it, but I don’t find Ricky Gervais funny at all and his head annoying.

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
One for glenferry23 - all of a sudden out of the blue my 6 year old son asked me what the simpsons was. Not sure where he got it from as I haven't been watching the simpsons for ages or ever mentioned it to him. So we sat down and watched a few episodes with him and now he loves it!

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Extras is Gervais best work imo. His stand up is overhyped but decent and The Office was unbelievable when it came out.

99 Problems

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Loved both versions of The Office. I thought the US one didn’t start well but picked up really quickly as it moved away from trying to be a UK copy and became its own show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad