The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what made it great. Bond wasn't meant to be an Oscar type film. It was meant to be funny.

It's not an Oscar type film, but it's also not a comedy.

No love for the Roger Moore films? His smooth one liners are hard to beat.
Would be my favourite set of films.
Loved the corny one liners, the by play with Q. All what made Bond films what they were.

Goldeneye and FRWL my two favourite films though.

Found his to be the worst in general.

Agreed, although Live and Let Die is pretty cool, and imo has the best soundtrack.

Moonraker and Octopussy are just too weird with bizarre and implausible storylines.

We had way too many Moore Bond movies and not enough Dalton imho.

Dalton's Bond brought an intriguing darker and enigmatic side to the character.

Agreed, although Live and Let Die is pretty cool, and imo has the best soundtrack.

Moonraker and Octopussy are just too weird with bizarre and implausible storylines.

We had way too many Moore Bond movies and not enough Dalton imho.

Dalton's Bond brought an intriguing darker and enigmatic side to the character.

But apparently he was vanilla. :tearsofjoy: The darkest, grittiest Bond before Craig..

But apparently he was vanilla. :tearsofjoy: The darkest, grittiest Bond before Craig..

I don't see how anyone could possibly reach that assessment lol

I would gladly have at least 2 more Dalton 007 movies at the expense of Moore or Brosnan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vanilla? Huh? Lol.

Do you mean Lazenby?

Yeah him too. Dalton's films didn't perform very well at the box office so it isn't just me and he was promptly replaced with Brosnan who I do rate highly as James Bond.

For me wit & humor is a must for a Bond character. That's just my personal preference.

Yeah him too. Dalton's films didn't perform very well at the box office so it isn't just me and he was promptly replaced with Brosnan who I do rate highly as James Bond.

For me wit & humor is a must for a Bond character. That's just my personal preference.

They didn't perform because his performances were such a strong pivot from Moore and people didn't like the darker, grittier version. Not sure it was because he was too vanilla.

I don't think Pierce was actually bad as Bond, it's just that aside from Goldeneye, all his 007 movies were rubbish (imo)

Still think Connery is the best Bond, but clearly there is problematic issues with his character (mainly due to the slapping and hitting of women, I know it was in the books but it does make me very uncomfortable watching it again).

I have read a few of the Bond novels as well, I know he is a product of his time and culture of the time, but Ian Flemimg was quite the bigot unfortunately. (Esp with regards to racism)

I don't think Pierce was actually bad as Bond, it's just that aside from Goldeneye, all his 007 movies were rubbish (imo)

Still think Connery is the best Bond, but clearly there is problematic issues with his character (mainly due to the slapping and hitting of women, I know it was in the books but it does make me very uncomfortable watching it again).

I have read a few of the Bond novels as well, I know he is a product of his time and culture of the time, but Ian Flemimg was quite the bigot unfortunately. (Esp with regards to racism)

Fair enough on Brosnan movies. Goldeneye is such a good one that it does leave a lasting impression. I didn't mind Die Another Day but the other two were pretty crap. Especially with Denise Richards cast as a Bond girl in The World Is Not Enough which just didn't work.

Agree with you on Connery also. He had it all, wit, humour, one liners and a bit of steel.

Started to watch an interesting series on AMC, Cursed Films..

Episode 1 is about The Exocist, which does have something of a controversial reputation, both off and on Screen

I don't believe in any of the mythology stuff they are saying, esp with regards to Ancient Egyptian relics in this movie, but I still find it both entertaining and fascinating

Medvedev went overboard but Tsitsipas and his old man have been warned a few times in the tournament and not much has been done until tonight when they got busted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back