The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

So maybe the regulations aren't working?

If they're breaching the current regulations how is that a comment on the regulations? It could certainly be a comment on the messaging, but in the past week I thought it had become much harsher.

If they're breaching the current regulations how is that a comment on the regulations? It could certainly be a comment on the messaging, but in the past week I thought it had become much harsher.
Either the messaging isn't working or the regulations aren't working or both.

Getting up and saying "please please please use common sense" is not harsh enough.
Not clearly defining what is essential work isn't helping. You can't leave that up to bosses because of course most of them will say that yes they are essential.

One or the other has to change. They seemed a bit more frustrated this morning but still not getting beyond saying please a lot.

Lol mate it's not even about that, it's when you ask questions and pretend to be innocent but every man and his dog knew what you were doing and you still won't own it. Just own that when you asked if we were going into lockdown you were just waiting for this exact situation to gloat and lord over and mock NSW?
No, that was an innocent question. You don't have to believe me, and I am not going to ask you to. Not sure why I would lie on an internet message board, either. If I was trying to be deceitful as you'd suggest, I'd have already "owned it".

But, believe what you like.

Either the messaging isn't working or the regulations aren't working or both.

Getting up and saying "please please please use common sense" is not harsh enough.
Not clearly defining what is essential work isn't helping. You can't leave that up to bosses because of course most of them will say that yes they are essential.

One or the other has to change. They seemed a bit more frustrated this morning but still not getting beyond saying please a lot.
Apparently the CHO ignored Gladys at the presser? That can't be good.

Apparently the CHO ignored Gladys at the presser? That can't be good.
I'm not sure about that, I might've missed it.

There was a moment where someone asked about wearing masks outdoors and Chant might have corrected Gladys and said that masks need to be worn outdoors if social distancing isn't able to be maintained (take aways etc), but I don't remember her ignoring her.

Huge number of infringement notices issued in NSW suggests the regulations are there, people are just disobeying them.

Every day Gladys stands up and says to stay at home unless absolutely necessary, and every day we report cases that have been 'in the community'. Why are people out and about? Ridiculous.

Because people are stupid and don’t like being told what to do. Well aussies anyway.

No, that was an innocent question. You don't have to believe me, and I am not going to ask you to. Not sure why I would lie on an internet message board, either. If I was trying to be deceitful as you'd suggest, I'd have already "owned it".

But, believe what you like.

Haha ok mate, everything else you've posted on the subject is just coincidentally exactly what I expected but that one post I've mis-read.

Because people are stupid and don’t like being told what to do. Well aussies anyway.
I think overall we've been pretty compliant with health directives, but also think we're reaching the point where the volume of people 'fed up' with repeated lockdowns is rapidly increasing. Far too few are vaccinated and we should prevent international arrivals until that changes.

I think overall we've been pretty compliant with health directives, but also think we're reaching the point where the volume of people 'fed up' with repeated lockdowns is rapidly increasing. Far too few are vaccinated and we should prevent international arrivals until that changes.
HQ outside of the two most populated cities 18 months into the pandemic might also hope the outbreaks reaching these levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said, believe what you want. Your mind was made up long ago.

Not gonna bother continue trying to justify myself.

Post another meme instead, much better use of your time.

Post another meme instead, much better use of your time.
Mr Last Word is back it seems. Just can't help yourself can ya?

I try to diffuse numerous times and you keep going back for more, like one of those little chihuahuas.

Mr Last Word is back it seems. Just can't help yourself can ya?

I try to diffuse numerous times and you keep going back for more, like one of those little chihuahuas.

You've been caught out and despite claiming to not continue to justify yourself have tried to do just that. Run along.

Caught out according to your opinion.

Guess thats the only one that matters in the world according to SM though

I think it's pretty clear and yet he continues to dig in, guess he needs you to fight his battles for him though, or just can't resist the urge to join in? Pretty pathetic from both of you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back