The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he is a superhero. He's gotta have muscles haha.

I would highly recommend reading Zero Year or Year Two, both of which are being drawn upon for this film. Not every iteration needs to be the brawler like Affleck. Remember, that version was 20 years into his career.

Pattinson’s version is unhinged. I cannot fault anything I’ve seen so far. Looks sensational. And I’m also old enough to remember Michael Keaton’s casting being dismissed because he was “too short”.

There’s definitely something unique about casting for Batman films and the critique it invites. Affleck, Heath Ledger etc. I never really participate in that negative stuff, I’m just grateful and excited for more content.

Was sceptical about another Batman, big fan of the first two Bale movies…but that trailer looks very good. Pattinson is a good actor, was great in Good Time and The Lighthouse

He probably doesn’t get the recognition/acknowledgment he deserves as many of his movies are independent type films and hence not viewed as widespread. Excellent actor though, everything I’ve seen him has been quality. No issue whatsoever for me with his casting in this.

For anyone that is interested this is a very good study in Netherlands on the effectiveness of vaccines on hospitalisation rates:

95% effectiveness against hospitalisation from vaccination.

Can see the effectiveness of vaccines in current UK stats. Just 783 serious / critical cases (column 3rd from right) out of 1.4 million active cases:

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 12.21.40 pm.png

You have to be absolutely nuts to not be vaccinated against covid.

I watched Free Guy the other day on Disney +, actually thought it was much better Than I expected, Taika Waititi is clearly as talented an actor as he is director, he stole every scene he was in as the villainous Antoine.

Not a big Ryan Reynolds fan but he was also great in this as the lead and I need to watch more stuff with Jodie Comer.

I have none, but I suspect it's probably a good movie you watch with the Missus and or kids.

8.5/10

Done a much better job than Vic for sure. Dans trying to play catchup now.

Dan has been dealt a bad hand by anti vax/entitled loons and right wing agitators both in the media and those inbred, floor spitting protestors.

Not saying he handled it perfectly, but honestly any educated and reasonable thinking person will understand he did as good a job he could keeping Victoria safe under the circumstances.

And despite what all the w***ers say on Facebook comments, he will absolutely romp it in next state election (Labor has such an huge margin of power with seats in the House of Reps here anyway it will take the Fiberal losers at least 2 elections to erode it and have a chance of forming government)

Dan has been dealt a bad hand by anti vax/entitled loons and right wing agitators both in the media and those inbred, floor spitting protestors.

Not saying he handled it perfectly, but honestly any educated and reasonable thinking person will understand he did as good a job he could keeping Victoria safe under the circumstances.

And despite what all the w***ers say on Facebook comments, he will absolutely romp it in next state election (Labor has such an huge margin of power with seats in the House of Reps here anyway it will take the Fiberal losers at least 2 elections to erode it and have a chance of forming government)

Harsh on Loonerty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just been hearing at work that all cases of COVID will automatically be assumed to have been caught at work unless work can prove otherwise, with two weeks leave plus other costs owing to the employee, so no wonder they want mandatory vaccinations for anyone returning to the office, with proof of vaccination to minimise the chances of this happening.

Just been hearing at work that all cases of COVID will automatically be assumed to have been caught at work unless work can prove otherwise, with two weeks leave plus other costs owing to the employee, so no wonder they want mandatory vaccinations for anyone returning to the office, with proof of vaccination to minimise the chances of this happening.
This is just your work I assume?

My 3 year old 's childcare had an outbreak. Agency workers came in due to normal staff having to wait for a negative test due tier 2 exposure. They were positive and exposed the whole childcare centre. Luckily my 3 year old wasn't there the week it happened (Grand Final week so closed on Friday and he didn't attend on Thursday).

DHHS shut the place down for 3 weeks until all linked cases had recovered from covid and all close contacts had tested negative 3 days in a row after their 14 day ISO period.

One of the cafes I supply is shutting for week(to find new staff) because 3 staff won't get Vaxed. It's a small business and thats 3/5s of her work force.

This pandemic is really showing who the selfish campaigners are.

Oh ffs. There's a nurse at my wife's hospital that wouldn't get vaxxed. No medical exemption. Just insanity.

How do these people refusing the vax think they are going to be employable in the future?

If you saw a gap on a CV for a period of time starting from Oct/Nov 2021and their work history was in an area that requires vaccination you'd assume it's being they refused, so why would you hire them? Do they think they'll be able to start some sort of anti-vaxxer side economy separate to the real world?

Seems like a lot of people are waiting it out thinking once we get to 80% they'll be able to join the the freedom with the vaxxed.
Yeah but if for instance a teacher quits their job in November 2021 because of the vax how do they think they'll get another job?

Teachers always resign at a time that allows for them to be paid out the Xmas holidays so it's clear as day they quit because of the vax. Unless they are applying for jobs with anti vaxxers in charge it's going to be a big black mark against their name compared to other applicants.

Not to mention it's not that easy to make a sudden career change, especially going into summer break. And the fact that many career teachers have spent every year since the age of 4 or 5 only in schooling institutions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back