The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Time will tell I guess why this happened. But it doesn't come as a great surprise.

So much vitriol in politics nowadays, and people would rather attack than discuss or debate. Seems there's not a lot of tolerance on either side of the political spectrum for anyone with a different opinion. Which is a real shame imo, and I can only see that getting worse.

Yeah finished it awhile ago, Watched it because I liked Dominic West from the Wire. It was pretty great.
Everyone in that series was outstanding. The acting was flawless by each and every cast member.

Noah wasn't a bad person, he just made bad decisions.

Finale is my favourite finale of all time I reckon. That final scene is perfection.

It's called an election. You vote them out. So sick of idiots like yourself who just run and cry dictatorship forgetting that you can vote out the politicians and vote in the ones who make the changes.
This

Time will tell I guess why this happened. But it doesn't come as a great surprise.

So much vitriol in politics nowadays, and people would rather attack than discuss or debate. Seems there's not a lot of tolerance on either side of the political spectrum for anyone with a different opinion. Which is a real shame imo, and I can only see that getting worse.
Yeah

Time for UK politicians to get security? 3rd attack I think in the last 10-11 years, 2 deaths now, a sad state of democracy

Fairfax are centre left so they probably already have.
They're centre-right these days with Costello in charge.

Basically what the HUN was 10-15 years ago, the HUN being an openly partisan LNP PR outfit now along with the Australian and Daily Terrorgraph

They're centre-right these days with Costello in charge.

Basically what the HUN was 10-15 years ago, the HUN being an openly partisan LNP PR outfit now along with the Australian and Daily Terrorgraph
That may be so but just because Costello is chairman doesn't mean that he is heavily influencing the politics of the paper. IIRC he consults for a corporate advisory firm and is chairman of the super fund. Both of which probably take priority for him over The Age. He used to hold a number of high profile non exec roles. Not sure if that's still the case though. He's certainly not a Murdoch type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone in that series was outstanding. The acting was flawless by each and every cast member.

Noah wasn't a bad person, he just made bad decisions.

Finale is my favourite finale of all time I reckon. That final scene is perfection.
Six feet under is still my favourite ending. I think the affair lost a little bit of its way during S3 but it ended on a great note.

Six feet under is still my favourite ending. I think the affair lost a little bit of its way during S3 but it ended on a great note.
S3-4 definitely lost its way, first few eps of 5 were average but from about halfway through to the end it was excellent television.

Six Feet Under is just about a perfect ending as you can get. Breaking Bad not far behind.

Everything outside of Pattinson looks sensational. I'm still not convinced with him as Batman.

Has he put on any weight and muscle? Looked kinda weedy when out of the suit as BW.

I dont know.... but everything else looks amazing!

I must admit that the misconception of what Batman needs to look like physically does make me chuckle a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back