The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

How'd you injure yourself?

You're not alone! I'm in my 20s and am already feeling far more fragile than I was as a youngster. Went for a swim at the beach today and managed to put my neck out :drunk:
Chasing after a rank half tracker. Tbf the ground is new and surprisingly hard.

This morning was rough.

Don't really get the appeal of the Venom movies to be honest. It's a Spiderman villain getting his own movies but not involving Spiderman.
I was disappointed with the first one and watched this one cos I was bored and the mrs was out.

But I really enjoyed Spiderman as a kid, and Venom was one of his biggest enemies in the cartoon and games.

The movies could have been so much better, especially cos they were toned down.

I wish I never did.
I got into it during season 3 and it slowly got better for a few years.
Then we saw season 6 starting to drop off a little and that drop off continued through season 7.
Season 8 though was embarrassing. (a good scene here, good cgi there but it was just a rush)

George RR Martin put in so much detail into his books, and you could make a good show based off of it.
But once the source material ran out you had 2 people with minimal experience writing an original concept trying to complete a series.
Quality of writing dropped off immensely and the show fizzled out for me.

Yeah, was amazing for 6 years. (peaking in season 5) but that ending? I just hope George RR Martin can finish the books, then the show's remade someway or another.
It's one of the greatest tragedies in TV history. After the source material ran out, the writing quality was ******* atrocious. And for some reason they rushed everything too, for some inexplicable reason they decided to go from 10 episode series to 7 episodes in season 7 and then just 6 episodes in season 8.

Dumbest. Idea. Ever.

We're s**t at writing and lets also cram it in into less episodes.

Ugh. Ruined what was absolute peak television for 6 seasons.

It's one of the greatest tragedies in TV history. After the source material ran out, the writing quality was ******* atrocious. And for some reason they rushed everything too, for some inexplicable reason they decided to go from 10 episode series to 7 episodes in season 7 and then just 6 episodes in season 8.

Dumbest. Idea. Ever.

We're sh*t at writing and lets also cram it in into less episodes.

Season 7 was meant to be the last season then they extended it to 13 episodes and split it into two seasons.

Which was a mistake. Too much story to tell tried to cram into too few episodes.

Ok, just pointing out that they agreed and expanded the story by a further 3 episodes, rather than shrinking the last two seasons.

But yeah they got their heads turned and rushed the last two seasons.

I think it was always a story that would be impossible to finish in a satisfactory way as it was so bloated.

Ok, just pointing out that they agreed and expanded the story by a further 3 episodes, rather than shrinking the last two seasons.

But yeah they got their heads turned and rushed the last two seasons.

I think it was always a story that would be impossible to finish in a satisfactory way as it was so bloated.
Could easily have finished in the same quality as the rest if Martin's work was out and finished. But no source material left them hamstrung.

Martin takes way too ******* long to write a book.

Could easily have finished in the same quality as the rest if Martin's work was out and finished. But no source material left them hamstrung.

Martin takes way too ******* long to write a book.

I think he's given up too because he also thinks it's too hard to wrap up in a satisfactory way.

Hahaha wow.

The effects are nice.
It was such a tonal mess. Editing was horrendous and there was no flow, I hated Woody and his girlfriends characters (extremely hammed up), Michelle Williams couldn’t look less interested, too much of venom talking - needed much less.

The effects were great though and one of Venoms comments.

Dumbest. Idea. Ever.

The two creators had a contract to do Star Wars (spin-offs?) with Disney so apparently that was main reason they rushed it. Blame Star Wars…what a disaster the Disney deal was on so many levels

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The two creators had a contract to do Star Wars (spin-offs?) with Disney so apparently that was main reason they rushed it. Blame Star Wars…what a disaster the Disney deal was on so many levels
Really the biggest issue is the sequel trilogy and I guess Solo wasn't amazing.

But everything else since the Disney deal has been good. Just give the keys to Feige, Filoni and Favreau.

Really the biggest issue is the sequel trilogy and I guess Solo wasn't amazing.

But everything else since the Disney deal has been good. Just give the keys to Feige, Filoni and Favreau.
The problem there is that the sequel trilogy is the tent pole and they royally ****ed it. Solo wasnt a bad movie if they just made it a Star Wars story about someone else instead of Han Solo. You cant recast Han Solo, Han is Harrison Ford. The end. Just didnt work because all movie you're being told Han Solo is on screen and nobody can see Han Solo.

But outside of that, the story was great. It would have worked as a film if it was just about someone else.

Dumbest. Idea. Ever.

I know the last two seasons weren’t as good as some of the earlier great seasons but at least you can say it ended decently. Many great TV series have had shockingly bad series finales where it seems like the show runners have intentionally tanked their own TV show lol.

The worst debated series finales are the ones where fans say, “you have to use your imagination for what the finale means”. You know those particular finales were actually s**t, otherwise I wouldn’t need to use my imagination. GOT wasn’t like that at least.

I know the last two seasons weren’t as good as some of the earlier great seasons but at least you can say it ended decently. Many great TV series have had shockingly bad series finales where it seems like the show runners have intentionally tanked their own TV show lol.

The worst debated series finales are the ones where fans say, “you have to use your imagination for what the finale means”. You know those particular finales were actually sh*t, otherwise I wouldn’t need to use my imagination. GOT wasn’t like that at least.
Disagree completely. The final two seasons of GoT and the final few episodes were absolutely awful. Sure they resolved everything but it was all super s**t! I've never been so disappointed in a TV show that went from possible GOAT to absolute ******* shite.

The worst debated series finales are the ones where fans say, “you have to use your imagination for what the finale means”. You know those particular finales were actually sh*t, otherwise I wouldn’t need to use my imagination. GOT wasn’t like that at least.
I didn’t mind second last season or most of the last. But the GOT finale was an absolute shocker, it’s the poster child of rubbish finales

Disagree completely. The final two seasons of GoT and the final few episodes were absolutely awful. Sure they resolved everything but it was all super sh*t! I've never been so disappointed in a TV show that went from possible GOAT to absolute ******* sh*te.

That’s the unfortunate thing about the final two seasons. Once the source material ran out, it was a cluster*. Still had some great episodes but those were few and far between.

I didn’t mind second last season or most of the last. But the GOT finale was an absolute shocker, it’s the poster child of rubbish finales

Maybe I am in the minority with the finale. Seems to be because lots of people hated it.

Definitely minority.

Cersei died in the most stupid way and watching Jamie's character arc just being thrown in the bin when he chooses Cersei again was dumb. Why Khaleesi who's entire character arc has shown her to have compassion and wanting to free slaves and save people just turns into a mad woman and burns an entire city for no apparent reason. Then they make the most ridiculous choice in the new king, they also build up the white walkers over the entire 8 season arc only for the King to be killed by like a 12 year old girl. And for the white walkers to not even make it past Winterfell in there quest south.

Ugh I hated everything about the final two seasons.

Last edited:
Season 6 didn't have source material and was fantastic so I think it's a bit of a cop out to say it was an issue with the source material. Like RPCB I didn't mind S7 or S8, but they did feel like a slightly different show. It got to a point where the story stopped expanding out in new directions and started rapidly contracting.

The show finished like 5 years ago haha

Lol try 2 years ago.

I'd still say it's better to stay vague on how these sorts of shows end, I only watched the Sopranos a few years ago, and haven't gotten around to things like Dexter yet, and it isn't too hard to discuss these shows without giving away key plot points.

Season 6 didn't have source material and was fantastic so I think it's a bit of a cop out to say it was an issue with the source material. Like RPCB I didn't mind S7 or S8, but they did feel like a slightly different show. It got to a point where the story stopped expanding out in new directions and started rapidly contracting.
True but with so much to work with (source material) from the previous five seasons and on going storylines to work with that were already in motion it was easier to continue the quality on but the further and further they got away from the source material the worse it became. Then the genius idea to squash a massive story told over 60 hours in the previous 6 seasons into just 12 or so episodes instead of 20 was stupid.

Runied what was once peak television.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back