The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Close contacts don't have to isolate now in transport / logistics anymore. Includes servo workers. Sensible decision.
Really? They have made the definition of close contact to be only someone you live with.
If you are considered a close contact under that definition, you almost surely have it.

Really? They have made the definition of close contact to be only someone you live with.
If you are considered a close contact under that definition, you almost surely have it.

Not at all. My nephew tested positive a few months ago in England. Sister in law (Nurse) and brother in law (Copper) were allowed to continue working on the basis that they test negative on a RAT test before going to work every day for a total of 10 days and that they are fully vaccinated with a booster.

Neither of them contracted the virus from my nephew who picked it up at school. It's not a given if you are fully vaccinated with a booster that you'll be infected if you live with a positive case.

Not at all. My nephew tested positive a few months ago in England. Sister in law (Nurse) and brother in law (Copper) were allowed to continue working on the basis that they test negative on a RAT test before going to work every day for a total of 10 days and that they are fully vaccinated with a booster.

Neither of them contracted the virus from my nephew who picked it up at school. It's not a given if you are fully vaccinated with a booster that you'll be infected if you live with a positive case.
We are currently at 20% boosted.

Seems distribution of RATs tests (easy Cruyffy) in UK is fairly well organised incl free tests. Curious to know from our UK posters on their view on accessibility there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems distribution of RATs tests (easy Cruyffy) in UK is fairly well organised incl free tests. Curious to know from our UK posters on their view on accessibility there

Freely available until the last month where they have been supply issues.

You can order a box of 7 for delivery, normally comes the next day. Or you can order a collection code and pick up from a pharmacy.

Kids get handed boxes at school, and when theres plenty available you can pick up from a pharmacy without a collection code.

Had some supply issues in the past month but seems to be back on track. I've picked up 6 or 7 boxes in the past week as I want to bring some over to family in Australia.

Pretty straightforward. You order them through a government website. A pack of 7 tests turns up on your front door within a few days. Limit is 1 pack per person ordered per day. Barcodes on the tests link through to the NHS App. Whoever sorted it out and has done well. Ive currently got 3 packs at home as I'm testing regularly ahead of an overseas holiday.

Freely available until the last month where they have been supply issues.

You can order a box of 7 for delivery, normally comes the next day. Or you can order a collection code and pick up from a pharmacy.

Kids get handed boxes at school, and when theres plenty available you can pick up from a pharmacy without a collection code.

Had some supply issues in the past month but seems to be back on track. I've picked up 6 or 7 boxes in the past week as I want to bring some over to family in Australia.
Pretty straightforward. You order them through a government website. A pack of 7 tests turns up on your front door within a few days. Limit is 1 pack per person ordered per day. Barcodes on the tests link through to the NHS App. Whoever sorted it out and has done well. Ive currently got 3 packs at home as I'm testing regularly ahead of an overseas holiday.
Wow, such a big difference to here …much like vaccine rollout. Feds are disorganised mess here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back