The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what they are saying. Encourages and promotes anti vax behaviour is their overrule reasoning. Should a guy that 100k of the 26m voted for make his own call over what the courts legally deem is right?

I don’t think his visa was cancelled because the government don’t like him. He’s a risk, that’s why it was cancelled.

I don’t think he should have been let in to begin with.

I don’t think his visa was cancelled because the government don’t like him. He’s a risk, that’s why it was cancelled.

I don’t think he should have been let in to begin with.
A risk for what? Encouraging anti vax behaviour.

That's not good enough reasoning to stop someone entering. There should be better controls than saying he's a risk for encouraging behaviour

That's not good enough reasoning to stop someone entering. There should be better controls than saying he's a risk for encouraging behaviour

“I don't think he should have got in.”

Any reason you don’t think Djokovic should have been let in to the country if all he was doing was encouraging anti vax behavior?

So why the need to have the minister do it if the courts said he could stay?
The court said the procedure wasn't followed. It never said he could stay, hence the minister is still able to throw him out.

I think if the courts say he shouldn't be kicked out he shouldn't be.

I don't think he should have got in. But if the courts deemed our systems allowed him to enter legally then that's the final call.

I don't like the ministerial overrule unless it brings with it new information that the courts missed. This whole we don't like him doesnt cut it for me
The courts said that because of absolutely nothing to do with his visa and because the government couldn't be bothered when they have parliamentary discretion.

He travelled during the 14 days he said he didn't, he got covid after the deadline for the application and didn't isolate, he applied for the wrong visa, and he's now fit but shows no intention of being vaccinated.

Any of these is grounds enough let alone all of them.

Says who? You?

I think if the courts say he shouldn't be kicked out he shouldn't be.

I don't like the ministerial overrule unless it brings with it new information that the courts missed. This whole we don't like him doesnt cut it for me

boncer34 beat me to it but mate you make it easy sometimes to hit disagree.

Trying to mount a pro-djoker case. Come on now. He filled out the wrong visa, was found to have mingled abroad whilst knowingly covid positive, and lied on the visa application he did fill out.

Incorrectly completely a visa would get your average joe deported at the border so why should a rich tennis player get special treatment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Older lady that lives above us is on holiday and got burgled last night. Heard noises, didnt think anything of it as it's not unusual - had to report it to police this evening as I thought it looked weird after scoping it out for the day and her not being home... was worried she might have fell victim but luckily not. Apparently they climbed the drain pipe and smashed in a hole in a window. Poor old gal.

First time I'd ever dealt with police outside of breathos etc.

Older lady that lives above us is on holiday and got burgled last night. Heard noises, didnt think anything of it as it's not unusual - had to report it to police this evening as I thought it looked weird after scoping it out for the day and her not being home... was worried she might have fell victim but luckily not. Apparently they climbed the drain pipe and smashed in a hole in a window. Poor old gal.

First time I'd ever dealt with police outside of breathos etc.

That is horrible for her. Some people are such ******* scumbags and think they can steal what is not theirs. I hope they catch the prick(s).

That is horrible for her. Some people are such ******* scumbags and think they can steal what is not theirs. I hope they catch the prick(s).
Same. Just makes me nervous about our place now. They apparently used hob cleaner to wipe down the finger prints. That's how I noticed it cause it came down the walls to our place.

boncer34 beat me to it but mate you make it easy sometimes to hit disagree.

Trying to mount a pro-djoker case. Come on now. He filled out the wrong visa, was found to have mingled abroad whilst knowingly covid positive, and lied on the visa application he did fill out.

Incorrectly completely a visa would get your average joe deported at the border so why should a rich tennis player get special treatment?
Not pro-Novak. Just don't like ministerial overrules to patch over their own * up

Good riddance to bad trash

FIhixZwVQAA71SH

Hated Djoker years before this fiasco btw, he has always been a smug arrogant SOB

He never should have got into the country in the first place. Good result but what a waste of time for some somewhat important members of the govt. during a time when they surely have better things to do. Country looks like the backwater that Bart made it out to be all those years ago. Makes for a much better AO with a wide open men's tournament though!

He never should have got into the country in the first place. Good result but what a waste of time for some somewhat important members of the govt. during a time when they surely have better things to do. Country looks like the backwater that Bart made it out to be all those years ago. Makes for a much better AO with a wide open men's tournament though!

That idiot CEO of Tennis Australia is probably more to blame than any members of our government to be fair.

Not pro-Novak. Just don't like ministerial overrules to patch over their own fu** up
The * up was from one of the hundred's of thousands of people across the country who work apolitically within a government department, agency or GBE.
One ABF staff member cancelled him 45 minutes prematurely. That's why his appeal won, not because he deserved to stay, but merely because 1 person acted a little too soon in correctly omitting him. MP Hawke has merely ensured justice has been served.

Not pro-Novak. Just don't like ministerial overrules to patch over their own fu** up

Might want to read up on the situation a bit more if you think it's the Aus govt that ****ed up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back