The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Had one of the worst 12 hr periods I've had in forever last night.

My fiancé has MS and her scan came back with several new spots on her brain and then found out we'd miscarried about 6 hrs later.

Very few people in our personal lives know/knew so it's actually helping to vent here. Don't mind me haha.
So sorry to hear. Terrible stuff. Vent away we're all here for you

My fiancé has MS and her scan came back with several new spots on her brain and then found out we'd miscarried about 6 hrs later.

Very few people in our personal lives know/knew so it's actually helping to vent here. Don't mind me haha.

So very sorry to hear this. Hope you have the support you need. Stay safe.

Terrible news, that's a lot to unpack for both of you in such a short space of time. I hope you both have good support mate. Very very sorry to hear this.

Mate that is awful, don't really know what to say aside from sorry.

Are the spots anything to be worried about?

Cheers all. I know I haven't spent much time here recently but I have very fond memories from the many discussions we've had previously.
Mate that is awful, don't really know what to say aside from sorry.

Are the spots anything to be worried about?
They are parts of the brain that are now permanently damaged (and won't function). Thankfully they're very small but it's difficult to hear your own body is attacking your brain, especially at the ripe old age of 27.

We'll be alright, was just a bloody tough morning copping all of that at once.

I watch all 3 LOTR movies about twice a year, extended editions, they're the goat movies for me.

Peter Jackson is planning to do a director's cut/extended extended version of them which apparently, total running time is 8 days .. (so I read on a verified FB page)

They are good movies but yeah, nope.

I think The Hobbit trilogy is better for some reason (big fan of Marty Freeman)

Oh man, my heart really does go out to you, your fiancé and your baby. I am so, so sorry.

I don't know what to say, but if you ever need anything me and I am sure anyone else here are always here to help..

Sending you both all my healing thoughts and positive energy

Take care pal

Cheers all. I know I haven't spent much time here recently but I have very fond memories from the many discussions we've had previously.

You shouldn’t. They are all campaigners to be fair.

They are parts of the brain that are now permanently damaged (and won't function). Thankfully they're very small but it's difficult to hear your own body is attacking your brain, especially at the ripe old age of 27.

s**t man. :(

Such a young woman to be dealing with this. The miscarriage is just another hammer blow. I am keeping both of you in my thoughts.

Peter Jackson is planning to do a director's cut/extended extended version of them which apparently, total running time is 8 days .. (so I read on a verified FB page)

An 8 day cut sounds like one of those myths that isn’t true. 😂

The films are fantastic at 3-4 hours. But I can’t say 192 hours would make the movies a better experience lol.

An 8 day cut sounds like one of those myths that isn’t true. 😂

The films are fantastic at 3-4 hours. But I can’t say 192 hours would make the movies a better experience lol.

It's probably bollocks but a fun rumour nonetheless

It's probably bollocks but a fun rumour nonetheless

Exactly what I found before when I searched for it. Would actually be funny to watch three movies over a one to two month period because they are so long lol.

Last edited:
Exactly what I found before when I searched for it. Would actually be funny to watch three movies over a one to two month period lol.

Reckon you could make a case for shows like Game of Thrones and Wheel of Time are essential that, especially with weekly cliffhangers and based on popular novels with a massive fanbase, and massive budgets and SFX.

I probably could watch 8 days (not all at once though lol) of unseen footage of the late, great Sir Christopher Lee, one of my all time favourite actors in PJ'S LOTR director's cut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FJfMxzrWQAA8jt8

:)

I like the Hobbit movies as well but they don’t hold a candle to the LOTR trilogy IMO, was rushed and a lot more of it was CGI.

Man, that's terrible. I am so sorry.

Will your fiance be able to live a normal enough life with the spots?

Italy has a new Karen law. After being rewarded what amounts to $15,000, I am sure that couple is laughing to the bank that in the end their pain and suffering wasn’t that bad. Shameful.

Hope this doesn't cause too much controversy and angst aka shitfights here, but since the end of World War II, two of Europe's most bigoted and facist nations at the time have gone on separate strands and pathways. Talking about Germany and Italy , one has become an economic, social and manufacturing powerhouse, the other has stagnated badly, which is disappointing given they have given the world many, if not most of history's greatest thinkers, philopshers and artists..

Its hard to know how much of a stranglehold the Vatican/Catholic Church has put over Italy which has resulted in its total lack of significant progress in most areas it previously excelled at, aside from football, and even then, recent Euro Triumph aside , it's stagnated rather badly in recent years, esp with regards to Azzuri success in the Champions League.

I love most things Italian (except their national football team) so I am not trying to knock their wonderful country and culture , but it seems to me they haven't really learnt or grown much from their involvement in the major world wars, unlike Germany.

I watched a bit of the game, was extremely high quality.

Kyrgios reminds me of Balotelli though, so much talent but a head case.

Really? Think he's settled down a lot the last few years. What makes you say that?

When the crowd tried to put Medvedev off he even had a go at the crowd for being unsporting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back